Non-Pens NHL Games Thread

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: Non-Pens NHL Games Thread

Post by Gaucho »

Columbus SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Isles SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE!!!
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Jets SCOO... never mind.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

So Toronto is the best team in the East?
profpolisci
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by profpolisci »

5-3 Isles
pens#1
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pens#1 »

Gaucho wrote:So Toronto is the best team in the East?
In November, not April
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

Blowout night much?

Boston wins 7-0.
Philly wins 9-2.
Detroit wins 5-0.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Philly wins 9-2 and Kimmo Timonen was even. My fantasy team says *PIZZA* YOU KIMMO!!!
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

PensFanInDC wrote:Philly wins 9-2 and Kimmo Timonen was even. My fantasy team says *PIZZA* YOU KIMMO!!!
My defense is so bad right now...and I can't even pick anyone else up until Yahoo decides to put Enstrom on IR.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

npv708 wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:Philly wins 9-2 and Kimmo Timonen was even. My fantasy team says *PIZZA* YOU KIMMO!!!
My defense is so bad right now...and I can't even pick anyone else up until Yahoo decides to put Enstrom on IR.
It seems your wish is yahoo's command.
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

A few things about Columbus:

1. Arniel probably will get the Ax in the next few days. They have quit for him...much like we did for MT.
2. I don't think Rick Nash is a good captain(Yes, I said it). I would probably throw that C on Umberger and call it a day.
3. Time to trade for a goaltender. Steve Mason blows.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Kovy27 wrote:2. I don't think Rick Nash is a good captain(Yes, I said it). I would probably throw that C on Umberger and call it a day.
:shock:

What have you done with the real Kovy27?
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Kovy27 wrote:A few things about Columbus:

1. Arniel probably will get the Ax in the next few days. They have quit for him...much like we did for MT.
2. I don't think Rick Nash is a good captain(Yes, I said it). I would probably throw that C on Umberger and call it a day.
3. Time to trade for a goaltender. Steve Mason blows.
If I'm them I'm already on the phone with NYI and offering a 3rd rounder for Nabokov, sign him to a new one year 2M deal, let him tutor Mason (although I think the kid is broken at this point) and because of that I go hard after one of Backstrom, Lehtonen, or Quick in 2 years. The FA market for goalies is terrible this year. That or I try and get Nash to waive that shiny NTC/NMC and pull a starter off someone now.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Kovy27 wrote:A few things about Columbus:

and much like the same Columbus team quit on Hitch.
Draftnik
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Draftnik »

Nash is definitely a Robin, not a Batman. I think it even goes beyond him being Captain. If he is your best player, your team isn't going to be very good. He is passionless.

Jeff Carter although injured is essentially the same type of player. Very talented, but little to no heart. He doesn't want to be there so it isn't surprising he is in no hurry to rush back to the lineup.

Its a real mess. Mason seems to be a modern day Jim Carey. This is his 3rd season of sucking. Its obvious his first season was the fluke, not the past 2.X seasons.

Their amateur scouting staff should be fired as well. They have done an incredibly poor job of wasting high first round draft picks.
pcm
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by pcm »

Scott Howson has done a pretty bad job there. He seems to be able to identify their problems, but his solutions suck. They're the worst team in the league, yet they're right up against the cap.

I'd blow the whole thing up, starting with Howson and then dangle Nash to see if some team will offer up a stud dman (Nashville?). Hire MT and see if Mason can regain his confidence with a solid defense in front of him. Give the C to Umberger and follow the Nashville / Phoenix model.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

pcm wrote:Scott Howson has done a pretty bad job there. He seems to be able to identify their problems, but his solutions suck. They're the worst team in the league, yet they're right up against the cap.

I'd blow the whole thing up, starting with Howson and then dangle Nash to see if some team will offer up a stud dman (Nashville?). Hire MT and see if Mason can regain his confidence with a solid defense in front of him. Give the C to Umberger and follow the Nashville / Phoenix model.
:pop:

That's definitely not the worst idea.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

columbia wrote:
pcm wrote:Scott Howson has done a pretty bad job there. He seems to be able to identify their problems, but his solutions suck. They're the worst team in the league, yet they're right up against the cap.

:pop:

That's definitely not the worst idea.
Dat definately...not dee worst idea in da' league --Michael Therrian
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Nice. In the background you see Bieksa and Mayers fighting. In the foreground Kesler and Montador chat as if nothing is happening.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Problem with that is Nash has a NTC/NMC going right now so he'd have to waive it. I agree they should move him but not for a stud d-man but for an actual goalie.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

Milbury calling an Isles game is pure gold. Chara/Yashin trade already came up.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

I want to punch McGuire.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Pavel Bure wrote:

Problem with that is Nash has a NTC/NMC going right now so he'd have to waive it. I agree they should move him but not for a stud d-man but for an actual goalie.
Honestly the best goalie in the league right now would struggle with the way the team in front of the crease is playing. Their needs are far deeper than a stud goalie.
Draftnik
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Draftnik »

Hitchcock looks like he weighs 25% of his peak weight.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Kraftster wrote:
Honestly the best goalie in the league right now would struggle with the way the team in front of the crease is playing. Their needs are far deeper than a stud goalie.
I agree but am a firm believer in building from the net out. Go for that, build your D through FA/trades, fill in the forwards, pry Tippet off Phoenix.