*** Experiment #3 Game Thread ***

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Re: *** Experiment #3 Game Thread ***

Post by ExPatriatePen »

relantel wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:I never even made a single comment until long after the bandwagon had started on me. So anyone who says they "knew" I was red is blowing smoke.
perhaps. But the way slappy died the next night when he had been 2nd number of votes seemed to suggest the vote had struck blood, and indeed it had. But at the time of your vote, no.
Rel... I don't get this logic... I was the only red the first night. Then PFiDC got the role so it changed the second night. How did Slappy having the second highest votes the first night, and dying the second night suggest that I had been RED? (I'm not saying it didn't, it's just that I'm missing the way the dots connect I guess)
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

ExPatriatePen wrote:The larger point being it was complete "shot in the dark" in which you luckily hit your target. Not a result of any particular skill.

LOL
IrishEyes wrote: No, you didn't. You had a hunch that I was red because I turned down the Sheriff nomination. You got lucky. I wish I had been a blue. Then you'd have been completely befuddled.

LOL. You sound a lot like IE from last game.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

thehockeyguru wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:The larger point being it was complete "shot in the dark" in which you luckily hit your target. Not a result of any particular skill.

LOL
IrishEyes wrote: No, you didn't. You had a hunch that I was red because I turned down the Sheriff nomination. You got lucky. I wish I had been a blue. Then you'd have been completely befuddled.

So dispute it. Explain to us what it was that I said that caused you to cast your vote. We're listening.

(BtW, IE was right.)

Your Bravado is annoying.
Last edited by ExPatriatePen on Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

newarenanow wrote:I originally voted for canaan on my first vote, but switched to EPP after he jumped out and started implicating me to save his butt. To me, I thought he was trying to cast the focus off of him and shift it to someone else, which seemed fishy as people that are blue typically just try to get the blame off of themselves w/o implicating anyone else.

So that is my voting history.
This is the only reason I voted for you that first day. It seemed like once the heat got on you, you really focused on getting the heat on me.

Outside of that, you are correct, at the beginning, it is only a shot in the dark.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

ExPatriatePen wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:

LOL

So dispute it. Explain to us what it was that I said that caused you to cast your vote. We're listening.

(BtW, IE was right.)

its like people that brag about winning on scratch off tickets.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by ExPatriatePen »

newarenanow wrote:
newarenanow wrote:I originally voted for canaan on my first vote, but switched to EPP after he jumped out and started implicating me to save his butt. To me, I thought he was trying to cast the focus off of him and shift it to someone else, which seemed fishy as people that are blue typically just try to get the blame off of themselves w/o implicating anyone else.

So that is my voting history.
This is the only reason I voted for you that first day. It seemed like once the heat got on you, you really focused on getting the heat on me.

Outside of that, you are correct, at the beginning, it is only a shot in the dark.
NAN, *this* logic I have NO problem with. And in fact that's *exactly* what I did. I looked at the vote count, found someone with a vote against them already (you), saw Canaan's post about wondering "who voted for NAN" and jumped on it hoping to get a bandwagon started. Redwill can confirm this as I sent him a PM telling him *exactly* what I was doing.

However, I would probably have done this whether I was RED or BLUE because either way I'd have wanted to stay alive past day one.

But I have ZERO problems with your logic and understand the thinking. It's THG's bravado that he knew I was RED in the split second between the PM and the start of the game, before anyone even posted, that I dispute.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

ExPatriatePen wrote: It's THG's bravado that he knew I was RED in the split second between the PM and the start of the game, before anyone even posted, that I dispute.
You'll figure out after a few games that THG is FOS.

Don't even try to argue with him.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

ExPatriatePen wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:

LOL

(BtW, IE was right.)

I told her the same thing, because obviously you are new to the game and could use some help. You don't need to say anything. After Night 1 there were 8 people besides myself, I was able to eliminate those people because of their comments allowing me to take an educated guess on who is Red. I don't necessarily need you to incriminate yourself. I just need others to converse so I can either add them to the suscipion list or clear them. Is it full proof, no. But its hard to argue the results given my accuracy over the games I've played in.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by ExPatriatePen »

newarenanow wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote: It's THG's bravado that he knew I was RED in the split second between the PM and the start of the game, before anyone even posted, that I dispute.
You'll figure out after a few games that THG is FOS.

Don't even try to argue with him.
LOL... I have to admit, THG does run a good game though.. (I'll give credit where credit is due)

BtW, there was one thing in this game that I thought would cast suspicion on me, and I PM'd Redwill about it as well, but no one has mentioned it yet.

