TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: TV Shows

Post by Froggy »

Spoiler:
the Sophia thing was brilliant because it forced them to practice what they preach. It is really easy to tell someone else that their loved ones are gone forever, and to mow them down without remorse. But when you are forced to turn the gun on a member of your "family", then that's a different matter. Nobody wanted to shoot her, but after what they did, they had no choice. Just really smart storytelling.

I am kind of hoping they go back to that gated housing community I think it was like issue 7 or 8 of the comics. I was kind of upset they skipped over that before they got to the farm. I would really like the season finale to end with them finding the prison. But I don't think they can kill 6 hours until then. I guess it can end where vol. 3 ends, with the prisoners turning on them. Very interested to see what's next. They have strayed the PERFECT amount from the comics, IMO.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Froggy wrote:
Spoiler:
the Sophia thing was brilliant because it forced them to practice what they preach. It is really easy to tell someone else that their loved ones are gone forever, and to mow them down without remorse. But when you are forced to turn the gun on a member of your "family", then that's a different matter. Nobody wanted to shoot her, but after what they did, they had no choice. Just really smart storytelling.

I am kind of hoping they go back to that gated housing community I think it was like issue 7 or 8 of the comics. I was kind of upset they skipped over that before they got to the farm. I would really like the season finale to end with them finding the prison. But I don't think they can kill 6 hours until then. I guess it can end where vol. 3 ends, with the prisoners turning on them. Very interested to see what's next. They have strayed the PERFECT amount from the comics, IMO.
Spoiler:
agreed on the strayed comment. I think they keep it close enough to follow loosely and far enough to change whatever they need to change.

I think the second season has started out slow, but the fist half ended very well imo.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

Sarcastic wrote:
relantel wrote:HIMYM cliffhanger:
Spoiler:
building from the prior episode, where Barney and Robin deal with their relapse, this one continues Barney's morphing into a relationship man. And a surprise from Robin at the end. Really funny bit int here about Barney and Ted having a kid together as straight guys.
That ending was too freaky. I wonder "who"... and I'll stop here because that would be a major spoiler.
If by freaky you mean "Completely obvious considering the way the show has been trending" then sure, I agree.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

i believe in froggy's half-serious theory. those aren't ted's kids.

ted marries robin, and those kids are someone else's. it's how i met "your mother" - not "my wife"
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Got caught up on some shows over the long weekend.

Hell on Wheels: Watched the first 3 episodes. I'm enjoying that show. I think I'll stick with it.

HIMYM: Also got caught up. Crazy ending of the last episode. Wonder how that will turn out.

Chuck: Watched all 4 episodes of the season. Started off slow, but the end of the 4th episode was really good. Seems like every previous season was like this, the first 3 or 4 episodes were stupid, but then it turns more serious and gets good.

Walking Dead:
Spoiler:
Awesome ending to the mid season finale. I did figure out Sophia would be in that barn because I didn't think they'd end there w/o wrapping up that story line. So when they didn't find her and they opened up the barn, I figured that is where she would be.

I don't read the comics, but I've read the summary of those story lines, so I have some idea what happens. Glad the TV show sort of sticks with the main story line, but deviates with some characters and side stories. Keeps it good and fresh.
Community: Watched like 4 or 5 episodes I didn't see yet. It's been a decent season.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

Walking Dead comic/show theory
Spoiler:
Do we think Merle (Darryl's brother) is the Governor on the show?
Boardwalk Empire
Spoiler:
Didn't see Angie getting offed. At all. William Forsythe is a scary dude. I've been a little borderline about this season, but I'll still watch it.
Homeland - How great is this show?
Last edited by Digitalgypsy66 on Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:Walking Dead comic/show theory
Spoiler:
Do we think Merle (Darryl's brother) is the Governor on the show?
Spoiler:
I read an interview with the writer/director of the show and that was asked, since they both have their hand cut off. He responded saying that would be too obvious and he wasn't going to go that route. But at the end of his answer, he said that maybe since it was so obvious he'd do it since people wouldn't expect him to do it.

So who knows, but I don't know if he'll go that route.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

newarenanow wrote: Hell on Wheels: Watched the first 3 episodes. I'm enjoying that show. I think I'll stick with it.
Still haven't finished the pilot. But still keep-until-delete the episodes as they come, think there are 4 now?
newarenanow wrote: HIMYM: Also got caught up. Crazy ending of the last episode. Wonder how that will turn out.
And of course there was not a new episode last night. Though the one they aired last night might have been one of the most funny episodes of the 10-11 season.
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Loaf31 »

Looking to get into Hell on Wheels.... There is a catch up marathon on Sunday so I will be setting the DVR
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

Can somebody let me know what happened on HIMYM? I'm curious, but have no actual desire to watch it on hulu
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Froggy wrote:Can somebody let me know what happened on HIMYM? I'm curious, but have no actual desire to watch it on hulu
Spoiler:
Barny and Robin hooke up again like 3 episodes ago. 2 episodes ago, Barny and Robin said how they have feelings for each other, and they were going to break up with their current boy/girlfriends to get back together, only for Robin to not follow through after Barney did.

