GIVE ME YOUR BEER SUGGESTIONS!!

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: GIVE ME YOUR BEER SUGGESTIONS!!

Post by count2infinity »

it's ghey if you DON'T get the cinnamon ring.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

lol stop with the cinnamon ring talk
thepittman
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by thepittman »

Cinnamon ring, what the gay is that?
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

mac5155 wrote:Got a sixxer of duquesne pilsner. It's underrated
you are correct.
Kraftster wrote:1554 is fantastic.
so are you.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

i dunno...if someone "cinnamon's your rim", it sounds pretty dubious
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

gotta get the cinnamon ring on pumking.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

Picked up Guinness Black Lager at the Jynt Iggle on 8. I've had two so far, and I'm not sure what I think about it. It's definitely smooth, but I'm not getting a lot of flavor. Could be the sushi I had with it; dunno.

Gonna keep drinking. Because I'm a scientist like Batman in this way. Bam.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Didnt want to drink tonight but have nothing going on. So cookin a steak, bloomin onion, and enjoying Yuengling for the first time in a long long while. I may even opt for the cinnamon ring.
UVM2003
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by UVM2003 »

Mad mex on McKnight has 22 oz Sierra celebration for five dollars. They also have a great Belgian strong/winter warmer on - Chouffe N'ice. For those that like the Christmas ales the chouffe is excellent.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

The celebration ale from sierra is good, but it could be drank any time of the year. doesn't really strike me as a winter specific beer.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

Tonight's roster:

Ups to my man Randy the Beer Guy at the Jiggle on Raaaaht 8 for recommending the Carolus and the Trappistes 10.
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jimjom »

Smashing Macallan 12 year I got as a gift.

Killing Magic Hat Encore as well. Was on sale at Banksville. Wheat--IPA.

I wouldn't want to be my head tomorrow. Lots of dark alcoholic liquids. But they're great going dahn.
Wrangler98
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Wrangler98 »

thepittman wrote:Mmm mad elf
YES!
Wrangler98
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Wrangler98 »

Anything New Belgium is overrated in my opinion. When Fat Tire hit Virginia it was "ZOMG WE GOTS FAT TIRE", it isn't even good. The rest are okay.

Sipped on some Dogfish 60 tonight, my regular brew of choice. I've had about every beer you can name that is sold in Virginia or Maryland. Love anything Dog Fish. I have a 120 aging for now, started at 18% abv I plan to drink it on my 21st birthday, hopefully aging it nicely to over 20% abv in a little of a years time. :D
Wrangler98
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Wrangler98 »

Currently:

Bell's Two Hearted Ale
Dog Fish 60, 90, Midas Touch, Palo Santo, Immortal Ale.
Duvel
Founders Breakfast Stout
Stone Oaked Arrogant Bastard, IPA, Levitation
Bad Elf
Dog Fish Chicory Stout

So many more domestic brews. Flying Dog and Heavy Seas are okay for what they are.

SN, Troegs, and New Belgium are in my dog house right now. Not liking them too much currently.

Imported, currently, I'd suggest Stella for an easy drinking beer. If you want something off the beaten path, get Chimay. It's a little steep in price but worth it. Can't go wrong with anything really, except for Smithwick's - stuff is bad. Skullcrusher Ale is awesome if you can somehow find it.
Spoiler:
holy tripe post batman
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jimjom »

I like the fact that you know all this stuff about beer and have tried and can comment on these beers relevantly and you're not yet 21. When I was 20 I was scrounging Hamms 36 packs and Colt 45 from people I sort of knew. Good for you man non condescendingly.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Wrangler98 wrote:Anything New Belgium is overrated in my opinion. When Fat Tire hit Virginia it was "ZOMG WE GOTS FAT TIRE", it isn't even good. The rest are okay.
I like Fat Tire okay, but all the New Belguim stuff has a very similar flavor, and that flavor is wearing thin.

Finally got Magic Hat Howl and tried. I was pleasantly surprised.

Need to get some Sam Smiths for the holidays.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

I finally have some time today that I think I'm going to go browse the bottle shop today and pick up some good holiday selections. What are some christmas favorites that people have that are available in PA? I know Sierra Nevada is a common favorite, but I'm not too huge a fan of SN in general. BUs are usually a bit much for me.

If I have any bigger get togethers I'll probably get a Sam's seasonal variety. I think their Chocolate Bock is pretty good and the Fezziwig is good.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

Kraftster wrote:I finally have some time today that I think I'm going to go browse the bottle shop today and pick up some good holiday selections. What are some christmas favorites that people have that are available in PA? I know Sierra Nevada is a common favorite, but I'm not too huge a fan of SN in general. BUs are usually a bit much for me.

If I have any bigger get togethers I'll probably get a Sam's seasonal variety. I think their Chocolate Bock is pretty good and the Fezziwig is good.
Tried the Sam Adams Infinium champagne beer yesterday at Jiggle. Very smooth.

Delirium Noel is class.

Penn Brewery Noel Bock was good.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Eismann wrote:
Kraftster wrote:I finally have some time today that I think I'm going to go browse the bottle shop today and pick up some good holiday selections. What are some christmas favorites that people have that are available in PA? I know Sierra Nevada is a common favorite, but I'm not too huge a fan of SN in general. BUs are usually a bit much for me.

Tried the Sam Adams Infinium champagne beer yesterday at Jiggle. Very smooth.

Delirium Noel is class.

Penn Brewery Noel Bock was good.
Ah, thanks for that, almost forgot - I am hoping I can find it.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Anyone have any favorite Irish Reds? Other than just like the Smithwick's/Murphy's/etc?
UVM2003
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by UVM2003 »

I would steer clear of SN Celebration if you're not into hoppy beers - it's essentially a seasonal IPA.

There's Russian River Supplication available around the area. It's a sour aged in Pinot Noir barrels, and it's impossible to describe. It's phenomenal. I saw Temptation as well, it's aged in chardonnay barrels.

As for holiday beers - have you had St Bernardus Christmas Ale? It's a strong dark belgian ale and is very smooth. Hard to find and pricey, but since I am not fond of overspiced Christmas ales, it's one I seek out every year.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

UVM2003 wrote: As for holiday beers - have you had St Bernardus Christmas Ale? It's a strong dark belgian ale and is very smooth. Hard to find and pricey, but since I am not fond of overspiced Christmas ales, it's one I seek out every year.
i haven't been able to find this for the last 2 years. i'd do awful things to get my hands on a bottle.

my favorite winter beer that i can actually find is the harpoon winter warmer. busted a case out at a party last weekend. veeeeery popular.
UVM2003
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by UVM2003 »

shmenguin wrote:
UVM2003 wrote: As for holiday beers - have you had St Bernardus Christmas Ale? It's a strong dark belgian ale and is very smooth. Hard to find and pricey, but since I am not fond of overspiced Christmas ales, it's one I seek out every year.
i haven't been able to find this for the last 2 years. i'd do awful things to get my hands on a bottle.

my favorite winter beer that i can actually find is the harpoon winter warmer. busted a case out at a party last weekend. veeeeery popular.
St Bernardus Christmas was at a bottle shop in New Kensington - very out of the way but the selection is unreal. Definitely worth the trip.

Recently I took a trip to Vintage Estates in Boardman, OH. They get Three Floyds, Jolly Pumpkin, Alesmith, and others. It's worth a drive just to spend a few hours looking at the selection.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

I had a "Black and Brew" and really enjoyed it....The coffee flavor punches through quite nicely.