TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: TV Shows

Post by relantel »

watched ep 2 of American Horror Story tonight. Not quite as "out there" as the pilot.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

I thought always sunny was good last night. The stuff with Dennis getting really creepy was hilarious
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

I have been watching Johnny Bravo this whole week. I love this show.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

For as ridiculous as the plot is (so many holes) I have to say I enjoy "A person of interest" and that it's reminiscent of old "Mission Impossible" episodes.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

I'm watching Twin Peaks again. I'm still in love with Donna. It's a crying shame that Lara Flynn Boyle did not age well at all. Botox is a terrible thing.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Physical_Graffiti »

Rylan wrote:I have been watching Johnny Bravo this whole week. I love this show.
I like the one where he babysits the Twilight Zone kid
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

Gaucho wrote:I'm watching Twin Peaks again. I'm still in love with Donna. It's a crying shame that Lara Flynn Boyle did not age well at all. Botox is a terrible thing.
Twin Peaks... Sherilyn Fenn... Mmmmmmmmm
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by AlexPKeaton »

Once Upon a Time was surprisingly awesome. I suggest you guys check out the pilot on ABC's website, the production values were through the roof, and the cast is legit.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Walking Dead last night was snooze city.
Spoiler:
Couldn't they have just shown Shane and that fat dude's experience all night? Instead we spent 45 minutes with Rick crying all over himself.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Froggy wrote:
Gaucho wrote:I'm watching Twin Peaks again. I'm still in love with Donna. It's a crying shame that Lara Flynn Boyle did not age well at all. Botox is a terrible thing.
Twin Peaks... Sherilyn Fenn... Mmmmmmmmm
I had a GF, who could tie up a cherry stem with her tongue.

/csb
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by AlexPKeaton »

Malkamaniac wrote:Walking Dead last night was snooze city.
Spoiler:
Couldn't they have just shown Shane and that fat dude's experience all night? Instead we spent 45 minutes with Rick crying all over himself.
I watched maybe 10 minutes of the pilot and I think I'm just going to cancel my DVR recording of it and be done with that show.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Homeland continues to build. The pacing of the show seems perfect.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by AlexPKeaton »

Yeah Homeland is great. Easily the show I look forward to every week more than any other. Showtime has another BA hit on its hands. HBO needs to catch up and get something else in the fall.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

AlexPKeaton wrote:Once Upon a Time was surprisingly awesome. I suggest you guys check out the pilot on ABC's website, the production values were through the roof, and the cast is legit.
I thought it was pretty good, it started out pretty cheesy but picked up. It reminds me a lot of the Grimm Fairy Tale Detective books, just nowhere near as good. I'll keep watching, but it could still go either way.
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Loaf31 »

Hate to admit it but Walking Dead was pretty bad last night.....

Just watched the Man Up pilot..... not bad, not great, will give it another shot this week
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

shmenguin wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:
canaan wrote:besides sha'dynasty, it was pretty terrible.

Yeah...i fear the show is running it's course. Dennis and Dee can only be complimentary to any story line right now, and the stories don't seem that great. The kiddie pageant, also funny in theory, executed pretty poorly.
disagree. this season has been great. just one turd episode

So you thought the kiddie diddlers was a good one?

I need to see the jersey shore episode, that did look great.

The storm episode was good, dennis flipping out on those two girls was perfect.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

I just read the first 3 volumes of the walking dead, and while last night's episode might be slow, it's sets up some serious WTF moments coming up
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

eddysnake wrote:
AlexPKeaton wrote:Once Upon a Time was surprisingly awesome. I suggest you guys check out the pilot on ABC's website, the production values were through the roof, and the cast is legit.
I thought it was pretty good, it started out pretty cheesy but picked up. It reminds me a lot of the Grimm Fairy Tale Detective books, just nowhere near as good. I'll keep watching, but it could still go either way.
I agree. Thought some special effects were cheesy and once it all started coming together it was pretty good. I'll continue to check it out for at least a few weeks.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Froggy wrote:I just read the first 3 volumes of the walking dead, and while last night's episode might be slow, it's sets up some serious WTF moments coming up
Spoiler:
From the preview, you could see that they are in for some *serious* danger at the school next week. I'm expecting a better episode.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by JeffDFD »

You have to build story somehow. I enjoyed Walking Dead thoroughly. The whole point of Zombie/outbreak movies is really to see how the environment impacts the people and how they develop as a result. If you just want to see massive amounts of killing, go watch The Expendables or something...haha. Although there should be plenty of killing coming up.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

JeffDFD wrote:You have to build story somehow. I enjoyed Walking Dead thoroughly. The whole point of Zombie/outbreak movies is really to see how the environment impacts the people and how they develop as a result. If you just want to see massive amounts of killing, go watch The Expendables or something...haha. Although there should be plenty of killing coming up.
I agree, but the acting is so bad when they are developing the characters. :pop:
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Loaf31 »

I really want to read the Walking Dead books
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Troy Loney wrote: So you thought the kiddie diddlers was a good one?

yup. quality episode
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

shmenguin wrote:
Troy Loney wrote: So you thought the kiddie diddlers was a good one?

yup. quality episode
The newest episode wasn't doing too much for me until
Spoiler:
Dennis not using the D.E.N.N.I.S. system on the reporter and being unable to talk to her was LOL funny and then when the homeless guy crashed through the story and Frank screamed, "LOOT!!!!" I LOL'd for real. Charlie running around with the hatchet and Dee with the bat was insanely funny. I will agree that this season hasn't been great but it has had it's moments.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

columbia wrote:
JeffDFD wrote:You have to build story somehow. I enjoyed Walking Dead thoroughly. The whole point of Zombie/outbreak movies is really to see how the environment impacts the people and how they develop as a result. If you just want to see massive amounts of killing, go watch The Expendables or something...haha. Although there should be plenty of killing coming up.
I agree, but the acting is so bad when they are developing the characters. :pop:
I don't want to see copious amounts of violence, but what I do want to see is a little more character progression. Last night was 45 minutes of Rick crying about Carl.

I understand that he has a plight and he wants to save all these people, but let's build the story up of everyone else. It feels like a slow development and then something dramatic happens in the last five minutes they'll use to carry on for five minutes into show number 3.

I also understand that while the zombies aren't the driving point, they can be used as characters themselves. Show them learning, and adapting to their environments and struggles(food is getting scarce, sitting in the church, walking as a herd). It's obvious that they're learning.
Spoiler:
Especially considering that the people on the farm are housing their family members all zombified in the barn. They could do a little more speed up the show.