TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: TV Shows

Post by Kraftster »

Anyone else watch the first episode of Homeland last night (Showtime, after Dexter)?

I still haven't seen the Boardwalk premiere so I just watched this last night. I really enjoyed it. Pretty excited for this show, actually.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by AlexPKeaton »

Kraftster wrote:Anyone else watch the first episode of Homeland last night (Showtime, after Dexter)?

I still haven't seen the Boardwalk premiere so I just watched this last night. I really enjoyed it. Pretty excited for this show, actually.

Best new show of the year!!!

Col Winters from Band of Brothers, Claire Danes, and the hottie from Firefly and V. Claire Danes' character is extremely well written and being that she is a real actress she pulls it off great. The acting is off the charts in this show.

I'm definitely glad I cancelled HBO and stuck with the cheaper (and now better) Showtime. HBO needs to step up its game.

Right now I have:

Showtime:
Dexter
Homeland
Borgias
Californiacation

vs

HBO:
Game of Thrones
Treme
True Blood

Boardwalk empire is too boring for me so it is not on my HBO list. But it looks like HBO is now only a half year subscription.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

boardwalk empire is too boring but you watch treme?
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

columbia wrote:Drinking a beer and watching "Prohibition".
how was the 1st part? I taped it, plan to catch up tonight
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

eddysnake wrote:
i loved it.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by AlexPKeaton »

canaan wrote:boardwalk empire is too boring but you watch treme?
Treme has the music. Boredwalk is just another gangster show.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

canaan wrote:
eddysnake wrote:
i loved it.
watched sundays episode, I too liked it. Looking forward to the next part, how did you likey? George Harrison Documentary this week on HBO as well.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

i havent watched the 2nd part yet as i was playing nhl online. pew pew pew
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

canaan wrote:i havent watched the 2nd part yet as i was playing nhl online. pew pew pew
do you think you could quit slacking and possibly call of work and go home and watch it and tell me if it's worth watching? Thanks in advance!
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

dexter

same as always. crappy writing and acting, but solid performance by the michael c hall. at least the villain element looks pretty good/disturbing this year.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

eddysnake wrote:
canaan wrote:i havent watched the 2nd part yet as i was playing nhl online. pew pew pew
do you think you could quit slacking and possibly call of work and go home and watch it and tell me if it's worth watching? Thanks in advance!
hellz yeah :fist:
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

shmenguin wrote:dexter

same as always. crappy writing and acting, but solid performance by the michael c hall. at least the villain element looks pretty good/disturbing this year.
Yeah, the acting wasn't the greatest outside of MCH. I agree that the villain element looks good/disturbing. Overall, I was happy with the first episode.

Spoiler:
2 weird vibes that I felt...

1. The interaction between Angel and his sister seemed a bit off. Maybe it was bad acting, but it sure seemed like Angel was a little too overprotective of her, if you get my drift.

2. I know that Dexter saved Quinn's butt last year, but I swear that I saw Quinn giving Dexter a really suspicious look on a few occasions. More specifically, at the fruit stand scene.

Oh, and the chick from high school that Dexter had a certain interaction with - HAWT
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

I didn't watch Dexter, but heard the girl from USA High and She Spies had an interesting scene in the premier. Was she just doing a one-off, or is she a reoccurring character?
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

Froggy wrote:I didn't watch Dexter, but heard the girl from USA High and She Spies had an interesting scene in the premier. Was she just doing a one-off, or is she a reoccurring character?
Probably just doing a one-off, but it was a great scene.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Froggy wrote:I didn't watch Dexter, but heard the girl from USA High and She Spies had an interesting scene in the premier. Was she just doing a one-off, or is she a reoccurring character?
definitely a one-off

i thought that's who it was while i was watching, and was very pleased when i imdb'd the episode later
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by AlexPKeaton »

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:
shmenguin wrote:dexter

Yeah, the acting wasn't the greatest outside of MCH. I agree that the villain element looks good/disturbing. Overall, I was happy with the first episode.

Spoiler:
2 weird vibes that I felt...

1. The interaction between Angel and his sister seemed a bit off. Maybe it was bad acting, but it sure seemed like Angel was a little too overprotective of her, if you get my drift.

2. I know that Dexter saved Quinn's butt last year, but I swear that I saw Quinn giving Dexter a really suspicious look on a few occasions. More specifically, at the fruit stand scene.

Oh, and the chick from high school that Dexter had a certain interaction with - HAWT

Me too. However I liked the acting coming from:

Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:
Probably just doing a one-off, but it was a great scene.
Ok. Well I guess I don't need to watch Dexter anymore then. Haha.

Off topic, I guess... But she-spies was an awesome show
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

AlexPKeaton wrote: Me too. However I liked the acting coming from:

yeah, it's always a good sign when the villains are bringing it. colin hanks playing a creep was a long time coming.

the second tier regulars will always be total crap. i can deal with that if they get lithgow-esque performances from the bad guys
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by pittsoccer33 »

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/24-Movie ... 27103.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not sure if this is for the movie or tv show thread, but it sounds like the 24 movie production is ramping up
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by AlexPKeaton »

shmenguin wrote: yeah, it's always a good sign when the villains are bringing it. colin hanks playing a creep was a long time coming.

the second tier regulars will always be total crap. i can deal with that if they get lithgow-esque performances from the bad guys
I knew I recognized that dude! Yeah he is a pretty good actor also.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

pittsoccer33 wrote:http://www.cinemablend.com/new/24-Movie ... 27103.html

Not sure if this is for the movie or tv show thread, but it sounds like the 24 movie production is ramping up
:thumb:
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

We watched 2 seasons of Dexter in the last 2 weeks and the season 6 premier last night. I'll be in Dexter withdraw for the next few days.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

PensFanInDC wrote:We watched 2 seasons of Dexter in the last 2 weeks and the season 6 premier last night. I'll be in Dexter withdraw for the next few days.
That's really the best way to watch a series. I watched five seasons of Dexter over Christmas break last year (something I rarely do with my wife and kids still in school for the first week of vacation - HEAVENLY WOOO!), and it was really a great way to get into a series. The whole wait a week between episodes and six months between seasons isn't much fun. :lol:

I plan on doing that with Breaking Bad this year, barring an illness/emergency that eats my vacation time up before then. :pop:

I enjoyed the Dexter episode, but I've always thought the show could easily fall apart with the performances of the other regulars. David Zayas played the bad general in the horrendous Expendables movie. I laughed every time his character was on screen for Dexter.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

SVU must be on its last season.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Physical_Graffiti »

knives of ice wrote:aside from the occasional reality show and of course sports, there really is not one show worth watching on network television. when there are shows like breaking bad, mad men, boardwalk empire, dexter, etc nothing on network television is worth the time.
Two and a Half Men was good until this year :lol: