Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by JS© »

IrishEyes wrote:Is it really so difficult to type real words and have your status make freakin' sense on Facebook? I hate all these, "there's no reason 4 it 2b this cold" updates. USE WORDS, PEOPLE!!!!!!

/rant
I hate to say it, but I am guilty of using FB in place of Facebook. On twitter, where there's a character limit and where I see it alot, I guess it's acceptable. But somehow it made it's way over to Facebook with me.

================

I'll do one better.

The people who insist on updating their facebook everyday with updates like "some people need to stop talking ish, and you know who I'm talking about."

Umm, no. No we don't. Either step up, show some manhood (or whatever the womanly equivalent is), and drop names. Don't hide behind a veiled comment about how "somebody" made you angry.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

JS© wrote:I'll do one better.

The people who insist on updating their facebook everyday with updates like "some people need to stop talking ish, and you know who I'm talking about."

Umm, no. No we don't. Either step up, show some manhood (or whatever the womanly equivalent is), and drop names. Don't hide behind a veiled comment about how "somebody" made you angry.
My youngest sister does this all the time... drives me nuts.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Physical_Graffiti »

It's so you can't get blamed when the person gets jumped.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

Here is a totally irrational one....

Anytime someone has a birthday in my office, the office purchases a cookie cake that is left out in the kitchen for everyone. I love cookie cake, but I can never really enjoy it unless I have a glass of milk to go with it. I wish the secretary that brought in the cookie cake would buy milk as well, or let me know when she is bringing it in so that I can do it. Cookie cake does not go well with Pepsi. /rant
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

There is a Salvation Army box up the street from my house that says specifically "CLOTHING DONATIONS ONLY. DO NOT PLACE ITEMS OUTSIDE BOX. VIOLATORS WILL BE PROSECUTED." There is always a sofa or some ish outside the box. This annoys the crap out of me and makes me want to take the junk back to whoever placed it there and set it on fire in their front yard, West Virginny style.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:Here is a totally irrational one....

Anytime someone has a birthday in my office, the office purchases a cookie cake that is left out in the kitchen for everyone. I love cookie cake, but I can never really enjoy it unless I have a glass of milk to go with it. I wish the secretary that brought in the cookie cake would buy milk as well, or let me know when she is bringing it in so that I can do it. Cookie cake does not go well with Pepsi. /rant
:lol: I love it :fist:
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Kaizer »

JS© wrote:
IrishEyes wrote:Is it really so difficult to type real words and have your status make freakin' sense on Facebook? I hate all these, "there's no reason 4 it 2b this cold" updates. USE WORDS, PEOPLE!!!!!!

/rant
I hate to say it, but I am guilty of using FB in place of Facebook. On twitter, where there's a character limit and where I see it alot, I guess it's acceptable. But somehow it made it's way over to Facebook with me.

================

I'll do one better.

Spoiler:
not exactly the same, but just as annoying
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

the wicked child wrote:
JS© wrote:I'll do one better.

My youngest sister does this all the time... drives me nuts.
You probably don't want to know. It's usually whatever loser guy she's talking to at the moment.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Rolling luggage for office workers...
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Admin wrote:Rolling luggage for office workers...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

The people that walk into the office building like they are walking into an international airport. IF I HAVE MORE STUFF, I'LL APPEAR MORE IMPORTANT AND SUCH.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

I'll have to bring my luggage to the office sometimes when I'm traveling as I am either leaving for home from the office or I am arriving to the office right after traveling.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:I'll have to bring my luggage to the office sometimes when I'm traveling as I am either leaving for home from the office or I am arriving to the office right after traveling.
Well yeah, that's something totally different. Some people pack a carryon for work every day
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

Kaizer wrote:
Spoiler:
That totally looks like this girl I know on Facebook. It makes me laugh because she decided one day to attack me on there about something I had no involvement in.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

IrishEyes wrote:
Kaizer wrote:
Spoiler:
That totally looks like this girl I know on Facebook. It makes me laugh because she decided one day to attack me on there about something I "had no involvement in" :P .
:pop:
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

It really bugs me when the handrail for an escalator is moving at a different speed than the steps. I like to lean on the handrail, and I hate being sloooowly pulled forwards or backwards.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Shyster wrote:It really bugs me when the handrail for an escalator is moving at a different speed than the steps. I like to lean on the handrail, and I hate being sloooowly pulled forwards or backwards.
lol I don't think I have ever been on an escalator that wasn't like this.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:I'll have to bring my luggage to the office sometimes when I'm traveling as I am either leaving for home from the office or I am arriving to the office right after traveling.
No problem as long as you somehow identify yourself as going to or coming from an airport. :thumb:
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Admin wrote:
No problem as long as you somehow identify yourself as going to or coming from an airport. :thumb:
You'll be able to tell by the green tinge to my skin after going through the new X-ray machines.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

This may be a rational one, but it annoys me when coworkers will carry on a long conversation near me by whispering the entire conversation.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:This may be a rational one, but it annoys me when coworkers will carry on a long conversation near me by whispering the entire conversation.
Definitely rational: Go talk somewhere else!
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

Most things about facebook annoy me, but especially posts about what people are eating / cooking

"Beef Stew for dinner! Hope is turns out OK!"

"Pumpkin Spice Coffee! Yum!"
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:Most things about facebook annoy me, but especially posts about what people are eating / cooking

lol, I have seen more obnoxious posts from women (and a gay dude I know) about frigging pumpkin spice lattes. NO ONE CARES
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:Most things about facebook annoy me, but especially posts about what people are eating / cooking

I don't mind that, as long as their screen name isn't some variation on a food combination.

No, wait. ;)
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

shafnutz05 wrote:

lol, I have seen more obnoxious posts from women (and a gay dude I know) about frigging pumpkin spice lattes. NO ONE CARES
I love pumpkin spice lattes. That don't make me gay does it?
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

Not being able to remember perfectly good irrational pet peeves to add to this thread hours after I think of them.