TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: TV Shows

Post by JeffDFD »

nocera wrote:Just so you guys know, SNL has been really great tonight.
I stopped watching SNL a lonnnnnnng time ago because it wasn't funny anymore....but recently it seems to have been better as I have caught a few things here and there. Might have to give it another chance.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Physical_Graffiti »

shmenguin wrote:is family guy a little underrated these days? that show still makes me laugh
It's been pretty terrible for a while
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Finished the Third season of Married With Children earlier. Such a great show. However, it's annoying that season 3 (and at least 4 as well) do not have the original theme music... instead there is some lame thrown together orchestral sounding piece. :thumbdown:
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

JeffDFD wrote:
I stopped watching SNL a lonnnnnnng time ago because it wasn't funny anymore....but recently it seems to have been better as I have caught a few things here and there. Might have to give it another chance.
SNL these days is very dependent on the host. Think Saturday had more to do with Segel and the Muppets than the cast themselves, which is still pretty bad.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

relantel wrote:
JeffDFD wrote:
SNL these days is very dependent on the host. Think Saturday had more to do with Segel and the Muppets than the cast themselves, which is still pretty bad.
I thought the writing was pretty good, especially pre-Update. The Kemper-Pedic sketch had me cracking up.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

I watched the Romney intro and laughed. Then I went to bed.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

i liked the andre the giant thing at the end
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by JeffDFD »

Walking Dead...so what the heck is a Mid Season Finale? Never heard of this before. Is it not going to be on air for a few weeks or something after next week?
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

JeffDFD wrote:Walking Dead...so what the heck is a Mid Season Finale? Never heard of this before. Is it not going to be on air for a few weeks or something after next week?
Haven't watched it yet but I have noticed a lot of shows do this now. Fringe and Chuck for instance. At first I thought it was a way to gauge interest in a show and if ratings were good they would shoot more but it doesn't appear that way.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

JeffDFD wrote:Walking Dead...so what the heck is a Mid Season Finale? Never heard of this before. Is it not going to be on air for a few weeks or something after next week?
I'm guessing that they will finish it up, starting in January.
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

PensFanInDC wrote:
Haven't watched it yet but I have noticed a lot of shows do this now. Fringe and Chuck for instance. At first I thought it was a way to gauge interest in a show and if ratings were good they would shoot more but it doesn't appear that way.
I think (mind you, I'm not sure) the mid-season finale is really because of the holidays. With people traveling and doing family parties and everything, no one really has time for tv. Instead of having ratings suffer, a lot of shows just take a few weeks break until after the holidays.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

That's a valid point. Good call.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

This is the new thing that started a few years ago. Especially on cable networks. They will have part 1 and 2 of seasons and split them, while airing other shows during that break. Especially when the season is only 13 or so episodes. I think it allows the show to stay on the air spread out instead of showing 3 months of new shows and then nothing for 9 months. They will show for 2 months, take a break for 2 months and then show again all new episodes.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

if anyone's bummed about walking dead taking a few weeks off, just replay the last 3 or 4 episodes and you'll probably have 95% of what a brand new episode would be like.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by JeffDFD »

shmenguin wrote:if anyone's bummed about walking dead taking a few weeks off, just replay the last 3 or 4 episodes and you'll probably have 95% of what a brand new episode would be like.
You are aware you do not have to watch the show (nor post about it) if you don't like it, yes? :pop:
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

JeffDFD wrote:
shmenguin wrote:if anyone's bummed about walking dead taking a few weeks off, just replay the last 3 or 4 episodes and you'll probably have 95% of what a brand new episode would be like.
You are aware you do not have to watch the show (nor post about it) if you don't like it, yes? :pop:
eh. criticism is part of discussion. i like the show, i'm just a little bored right now. and not in the, "moar zombies!!!" kind of way. i think the characters are becoming less interesting as the series is progressing.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

I think that Shane losing his mind is interesting. Kind of makes me think they are gonna use the end of vol 1 of the comics for the end of season 2. Trying to be as vague as possible since I can't do spoilers from my phone.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

I actually enjoyed last nights episode save for the Rick and Lori discussion. I thought that was weak.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Physical_Graffiti »

Entourage Season 3, brah.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by JeffDFD »

Physical_Graffiti wrote:
Entourage Season 3, brah.
I don't have HBO
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by knives of ice »

the walking dead seems like a show that the network knows is a hit and they are going to drag it out as long as possible. going downhill fast. all the women characters are pathetic and pretty much bring nothing to the show at all, which is sad. they just aren't moving the story forward at all and nothing is happening especially in this last episode.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

knives of ice wrote:the walking dead seems like a show that the network knows is a hit and they are going to drag it out as long as possible. going downhill fast. all the women characters are pathetic and pretty much bring nothing to the show at all, which is sad. they just aren't moving the story forward at all and nothing is happening especially in this last episode.
The cowgirl is hot.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Yes.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

I just watched Hawaii 5-O from last night. It was awesome.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

I'm watching 2 Broke Girls.

Caroline: "People really tipped us well last night."

Max: "Well, don't get used to it. Thanksgiving is almost here and as soon as people realize how much money they'll have to spend on Hollywood gifts, their wallets will snap tighter than Kim Kardashian's legs after the wedding check cleared."

rotflmao