Monsters I: GAME THREAD

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Monsters I: GAME THREAD

Post by relantel »

maybe the Goblins got to senka once and for all. It was all I could do as a green sheriff to hold them off.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

newarenanow wrote:I'm a purple ISK. I'm going to shoot relantel tonight and be the first one to actually wipe everyone out.
I am so envious!
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

O hai! Between school dates the bar and more school I forgot :[ sorry. NAN had a 50/50 chance...
Spoiler:
goblins win
Congrats to those. I'll post game thread it and explain my game of monsters...
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Yay us.

Thanks, Senka.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

:face:
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

I really thought when Redwill passed on the badge and gun to relantel it was over.

Obvious play was obvious, to me. But then, I already knew.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

A shame the game had to be played and end like it did. I thought there were some very cool ideas, Senka. Thanks.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Kraftster wrote:A shame the game had to be played and end like it did. I thought there were some very cool ideas, Senka. Thanks.
Completely agree.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

IrishEyes wrote:I really thought when Redwill passed on the badge and gun to relantel it was over.
Yeah, I even said "Game over" in my PM to Senka. I didn't have a choice, though, since there were only 3 players left (after rel killed that night).
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

I lied. I was blue, didn't pay attention to the game, and ruined it at the end. Something I terribly hate.

I will now go into the corner and feel shame until next game.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

This was one of the worst games I've seen from the villagers in a long time.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

IrishEyes wrote:I really thought when Redwill passed on the badge and gun to relantel it was over.

Obvious play was obvious, to me. But then, I already knew.
Didn't know if that was random or not. But thought redwill = bad and redwill = sheriff that sheriff = bad. And surprised no heat came from my nominating redwill (who at the time we didn't know was red when sheriff vote happened).

EPP's suggested test heat really wasn't - the kill of columbia was in long before his night vote for NAN. Though it gave me a good excuse to vote for him when he came after me, and hope NAN went with me. For I am certain had I voted NAN, NAN would have voted me.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

I'll give some particulars of my role, if anyone's interested.

I was a lonely goblin who had to find the others. I could look once per night. I found ulf on the second try.

As sheriff, my vote counted as 1.5 votes and I could choose my successor. Several turns later, Senka gave me a choice and I gained an investigation, which I used on Kraftster. Then I gave that up and gained doublevoter power. I was hoping that that would pass on to relantel, but I guess it didn't.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

I didn't have a name or ability to go independent or anything (obviously), I just wanted to draw the vote so I could kill redwill. :P

I was really hoping he did not have some sort of save ability.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

How was I targeted? Did you choose, or just kill a baddie, or what?
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

you know what screwed me in this game? this PM i got at the beginning.

The Game Has Begun.
Sent: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:34 am
To: canaan redwill mac5155 bhaw IrishEyes

Do not reply to this message, the entire group is here. You may ruin something if yu talk about roles. READ ONLY, do not reply. Just telling you that the game has begun...

look at the "to:" list. i didnt know what to make of it and it threw me off.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

this was my role pm:

Monster role.
Sent: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:01 am
To: canaan

Canaan. You are the Fortuneteller. You are quite the strange one. You can predict what happens but being as old as you are, you can only act once. Each night I will tell you what you see in your crystal ball. You will have the option to act upon it or leave it go. Example: “Tonight things do not look good for Senka. You have enough time to save him if you send help now. Would you like to use your efforts?” You essentially know who is going to die, and you can choose to save them or let them die. You can only save one person. After you save one person, you will no longer have the ability to read from your crystal ball. You also can kill one player at any point in the night. You can say “No. Let Senka die, but also, kill Juice for me.” Or “Save Senka.” (and keep your kill in pocket).

you will PM at night, when instructed.

i fibbed about the amount of saves i had :pop:
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

So heres how it went down...

Troy Loney was the NEBBY CHILD. On a message board, Troy was given free roam of everything. Although most players have their statuses hidden, this role really did nothing.

THG was the Private Detective
He was a colorblind detective. He simply would find out if the person was DARK or NOT DARK. If THG found another good role player, they would have no idea. THG was on fire early on, finding 2/4 Goblins

Canaan was the fortune teller
I PM'd Canaan each night telling him who was projected to die. Canaan was allowed to save any one person, one time. He could've waited until he was targeted, and saved his own life, knowing it was coming. He also had one KILL at his disposal to use whenever he wanted. He could have used his save and his kill in the same night if he chose to. Canaan was killed in the day phase on a questionable play that backfired against him. He saved EPP on a random night.

