TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: TV Shows

Post by columbia »

the wicked child wrote:
columbia wrote:Top Chef returns tonight at 10.
Spoiler:
lololol. Big time Master Chef ripoff to start.
Spoiler:
Kicking the smart-ass kid off was interesting. He was such a D, that he could have been good for their ratings.

The vegan dude from Seattle was pretty funny....No chance from the get go.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Got caught up on the League and Always Sunny over the last 2 or 3 days.

Great stuff.

Now need to catch up on American Horror Story and watch Grimm.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Anyone likes the New Girl? I read someone describe Zooey as "adorkable". That's about right. Anyway, it's a good show and leads right to the excellent Raising Hope.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Oh. Psych! Last night's episode was really good but the previous two.... the one where the guys wake up with no memory and think they killed a guy and also last week's where Shaun and Gus dressed up as vampires may have been the funniest ever!!!!!
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Sarcastic wrote:Anyone likes the New Girl? I read someone describe Zooey as "adorkable". That's about right. Anyway, it's a good show and leads right to the excellent Raising Hope.
the 2nd/3rd episodes were letdowns vice the pilot; think we missed the 4th (didn't record due DVR space issues) and haven't watched this week's yet. Expecting, nay, hoping, it rebounds.
rasbatch
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by rasbatch »

Sarcastic wrote:Anyone likes the New Girl? I read someone describe Zooey as "adorkable". That's about right. Anyway, it's a good show and leads right to the excellent Raising Hope.
she's totally adorkable and dorkable and back on the market! Saw about 5 minutes of the show which feature her butt :thumb:
Also loved her in Hitchhikers guide!
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

relantel wrote:
the 2nd/3rd episodes were letdowns vice the pilot; think we missed the 4th (didn't record due DVR space issues) and haven't watched this week's yet. Expecting, nay, hoping, it rebounds.
You didn't like Count Chocula!? The vampire faces S and G were making were hilarious.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

No?

[youtube][/youtube]
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Sarcastic wrote:Anyone likes the New Girl? I read someone describe Zooey as "adorkable".
it's actually a pretty funny show, but with one very flawed premise. that a group of guys living with someone like zooey deschanel arent going to continually try to nail her. and not only are they not trying to nail her, they actually find her somewhat repellent. she needed to ugly her self up to make that show believable.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

I'm not sure how American Horror Story can sustain this plot line past one season. Seems like so much is happening and it will be wrapped up in one year.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

MWB wrote:I'm not sure how American Horror Story can sustain this plot line past one season. Seems like so much is happening and it will be wrapped up in one year.
I'm going to start watching it. I know I asked before, but is it worth it?
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

I'm not a big horror fan, but it's kept my interest. Moves fast and some interesting plotlines, just not sure if it can last.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

shmenguin wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:Anyone likes the New Girl? I read someone describe Zooey as "adorkable".
it's actually a pretty funny show, but with one very flawed premise. that a group of guys living with someone like zooey deschanel arent going to continually try to nail her. and not only are they not trying to nail her, they actually find her somewhat repellent. she needed to ugly her self up to make that show believable.
if this show was set in the late 90's "She's All That" universe, it might be more believable, I guess
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Froggy wrote:
shmenguin wrote:
if this show was set in the late 90's "She's All That" universe, it might be more believable, I guess
yeah. quirky hipsters weren't cool yet in the late 90's. they were getting there, but preppies ruled the universe and zooey deschanel would have been one of the drama club/band geeks.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

The League was hysterical tonight. Watched it with the pens game on mute on my computer. maybe the best episode yet
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Physical_Graffiti »

:scared: Alan is going to become Charlie
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Always Sunny was great last night....atleast in my opinion, this season is like season 6 in that it starts off slow, but really picks up steam with some excellent episodes.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

I'm finally all caught up on the Walking Dead.

I'm going to watch the new episodes of the Leaugue and Always Sunny tonight.

I'm way behind on Community.

Other than that, I need to start American Horror.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

New Girl's episode this week was closer to the pilot than eps 2-3 were.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Office was ok last night. Whitney was pretty funny(never seen the show before).
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Froggy wrote:The League was hysterical tonight. Watched it with the pens game on mute on my computer. maybe the best episode yet
This show is hilarious and I feel like along with Curb is now the future of comedy sitcoms. Scripts? We don't need no stinking scripts, just give us a general idea and let us run with it. Jon Lajoie is hilarious.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

Pavel Bure wrote:
Froggy wrote:The League was hysterical tonight. Watched it with the pens game on mute on my computer. maybe the best episode yet
This show is hilarious and I feel like along with Curb is now the future of comedy sitcoms. Scripts? We don't need no stinking scripts, just give us a general idea and let us run with it. Jon Lajoie is hilarious.
Pete is the unsung hero of that show. Sure, there are more flashy characters(rafi & taco) and ruxtin & Andre have their specific schticks. But Pete is very subtle, to the point where you don't realize how much of a lazy a-hole he is until repeated viewings.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Froggy wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:
Pete is the unsung hero of that show. Sure, there are more flashy characters(rafi & taco) and ruxtin & Andre have their specific schticks. But Pete is very subtle, to the point where you don't realize how much of a lazy a-hole he is until repeated viewings.
Agree. He is great.

That whole cast is awesome. They all bring something different, but it all gells.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

The whole bobbum man thing had me in tears last night.

HE'S GOT A BAG OF EQUIPMUNK!
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Physical_Graffiti »

shmenguin wrote:
Some women like to think that a place exists where they won't be hit on.