Thoughts?
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by ExPatriatePen »

thehockeyguru wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:

LOL

(BtW, IE was right.)

I told her the same thing, because obviously you are new to the game and could use some help. You don't need to say anything. After Night 1 there were 8 people besides myself, I was able to eliminate those people because of their comments allowing me to take an educated guess on who is Red. I don't necessarily need you to incriminate yourself. I just need others to converse so I can either add them to the suscipion list or clear them. Is it full proof, no. But its hard to argue the results given my accuracy over the games I've played in.
I'd love for Redwill to look at the date/time stamp on your vote against me and let us know when it was so that we can match it up against the posts in the thread to that point. I'm willing to bet it was before the fifth or sixth post in the thread. (It had to be because the sixth post was you declaring your vote)
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

ExPatriatePen wrote:I'd love for Redwill to look at the date/time stamp on your vote against me and let us know when it was so that we can match it up against the posts in the thread to that point. I'm willing to bet it was before the fifth or sixth post in the thread. (It had to be because the sixth post was you declaring your vote)

143PM I had my vote in. When I saw that Shaf died, I narrowed it to a small group of noobs who would actually be threatened by shaf being in the game. (No offense to Shaf)
Last edited by thehockeyguru on Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Only SDD posted, asking if redwill was ok before thg came in and cast his vote.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by ExPatriatePen »

thehockeyguru wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:I'd love for Redwill to look at the date/time stamp on your vote against me and let us know when it was so that we can match it up against the posts in the thread to that point. I'm willing to bet it was before the fifth or sixth post in the thread. (It had to be because the sixth post was you declaring your vote)

143PM I had my vote in. When I saw that Shaf died, I narrowed it to a small group of noobs who would actually be threatened by shaf being in the game. (No offense to Shaf)
My vote on Shad was a result of our friend random.org

I put all of the names in except NAN.

The reason NAN's name was kept out is that I (falsely) expected him to be non-player again and therefore not a threat.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

You're right. I don't know what I'm doing. The fact that I was the first person to pick up on IE and Ulf last game and PFinDC this game was all blind luck.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

I wonder if SDD used random.org when he viewed you night 1.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by ExPatriatePen »

thehockeyguru wrote:You're right. I don't know what I'm doing. The fact that I was the first person to pick up on IE and Ulf last game and PFinDC this game was all blind luck.
You'll note that no one has disputed your ability to find ulf last game, and in fact, I think you've been given kudo's for it.

But your insistence that the IE discover (based on what was proven to be inaccurate - if successful - logic), and your insistence that you used skill to determine I was RED in this game, is an insult to the collective intelligence of your fellow players.

Having said that, I'm perfectly willing to give you credit where credit is due. You did a great job finding ulf and you ran a fantastic game here recently, but cut the rest of us a break and chill on the "Mohammad Ali" theatrics.
thehockeyguru wrote:I wonder if SDD used random.org when he viewed you night 1.
And that has what to do with the "price of tea in China"?
Last edited by ExPatriatePen on Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Pablo Neruda was a great poet. If nothing else comes out of this adventure, I'm happy.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

I wonder what the odds are on me being right on IE and yourself on Day 1 in the last 2 games?

I might have to go get some of those scratch lottery tickets cannan mentioned.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

thehockeyguru wrote:I wonder what the odds are on me being right on IE and yourself on Day 1 in the last 2 games?
C'mon, man. You got lucky. Give it up.

You investigated IE last game on grounds that were completely groundless. You got lucky.

You voted EPP this game because you were pissed that he pushed for canaan last game. You got lucky.

You're a great player. No doubt about that. But don't go growing your own legend on a foundation of sand.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by ExPatriatePen »

thehockeyguru wrote:I wonder what the odds are on me being right on IE and yourself on Day 1 in the last 2 games?

I might have to go get some of those scratch lottery tickets cannan mentioned.
I'd take you to Vegas AND rub your head at the Blackjack table. :)

By the way, Redwill just hinted at what I thought my downfall would have been in this game.

(before I forget, Kudos to Redwill for being an outstanding game mod. He was on top of things the whole way!)

golf clap.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Ha. Good game all.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by ExPatriatePen »

thehockeyguru wrote:Ha. Good game all.
+1
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

What powers did the reds have? I'm guessing PDiFC killed me because I drew attention to him for not explaining how he voted.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

Also how did the vote on Canaan go down at the end?
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:What powers did the reds have? I'm guessing PDiFC killed me because I drew attention to him for not explaining how he voted.
Reds could only kill. I don't know why PFIDC targeted you. He just did.