Team Goblins

Redwill was the lost Goblin. He was a Goblin at heart but knew not of who his team consisted of. He acted as an independent red, and got to PEEK at a player each night until he found a member of his team. He was told "Nothing" or "Let me Investigate further" ... If accepted, Redwill would be a valuable assest, but I am not sure they knew that was the case... (continued later)

Relantel was in charge. He would come up "NOT DARK" to THG if they choose to deny their "lost goblin" enterence to their group/pms. If they accepted him, then he was no longer hidden and redwill was allowed to join in PMs.

Ulf was a regular goblin, but held the decision of letting the "lost goblin" in to the group. It was up to him to decide how important his leader's identity was. More than likely shared the information with the team and decided.

Irish Eyes was a regular goblin. Nothing special here.

Sherriff was a role involving YOU to vote for them. You essentially picked the person. You had no idea what it entailed. I was eventually going to allow the Sherriff to hold 2 votes, but since you voted a Goblin into office, I had to throw a curveball. I allowed Redwill to train in one of two skills... Since he had 2 jobs, he could only have time to strengthen one. I asked him would he like to become a better Sherriff or a better Goblin.

A better Sherriff would entail a fully detailed investigation of a member. Redwill chose Kraftster. He was told from Kraft's file that Krafter had a registered gun and could fire it, etc. but just enough information to connect some dots.
He later decided to invest in a new skill, whicj allowed him to vote and it count as 2 votes (Kraft's vote did not reach the limit, no one said anything, but Redwill had 2 votes)

A sherriff in a real-life game would entail that their vote counts for 2. and everyone knows this. but you did not, so I had some fun with it. Essentially a player is nominated and collects votes. It places a target on their head though, because as a RED, the sherriff having 2 votes could be dangerous... or very helpful if they are way off... Redwill lasted extremely long as a sherriff..

When a Sherriff Dies, they name the next Sherriff.

Kraftster was the HUNTER Kraft, when killed, could draw his gun and fire at any one player. Kraft could have also chose to not shoot and die alone. He decided to kill Redwill with himself, prolonging the game.

Excuse me if I forgot other details... all my writeups and PMs are on my school computer and I don't have access to them. Players that got PMs, feel free to post what you received to help others understand my madness.

It was a bummer people didnt stick around but It was better than I actually expected. Me as a sole Mod sucked though and I am sorry I wasnt around as often as I wanted to be...
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

Canaan, I sent that message to all members, and went through the list in 5's. I can only send a PM to 5 people. Sorry to confuse you.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Senka wrote:Canaan, I sent that message to all members, and went through the list in 5's. I can only send a PM to 5 people. Sorry to confuse you.
yeah, i wasnt sure, and i didnt want to bring it up during the game.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

I felt horrible for not being around. I thought the game was going to start sooner than it did, but due to the timing of the start, I missed a good portion of the game.

And by the time I could get into it, it seemed like it was almost over, and it was moving very slowly.

I apologize to Senka and the other players.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

canaan wrote:you know what screwed me in this game? this PM i got at the beginning.

The Game Has Begun.

Do not reply to this message, the entire group is here. You may ruin something if yu talk about roles. READ ONLY, do not reply. Just telling you that the game has begun...

This threw me off too cause it was the second PM I got that said the same thing. I thought it was sent to all bad guys and I was copied in somehow
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

I accidentally sent it to Mac twice... Haha
mac5155 wrote:
canaan wrote:you know what screwed me in this game? this PM i got at the beginning.

The Game Has Begun.

This threw me off too cause it was the second PM I got that said the same thing. I thought it was sent to all bad guys and I was copied in somehow
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Ah, so Kraftster chose to kill me. In so doing, he prolonged the game. If he had chosen anyone else, the game would have ended because of my 2 votes. Well played by him to give the village a chance to win.

What, if any, powers did relantel have when he became sheriff?

Also, thg and me were on the same wavelength with ulf. He investigated him and I peeked at him for the same reason. thg is a player.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

I just got back out of the Grand Canyon and drove the six hours to Vegas.

OMG.

I thought it was so obvious when I cast my vote for Rel, that he was a RED. I was sure NAN would be able to see it too!

:face: Oh well... Looking back on it (and maybe giving myself to much credit) I made some pretty good votes, being second on IE and knowing at the end that it was Rel and not NAN who was a goblin.

Unfortunately I made probably the dumbest move ever for an LGP Warz game yet, when I was so sure of myself that Canaan was a RED.

UGH!

Anyway, I just checked in at my hotel. I'll check back with you guys later but I just had to see what NAN's deciding vote was.