AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: *** Experiment #3 Game Thread ***

Post by redwill »

Congratulations to JToR for 1000 pages!

The game is done.

PFIDC was the last baddie.

Village wins!

I'll have what little details you don't know in a little while!
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

I still dont see what makes me a baddie :pop:
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

PensFanInDC wrote:I still dont see what makes me a baddie :pop:
A dead Baddie... please visit the post game "Dead Thread" :)
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Yay. I guess I was impatient and right.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

really was kraft not voting for thg which made me switch my vote.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Thanks to all for playing in my Experiment #3. Thanks especially to Kraftster who got some discussion going where there seemed to be only empty spaces.

EPP was the first baddie. He had a recruit which he didn't have time to use. He was replaced by PFIDC, the second baddie.

I wanted to separate the baddies so that they couldn't communicate. But I didn't want them to kill each other. So I staggered the baddies: If EPP died without making his recruit, a blue would be randomly selected to replace him. That was PFIDC.

SDD was the seer. He investigated EPP on night one.
relantel was the angel.

I can go back and figger out who voted for whom on any night, if you like.

thg was again the key player, IMO. He went after EPP on Day 1 for no good reason, but he later pushed for PFIDC. How he got that I'll never know.

SDD voted for PFIDC right after PFIDC became the baddie. Again, weird.

If you have any specific questions, I'll answer them.

Thanks again for playing.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

I seered EPP, slappy, and nan before being killed. Never got to really use my abilities since slappy was killed the same night I seered him and I was killed the night I seered NAN. I seered EPP on a hunch. Luckily thg voted for him to and that created a bit of a run.

I voted for PDIFC before trying to get a tie to prevent canaan from being killed. PDIFC's explanation as to why he voted the way he did seemed suspicious to me but looking back it was probably the actual reason. I was also just making a vote to keep the vote total tied so no one would be voted off. That way I could seerer NAN that night since canaan claimed to be blue.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

What are the results of these experiments.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Experiment suggestion:

A variation on this theme, where the voting/discussion is fully in the open but the role (if any) of the dead is never revealed...I suppose that would best work, if the reds weren't aware of each other
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

I thought you were the seer SDD. Other than that I wasn't on the right track very much aside from thinking that EPP might have been red. Don't know that the village could have really won any sooner, though, unless from a lucky kill.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

redwill wrote: thg was again the key player, IMO. He went after EPP on Day 1 for no good reason, but he later pushed for PFIDC. How he got that I'll never know.

Why am I so good?
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

thehockeyguru wrote:
redwill wrote: thg was again the key player, IMO. He went after EPP on Day 1 for no good reason, but he later pushed for PFIDC. How he got that I'll never know.

Why am I so good?
I'm more interested in the source of your modesty.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

FWIW, redwill had it constructed that two left (me and a red) would not be a draw but would go to the baddies. This was why that day vote was the game, either way.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

columbia wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:

Why am I so good?
I'm more interested in the source of your modesty.
Modesty is for those who stumble upon victory, not those who perfect it.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

newarenanow wrote:What are the results of these experiments.
-. .- -. / ... ..- -.-. -.- ...
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

I never even made a single comment until long after the bandwagon had started on me. So anyone who says they "knew" I was red is blowing smoke.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

redwill wrote:
newarenanow wrote:What are the results of these experiments.
-. .- -. / ... ..- -.-. -.- ...
hey, there's a thread with that title...
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

ExPatriatePen wrote:I never even made a single comment until long after the bandwagon had started on me. So anyone who says they "knew" I was red is blowing smoke.
perhaps. But the way slappy died the next night when he had been 2nd number of votes seemed to suggest the vote had struck blood, and indeed it had. But at the time of your vote, no.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

ExPatriatePen wrote:I never even made a single comment until long after the bandwagon had started on me. So anyone who says they "knew" I was red is blowing smoke.
"Apathy is the glove into which evil slips its hand."
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by ExPatriatePen »

relantel wrote:
perhaps. But the way slappy died the next night when he had been 2nd number of votes seemed to suggest the vote had struck blood, and indeed it had. But at the time of your vote, no.
Not disputing that... I just think the hubris, from certain posters, is a "bit over the top". THG had an axe to grind with me and admitted the only reason he went after me was because he didn't like the way I had played the prior game. SDD got lucky seeing me that night which sealed my fate.

Had NAN or you Rel been the original "baddie" there's a good chance the game would have turned out significantly different.

In fact, when Redwill sent me my PM, I actually sent him a note of apologies about how the game was going to play out. I actually thought about declining the role (in the best interest of the game) but I don't know how Redwill would have handled that.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by ExPatriatePen »

thehockeyguru wrote:
Which would have implicated NAN every bit as much as it did me.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

ExPatriatePen wrote:
relantel wrote:
Not disputing that... I just think the hubris, from certain posters, is a "bit over the top". THG had an axe to grind with me and admitted the only reason he went after me was because he didn't like the way I had played the prior game. SDD got lucky seeing me that night which sealed my fate.

Had NAN or you Rel been the original "baddie" there's a good chance the game would have turned out significantly different.

In fact, when Redwill sent me my PM, I actually sent him a note of apologies about how the game was going to play out. I actually thought about declining the role (in the best interest of the game) but I don't know how Redwill would have handled that.
EPP, that's the breaks. But I suspect had I been the red, after being red when thg was most recently seer two games ago, I suspect I would have been in his crosshairs too.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

ExPatriatePen wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:
Which would have implicated NAN every bit as much as it did me.

Yeah, Canaan led that charge and almost succeeded. Someone I believe it was Krafster mentioned about your defence. It didn't help your cause at all and further made you a target. I had no problem with how you played last game, but I knew brining it up would definitely help my cause which was to get rid of you.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

In a game this small it makes it a lot easier to find Red's. Less players to have to eliminate as possibilities.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by ExPatriatePen »

The larger point being it was complete "shot in the dark" in which you luckily hit your target. Not a result of any particular skill.