Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by Physical_Graffiti »

PensFanInDC wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:
cheesesteakwithegg wrote:Most things about facebook annoy me, but especially posts about what people are eating / cooking

"Beef Stew for dinner! Hope is turns out OK!"

"Pumpkin Spice Coffee! Yum!"
lol, I have seen more obnoxious posts from women (and a gay dude I know) about frigging pumpkin spice lattes. NO ONE CARES
I love pumpkin spice lattes. That don't make me gay does it?
:pop:
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

Physical_Graffiti wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:
cheesesteakwithegg wrote:Most things about facebook annoy me, but especially posts about what people are eating / cooking

"Beef Stew for dinner! Hope is turns out OK!"

"Pumpkin Spice Coffee! Yum!"
lol, I have seen more obnoxious posts from women (and a gay dude I know) about frigging pumpkin spice lattes. NO ONE CARES
I love pumpkin spice lattes. That don't make me gay does it?
:pop:
That's a slur. I am offended. :slug:
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by LeopardLetang »

when i slowly approach a stop sign and an over-cautious female(usually) driver is already completely stopped at the stop sign coming from another direction. they absolutely cannot go, apparently, until i've come to a decidedly motionless position. so now i have to sit there, my eyes widening in impatience, as they slowly accelerate through my intended path.

i've recently tried to avoid this situation by prodding that careful "watcher on" with a continuously assuring "you're safe to move" wave as i approached, which was slightly effective but made me feel a bit like a maniac. so now i'm turning my frustration into amusement by trying to see how long i can make them wait by decelerating as slowly as possible and nosing out slightly past the stop sign. and one day i may just continue right through it, at 2 mph, staring them in the eyes, relishing in their surprise and emerging disgust, while wearing a big troll face smile on my face.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

LeopardLetang wrote:when i slowly approach a stop sign and an over-cautious female(usually) driver is already completely stopped at the stop sign coming from another direction. they absolutely cannot go, apparently, until i've come to a decidedly motionless position. so now i have to sit there, my eyes widening in impatience, as they slowly accelerate through my intended path.

i've recently tried to avoid this situation by prodding that careful "watcher on" with a continuously assuring "you're safe to move" wave as i approached, which was slightly effective but made me feel a bit like a maniac. so now i'm turning my frustration into amusement by trying to see how long i can make them wait by decelerating as slowly as possible and nosing out slightly past the stop sign. and one day i may just continue right through it, at 2 mph, staring them in the eyes, relishing in their surprise and emerging disgust, while wearing a big troll face smile on my face.
lololol
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

L-squared just won the thread
stopper40
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by stopper40 »

LeopardLetang wrote:when i slowly approach a stop sign and an over-cautious female(usually) driver is already completely stopped at the stop sign coming from another direction. they absolutely cannot go, apparently, until i've come to a decidedly motionless position. so now i have to sit there, my eyes widening in impatience, as they slowly accelerate through my intended path.

:thumb:
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

IrishEyes wrote:Is it really so difficult to type real words and have your status make freakin' sense on Facebook? I hate all these, "there's no reason 4 it 2b this cold" updates. USE WORDS, PEOPLE!!!!!!

/rant
Related to this, this is a comment someone posted on my one friend's status about her truck not starting. This is word-for-word letter-for-letter. "I hv so bn there n done that...whtcha thnk s wrng w it? I hv learnd how 2 do sm wrk on my durango. Gd luck w it. Miss ya"

I feel rage. :evil:
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

PghSkins wrote:Not being able to remember perfectly good irrational pet peeves to add to this thread hours after I think of them.
Happens to me all of the time.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

IrishEyes wrote:
IrishEyes wrote:Is it really so difficult to type real words and have your status make freakin' sense on Facebook? I hate all these, "there's no reason 4 it 2b this cold" updates. USE WORDS, PEOPLE!!!!!!

/rant
Related to this, this is a comment someone posted on my one friend's status about her truck not starting. This is word-for-word letter-for-letter. "I hv so bn there n done that...whtcha thnk s wrng w it? I hv learnd how 2 do sm wrk on my durango. Gd luck w it. Miss ya"

Lol "is" wasn't short enough?
stopper40
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by stopper40 »

IrishEyes wrote:

/rant

I don't think these are irrational pet peeves, I think it's well justified. I have a friend who does that, everytime I read one of her posts, i consider deleting her from my friends list. I understand doing it while texting, you have limited space, but to do it in a status update, shows you're either lazy or stupid or both
Three Stars
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Three Stars »

Buying lots of furniture for my new house? Good.

Hearing that your favorite piece out of the furniture is not available until December? *Pizza*!
Gabe
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Gabe »

columbia wrote:
Juice wrote:Putting your pin number in an atm machine?
They put a lot of people out of work.

Not so sure about that. I work in the ATM industry. from the IT folks, the financial network people, the service providers and their management, there's a crazy amount of human "overhead" involved in keeping these things working.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Three Stars wrote:Buying lots of furniture for my new house? Good.

Hearing that your favorite piece out of the furniture is not available until December? *Pizza*!
The embroidered admin throw pillows are on back order?!?!?!
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

The pronunciation of this name:
PghSkins wrote:I'm not supposed to say this because they were the old archrival, but really wish I had a Worcester Icecats jersey.
RxBandit66
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by RxBandit66 »

My biggest pet peeve right now: the following comercial:

"I'm Bonnie, and this is MY CVS!"

I've never hit a woman and certainly don't believe in doing so under any circumstance, but something about the attitude of that particular woman makes me want to knock her right off that scooter and drop kick her in the friggin head.
ILikeTurtles
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by ILikeTurtles »

RxBandit66 wrote:My biggest pet peeve right now: the following comercial:

I've never hit a woman and certainly don't believe in doing so under any circumstance, but something about the attitude of that particular woman makes me want to knock her right off that scooter and drop kick her in the friggin head.
Do it, you won't.
RxBandit66
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by RxBandit66 »

ILikeTurtles wrote:
RxBandit66 wrote:My biggest pet peeve right now: the following comercial:

Do it, you won't.
Ah...but a funny thought, nevertheless.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

Gate lice.

You have an assigned seat, right? In boarding zone 5? GO SIT DOWN SOMEWHERE SO ZONE THREE CAN GET ON THE FREAKIN AIRPLANE
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

Anybody got a stream?

You mean through years of people asking practically every game, you haven't figured out which websites illegally stream sporting events?
Three Stars
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Three Stars »

No $;/$&; power since 7 last night.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Three Stars wrote:Buying lots of furniture for my new house? Good.

Well, you sometimes find a gorgeous bass on the web and get all excited only to find it will take the maker 12-15 months to make one for you. Like, Duh! Hire an apprentice or something.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

But what I don't like is how some women seem to have a problem anwering questions.

"When's dinner gonna be ready?"
"Well, the potatos are on the stove so not too long."

Like, give me the damn time in minutes so I knew what I can get done still. So you have to ask another question and soon it's a conversation. Instead of a simple "10 minutes".
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

My pet peeve.

People with no patience ;)

Like, "smoke a doobie" and chill out ok? :)
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

lol, got any?
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Jesse »

When you're in an office setting, you're talking with a friend at a rather low audible level, and someone just intrudes on your conversation as if they were involved from the get go.