And then in the last episode, Robin was acting all crazy. And at the end, Barney was having a heart to heart with her when she revealed that she is pregnant to him. It ended there.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

Thanks. Now I don't have to waste 20 mins.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Froggy wrote:Thanks. Now I don't have to waste 20 mins.
It was pretty funny from the Barney-Ted angle. Though the guest appearances by Wayne Brady are badly mismanaged, as they do not use his comic talent.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

i've heard a couple people here like it, but i thought that the ted-barney angle from that episode was one of the dumbest things they've ever put on that show
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

shmenguin wrote:i've heard a couple people here like it, but i thought that the ted-barney angle from that episode was one of the dumbest things they've ever put on that show
They've put a lot of dumb things on the show the past few years.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

Started watching Psych on Netflix. I am about 8 episodes into season 1 and it is an absolutely awesome show. I am hoping that it gets better, but even if it stays status quo I would be thrilled.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

Rylan wrote:Started watching Psych on Netflix. I am about 8 episodes into season 1 and it is an absolutely awesome show. I am hoping that it gets better, but even if it stays status quo I would be thrilled.
I haven't watched it regularly in a few years, but it gets better for the next few seasons. Dule Hill and James Roday have great chemistry, and the outtakes (they have a funny name for them, available on USA's website if not on the episodes on Netflix) are hilarious.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

I watched my first episode of American Horror story last night. It was episode 5, so I was a little confused as to who is dead and who is alive and exactly what was going on. But it was pretty good. Some f'd up stuff, but good.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

meecrofilm wrote:
shmenguin wrote:i've heard a couple people here like it, but i thought that the ted-barney angle from that episode was one of the dumbest things they've ever put on that show
They've put a lot of dumb things on the show the past few years.
The whole show is dumb. That's what makes it funny.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

meecrofilm wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:
Spoiler:
building from the prior episode, where Barney and Robin deal with their relapse, this one continues Barney's morphing into a relationship man. And a surprise from Robin at the end. Really funny bit int here about Barney and Ted having a kid together as straight guys.
That ending was too freaky. I wonder "who"... and I'll stop here because that would be a major spoiler.
If by freaky you mean "Completely obvious considering the way the show has been trending" then sure, I agree.
Spoiler:
I was referring to the ending. And you didn't go into the episode thinking she's going to announce she's pregnant in the end of it.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

shmenguin wrote:i believe in froggy's half-serious theory. those aren't ted's kids.

ted marries robin, and those kids are someone else's. it's how i met "your mother" - not "my wife"
I don't see that at all. Ted and Robin are friends at this point, so that would be the worst thing they could do.. putting them together. It'd be basically settling for both of them (failing to find love) and being unimaginative in creating an ending (the writers' side). She and Barney are clearly in love anyway, so that's where those two are heading.
Spoiler:
What they could do is put in a twist where Robin is pregnant with Kevin's kid, and Barney accepts it in the end and choosed to be with her anyway, but I'm hoping it's his kid from that night they slept together.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

I learned a new word for "toilet" in last night's New Girl. "turdlet".
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

Sarcastic wrote:
meecrofilm wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I was referring to the ending. And you didn't go into the episode thinking she's going to announce she's pregnant in the end of it.
Yeah I got that. No I didn't go into the episode thinking that, but my suspicions were piqued when she locked herself in the bathroom (maybe not merited, but that's where my mind is at regarding the show at this point) and when Barney came in I just rolled my eyes because you knew where it was heading.

It's still got some funny stuff in it which is why I still mostly regularly watch, but I much preferred it when it was more of a sraight comedy than before it tried to bridge the gap and copy shows like Scrubs (unsuccessfully IMO). So much of it just feels forced to me.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

meecrofilm wrote:It's still got some funny stuff in it which is why I still mostly regularly watch, but I much preferred it when it was more of a sraight comedy than before it tried to bridge the gap and copy shows like Scrubs (unsuccessfully IMO). So much of it just feels forced to me.
I agree. I think it was better early on. I struggled last 2 seasons and I thought I'll stop watching it. Extremely forced. But this season has been better. And I gotta make it to the end at this point. :)
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by AlexPKeaton »

The new showtime show House of Lies looks HOT! Especially the previews with Kristen Bell in next to nothing!