TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: TV Shows

Post by AlexPKeaton »

Yeah Walking Dead was not very good after the first 2 episodes. Too much ridiculous drama. The world is ending and they are spending time talking about the husband hitting his wife and the wife cheating on the main dude. Leave those cliches back on Dr. Phil where you found them.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

AlexPKeaton wrote:Yeah Walking Dead was not very good after the first 2 episodes. Too much ridiculous drama. The world is ending and they are spending time talking about the husband hitting his wife and the wife cheating on the main dude. Leave those cliches back on Dr. Phil where you found them.
Agreed. They could've dragged out the search for his family a little while longer. Make the man on the mission trek more powerful. When he was reunited it felt too soon, almost too easy. He goes from a wreck to a zombie killing BA within like 2 days.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Just watched Breaking Bad. One episode left in the season. So good.
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Point Breeze Penguins »

Anyone else watch House?
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

MWB wrote:Just watched Breaking Bad. One episode left in the season. So good.
I'm up to first episode of Season 3 (watched it tonight). I'm blown away by this show. I really hope I get caught up in time to watch season 4 will its still on demand.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

watched the new season of Thundercats on cartoon network, it wasn't too bad. This led to the 1st season of old school thundercats on netflix. This led to sword of omens toy sword at house.
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Loaf31 »

Anyone catch American Horror Story? I dvr'd it but was wondering if it was any good
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Loaf31 wrote:Anyone catch American Horror Story? I dvr'd it but was wondering if it was any good
CRAP! I forgot it was on. Im sure they will re-air it this week.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

Oh, man...Netflix has the Rat Patrol streaming. My brother and I used to watch reruns of that on Saturday mornings.
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by pittsoccer33 »

eddysnake wrote:watched the new season of Thundercats on cartoon network, it wasn't too bad. This led to the 1st season of old school thundercats on netflix. This led to sword of omens toy sword at house.
thanks for letting me know thats on netflix. the ones I remember pretty well are the 5 part movie where the three new thundercats join them, and the one where all of their equipment is failing and the headquarters is attacked.

is silverhawks on there too? that was my favorite.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

pittsoccer33 wrote:
eddysnake wrote:watched the new season of Thundercats on cartoon network, it wasn't too bad. This led to the 1st season of old school thundercats on netflix. This led to sword of omens toy sword at house.
thanks for letting me know thats on netflix. the ones I remember pretty well are the 5 part movie where the three new thundercats join them, and the one where all of their equipment is failing and the headquarters is attacked.

is silverhawks on there too? that was my favorite.
I actually don't think thundercats is streaming, i've been getting the dvds, but I'm almost certain that Silverhawks is streaming
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Point Breeze Penguins »

Person of Interest and Prime Suspect are both phenomenal.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

watched the first episode of the new penguins season last night. I think I like it better when it's in the old 7:30 time slot. Overall it was pretty solid, I realize it's just the first episode so things are going to take a little while to get set up, but I like where it's going. I'm 100% certain that I will continue to watch and see how it plays out, I wouldn't be surprised to see it become the best show on tv this year. Anyone else see it last night?
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

:lol: :thumb:
eddysnake wrote:watched the first episode of the new penguins season last night. I think I like it better when it's in the old 7:30 time slot. Overall it was pretty solid, I realize it's just the first episode so things are going to take a little while to get set up, but I like where it's going. I'm 100% certain that I will continue to watch and see how it plays out, I wouldn't be surprised to see it become the best show on tv this year. Anyone else see it last night?
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

eddysnake wrote:watched the first episode of the new penguins season last night. I think I like it better when it's in the old 7:30 time slot. Overall it was pretty solid, I realize it's just the first episode so things are going to take a little while to get set up, but I like where it's going. I'm 100% certain that I will continue to watch and see how it plays out, I wouldn't be surprised to see it become the best show on tv this year. Anyone else see it last night?
:fist:
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Physical_Graffiti »

7:30 game starts are irritating. Start 'em at 7.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

Yeah, eddysnake ftw.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Yes, the Season Premier was very good last night. Crazy to think about how close that show was to being cancelled a few years back. I just don't like that voice over guy. They should get Bob Saget to narrorate like on How I Met Your Mother.

Nice segway into why I actually come to this thread. Lying around today I watched 3 episodes of HIMYM for the first time today, mainly because Sarah Chalke was in them. I know its a small sample, but this show isnt funny at all. Do they always use a laugh track? I think that might have been the problem too. Even jokes that I probably would have found funny I found really stupid because of the quiet laugh track in the background. And theres somethin weird about Neil Patrick Harris' acting job that i think takes away from the jokes. Seemsl ike he's 'over acting" at times.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

I enjoyed the South Park premier.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

"Whitney" is really dumb.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

ExPatriatePen wrote:"Whitney" is really dumb.
I havent watched it but just from the commercials I can tell it would be. When I see and hear the guy that plays her boyfriend, it dont exactly think "laugh riot"
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

Playboy Club canceled: http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/10/04/playb ... cancelled/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Whitney picked up for entire season. :face:
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

breaking bad...the very end... :shock:
stopper40
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by stopper40 »

Loaf31 wrote:Anyone catch American Horror Story? I dvr'd it but was wondering if it was any good

Wasn't bad. I enjoyed it enough that I'll watch to see where it goes. I'm afraid it'll just become nip/tuck with ghosts though.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Person of Interest - watched the first two eps Sat night. :thumb: :thumb: