TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: TV Shows

Post by newarenanow »

Chuck season premier was decent. I have mixed emotions about Morgan and the intersect.

Walking Dead was great.

I still need to catch up on the League.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

some of those walking dead posts need spoiler tags
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by AlexPKeaton »

Homeland.is.so.good.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

newarenanow wrote:I have mixed emotions about Morgan and the intersect.
Me too. On the other hand, Sarah looked cuter than ever.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

You guys watch Once Upon A Time on ABC? 2 episodes so far. I really like it.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

DVR'd the pilot of Grimm on Friday. Haven't watched it yet though.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Sarcastic wrote:You guys watch Once Upon A Time on ABC? 2 episodes so far. I really like it.
it's one of those shows that i've been watching at the request of my wife. pretty good, but not something i'd watch on my own. but compared to the other wife-show i watch (Ringer), it's amazing.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Sarcastic wrote:
newarenanow wrote:I have mixed emotions about Morgan and the intersect.
Me too. On the other hand, Sarah looked cuter than ever.
Agree. Liked the shorter hair. She was in Maxim and looked great.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

relantel wrote:DVR'd the pilot of Grimm on Friday. Haven't watched it yet though.
I'm definitely watching it. Pilot had some really cool monsters.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Pan Am is starting to stagnate. Too many storylines I think. Still I'm going to give it some rope because of how it started.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

I have definitely stopped caring about HIMYM. I think it may have actually fallen below "I'll watch it if it's on" status.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Froggy wrote:I have definitely stopped caring about HIMYM. I think it may have actually fallen below "I'll watch it if it's on" status.
I watch the old re-runs when they are on, but I've never caught on with that show.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Froggy wrote:I have definitely stopped caring about HIMYM. I think it may have actually fallen below "I'll watch it if it's on" status.
I still watch it. Actually, I think it has been better this season than like the past 2 or 3. Hopefully it goes one more year and it is done. It is definitely coming close to the end IMO.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Feel the same way about HIMYM. Still watch it because I need to see the conclusion and they better have a conclusion instead of just dropping it or I'll be pissed. But it's a show I often fall behind on because last couple of seasons have been a bit of a struggle.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Sarcastic wrote:Feel the same way about HIMYM. Still watch it because I need to see the conclusion and they better have a conclusion instead of just dropping it or I'll be pissed. But it's a show I often fall behind on because last couple of seasons have been a bit of a struggle.
So often fail to wrap up shows like that... At least have a Newhart ending instead of a Seinfeld one.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

I would love it if HIMYM was cancelled out of the blue, and they left the premise unresolved.

Edit:or if in the finale, it's revealed that ted's kids are imaginary, because he is too horrible a character to ever fall in love. Hell, make all the main characters imaginary, too. Go crazy with it.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Froggy wrote:I would love it if HIMYM was cancelled out of the blue, and they left the premise unresolved.

Edit:or if in the finale, it's revealed that ted's kids are imaginary, because he is too horrible a character to ever fall in love. Hell, make all the main characters imaginary, too. Go crazy with it.
hahaha...i'd love it if ted was just in a rubber room talking to himself. i wouldn't be surprised if they somehow twisted it so that robin is their mother. they could tweak a bunch of the flashbacks to make it happen.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by AlexPKeaton »

shmenguin wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:You guys watch Once Upon A Time on ABC? 2 episodes so far. I really like it.
it's one of those shows that i've been watching at the request of my wife. pretty good, but not something i'd watch on my own. but compared to the other wife-show i watch (Ringer), it's amazing.
I actually really dig the show. High production values, unique plot, and very intense. It could use slightly better casting, but that is a minor quibble. (Also the main character is supposed to be 28 but she looks at least 40 lol). They have a really good actress for Snow White but she is barely in the show.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Sarcastic wrote:Feel the same way about HIMYM. Still watch it because I need to see the conclusion and they better have a conclusion instead of just dropping it or I'll be pissed. But it's a show I often fall behind on because last couple of seasons have been a bit of a struggle.
I think they will wrap it up. The show was renewed for this year and next season. I think if it looks like it is going to come to an end, the writers will be told to wrap it up. The show is was too popular IMO, and it has what needs a conclusion, unlike some other shows. I know TV is a brutal business and it can be cancelled right away, but if it looks iffy it won't go past next year, they will just run it out on a horrible night or in the summer. But there will be a conclusion.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

ive enjoyed grimm and OUAT ...both entertaining so far.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

shmenguin wrote:
Froggy wrote:I would love it if HIMYM was cancelled out of the blue, and they left the premise unresolved.

hahaha...i'd love it if ted was just in a rubber room talking to himself. i wouldn't be surprised if they somehow twisted it so that robin is their mother. they could tweak a bunch of the flashbacks to make it happen.
If you really think about it, the show is called "How I Met Your Mother", not "How I Met My Wife". What if they werent even teds kids? He's just talking to the children of a woman he at some point met.

:bong rip: ?
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

AlexPKeaton wrote:
shmenguin wrote:
I actually really dig the show. High production values, unique plot, and very intense. It could use slightly better casting, but that is a minor quibble. (Also the main character is supposed to be 28 but she looks at least 40 lol). They have a really good actress for Snow White but she is barely in the show.
I think the evil queen is terrific. I'm scared of her!
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Froggy wrote: If you really think about it, the show is called "How I Met Your Mother", not "How I Met My Wife". What if they werent even teds kids? He's just talking to the children of a woman he at some point met.

:bong rip: ?
awesome. another scenario for ted to end up alone and miserable :thumb:
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by AlexPKeaton »

Sarcastic wrote:
AlexPKeaton wrote:
shmenguin wrote:
I think the evil queen is terrific. I'm scared of her!
Yeah she is very good, and good looking. I don't like the guy playing Prince Charming, and the main character chick doesn't jell with me that well. It isn't terrible casting; it is actually pretty good casting for a network.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

CBS, by far has the worst programming of the major networks...none of their shows are any good.