TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Re: TV Shows

Post by ExPatriatePen »

Physical_Graffiti wrote:
knives of ice wrote:aside from the occasional reality show and of course sports, there really is not one show worth watching on network television. when there are shows like breaking bad, mad men, boardwalk empire, dexter, etc nothing on network television is worth the time.
Two and a Half Men was good until this year :lol:
I was just commenting to a friend about last nights show.

It sucked.

The writers really don't know what to do with AK's character. It's a lousy Substitue for Charlie.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Physical_Graffiti »

ExPatriatePen wrote:
Physical_Graffiti wrote:
knives of ice wrote:aside from the occasional reality show and of course sports, there really is not one show worth watching on network television. when there are shows like breaking bad, mad men, boardwalk empire, dexter, etc nothing on network television is worth the time.
Two and a Half Men was good until this year :lol:
I was just commenting to a friend about last nights show.

It sucked.

The writers really don't know what to do with AK's character. It's a lousy Substitue for Charlie.
:lol: Completely agreed. I've only seen the first episode, while my parents have seen the first two: They said the second was just as bad as the first.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Up to about episode 18 on Breaking Bad. So, so good.

Also, re the bad acting save for MCH on Dexter. I just tell myself that its by design to further underscore the disconnect between Dexter and everyone else. I think it could be, right? I'm going to just keep thinking that.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

Looks like Showtime and Michael C. Hall are far apart on salary: http://www.imdb.com/news/ni16238870/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

Anyone see that new show about the red head and the Cuban band leader?

Their best friends are their landlords... Hilarious!
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

Perfect Strangers
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Pan Am is pretty good.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Gaucho wrote:Pan Am is pretty good.
Agreed so far. G/f and I just watched the first episode last night as we had the first two DVR'd. It has caught my attention enough to keep me watching.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Watched the first 4 episodes of Married With Children tonight. So good.

Also right now, Top Shot.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

Watching season 1 of The Walking Dead, its getting me stoked about the upcoming season.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Pavel Bure wrote:
Gaucho wrote:Pan Am is pretty good.
Agreed so far. G/f and I just watched the first episode last night as we had the first two DVR'd. It has caught my attention enough to keep me watching.
the show does a good (read: a butt ton better than playboy club) of capturing the period in which it is taking place
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Who watched this season of Weeds? I thought it was the best season in a while, but I hate how much Nancy has become a caricature of herself.

I had a really hard time getting into The Big C this year. My wife watched it, and I found myself screwing around on the computer during most episodes.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

Weeds really took a drop in quality after they kind of abandoned the format after season 3. Didn't even watch it this year.

I watched the first few episodes of the big c, and absolutely hated it. I thought it was waaaay overacted, and used a cheap tactic of a terminal illness to garner sympathy for an awful awful person.

I think I may have said this before, but it seems that all of showtime's original series', well the comedies anyway, are all about irresponsible middle aged people acting like children and making really bad life decisions.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

Interestingly, Playboy Club is the first victim of cancellation.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by AlexPKeaton »

Rylan wrote:Watching season 1 of The Walking Dead, its getting me stoked about the upcoming season.
It drops off huge after the first couple of episodes. Hopefully they come back this season much much better. I don't know how you can screw up a show about zombies.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by AlexPKeaton »

So I am really mad that Kristin Cavelleri got booted from DWTS. She was so HOT, and legitimately in the top 3 of dancing ability. And yet that no-name drunk clutz ex-husband of Courtney Cox is still on there. Also Chaz Bono who Bruno called an ewok (but I expect that the alternative lifestyle sympathizers are stuffing the ballot box for him). It is a shame too because the other gay guy is way more fun and his instructor is super hot, but I'm sure the ballot stuffing is going for Chaz.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

up all night frustrates me to no end. another episode with the stuff with will arnett and christina applegate being really, really good. and the stuff with maya rudolph being a big heap of turd.

it really seems like they have 2 writing staffs. one group of funny people, and another group specializing in broad comedy for numbskulls.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

blackjack68 wrote:Interestingly, Playboy Club is the first victim of cancellation.
NBC has to be kicking themselves for that one. They dumped a ton of money into promoting that show, and it only made it 3 episodes.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

blackjack68 wrote:Interestingly, Playboy Club is the first victim of cancellation.
That looked to be a pretty terrible show.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

When I tape castle it usually picks up the last minute of dancing with the stars. Beside golden boy ricky schroeder, I honestly can't tell who is supposed to be the star and who is the dancer
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

AlexPKeaton wrote:
Rylan wrote:Watching season 1 of The Walking Dead, its getting me stoked about the upcoming season.
It drops off huge after the first couple of episodes. Hopefully they come back this season much much better. I don't know how you can screw up a show about zombies.
I don't agree about the dropoff last season, but there might be a significant dropoff this season. AMC cut their budget per episode by $250K, and more importantly, took creator and show runner Frank Darabonte off the show (in the middle of editing an episode). Why, do you ask? Because of the Mad Men contract - AMC needed the money to keep Mad Men on the air another two seasons. Breaking Bad also lost some of their budget too.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:
AlexPKeaton wrote:
I don't agree about the dropoff last season, but there might be a significant dropoff this season. AMC cut their budget per episode by $250K, and more importantly, took creator and show runner Frank Darabonte off the show (in the middle of editing an episode). Why, do you ask? Because of the Mad Men contract - AMC needed the money to keep Mad Men on the air another two seasons. Breaking Bad also lost some of their budget too.
Ugh.

Based on zombies, did anyone see that they are making the book World War Z into a movie? I'm stoked for it.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

DWTS, JR appears to be the Hines of the season.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

i know they were sticking with the comic book or whatever, but they were in the woods too long in season 1 of walking dead. it got stale - which is surprising for a 6 episode show.

i still liked it, but the first episode and the last episode were ridiculously better than the rest of the season.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

shmenguin wrote:i know they were sticking with the comic book or whatever, but they were in the woods too long in season 1 of walking dead. it got stale - which is surprising for a 6 episode show.

i still liked it, but the first episode and the last episode were ridiculously better than the rest of the season.
I like slower moving shows. Take the time to develop the story. That being said, I agree that it was somewhat too slow with the characters not really developing much.