TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: TV Shows

Post by Point Breeze Penguins »

Person of Interest is good.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

only new show I watched was Whitney and the laugh track on that thing was incredibly distracting for some reason. May give it another shot, need something to push Gossip Girl out of the weekly loop...
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

eddysnake wrote:only new show I watched was Whitney and the laugh track on that thing was incredibly distracting for some reason. May give it another shot, need something to push Gossip Girl out of the weekly loop...
Dude, my wife and I thought the same exact thing with this show. Not only was the show not very funny, but the laugh track was so loud and artificial it was painful to watch.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

shafnutz05 wrote:
eddysnake wrote:only new show I watched was Whitney and the laugh track on that thing was incredibly distracting for some reason. May give it another shot, need something to push Gossip Girl out of the weekly loop...
Dude, my wife and I thought the same exact thing with this show. Not only was the show not very funny, but the laugh track was so loud and artificial it was painful to watch.
this is true, I may give it a second chance because it did seem to pick up a little towards the end, but it did feel awfully forced. For some reason, the girl reminds me of Shelley Duvall in the shining at certain times and that's not really a good thing.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

That's funny. My wife and I thought the same thing. Normally, I don't notice the laugh track. But when we were watching Whitney, that is all I could focus on. And the show wasn't that great. It's all predictable and corny one liners.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

I'm not going to lie. I thought Two and a Half men was going to be a huge dud with w/o Charlie Sheen.

And while it's not the same w/o him, the first two episodes so far with Kutcher weren't that bad.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

newarenanow wrote:I'm not going to lie. I thought Two and a Half men was going to be a huge dud with w/o Charlie Sheen.

And while it's not the same w/o him, the first two episodes so far with Kutcher weren't that bad.
I found the first two to be awkward at best. But then again, we didn't watch it with Sheen every week either. (it's not in the DVR rotation like HIMYM is)
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by AlexPKeaton »

So who watched Terra Nova last night or was there a discussion already?
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

i really enjoy 2 broke girls and new girl. no homo
Nuge
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Nuge »

2 broke girls is terrible. It's pretty bad when the funniest character is a horse.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Nuge wrote:2 broke girls is terrible. It's pretty bad when the funniest character is a horse.
you're a horse
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

canaan wrote:i really enjoy 2 broke girls and new girl. no homo

2 Broke Girls has been "meh" for me. Much like Whitney, it is cheap on liners that are predictable and not that funny.

I did like the New Girl though. So I guess I'm bi.
Nuge
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Nuge »

canaan wrote:
Nuge wrote:2 broke girls is terrible. It's pretty bad when the funniest character is a horse.
you're a horse
hey-oooo.

The laugh track in that show is the only thing that is more irritating than the jokes.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by AlexPKeaton »

So no one watched Terra Nova? I thought a sci-fi show with dinosaurs would get a higher viewership lol.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

AlexPKeaton wrote:So no one watched Terra Nova? I thought a sci-fi show with dinosaurs would get a higher viewership lol.
It sounded cool, but from the start it was driven hard as an environmental preaching show. As soon as I heard that they would be using "sonic guns" to defend themselves so as not to disturb the environment, I lost interest.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by AlexPKeaton »

shafnutz05 wrote:
AlexPKeaton wrote:So no one watched Terra Nova? I thought a sci-fi show with dinosaurs would get a higher viewership lol.
It sounded cool, but from the start it was driven hard as an environmental preaching show. As soon as I heard that they would be using "sonic guns" to defend themselves so as not to disturb the environment, I lost interest.
Yeah the environmental stuff is heavy handed. And virtually every network TV cliche was out in full force, but overall it was pretty fun.*

* for a network show

Network TV Cliches hit:

Family Unit Featured .... check
Mom and daughter are super smart ... check
Mom and daughter of indeterminate race ... check
White Dad is ex-cop macho dude ... check
White Son has teenage ANGST ... check
White male leader who is obviously going to be a bad guy eventually ... check
Black female rebel leader who is obviously going to be a good guy eventually ... check
Teenage ANGST leads to teenagers doing something stupid and dad saving them ... check

So basically the show is: Take the network TV cook book, add dinosaurs, and add the dude from Avatar and some Lost mystery. However for all of that, the show is still pretty fun lol. At least, just as in V, the girlfriend of the teenage ANGST kid is really cute.
Last edited by AlexPKeaton on Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Too much other stuff going on last night to catch the premiere of Terra Nova. Wanted to give it a try though.

So far, we've season-passed Unbreakable, but have yet to fully watch the Person of Interest or Pan Am pilots. Did watch the LV and Miami CSI season premieres. Ted Danson on CSI is odd. The white hair is even odder.
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

I was okay with Terra Nova. I'll probably give it a couple more episodes before I actually decide on it, though. And I admit, Alex, I definitely rolled my eyes with the Teenaged son angst.

The part where the dad was cutting the weeds and the massive centipede came along made me laugh and shudder simultaneously.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

I watched the first episode of 2 broke girls. I walked away thinking it was really dirty in a good for tv way.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

If people go back in time to repopulate the earth, would that make time a loop? Ergo they are the beginning of the human race and at the same time the end. Seems like an anti-god show too. :pop:
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

Rylan wrote:If people go back in time to repopulate the earth, would that make time a loop? Ergo they are the beginning of the human race and at the same time the end. Seems like an anti-god show too. :pop:
They sent a probe through the rip and never found it in their time. Ergo, they established that it was a different timeline. You know, like in Back to the Future Part II(?).
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

Rylan wrote:If people go back in time to repopulate the earth, would that make time a loop? Ergo they are the beginning of the human race and at the same time the end. Seems like an anti-god show too. :pop:

Ah, but isn't it impossible to NOT create a time loop since everything occurs simultaneously, and time is an invention made to cope with our limited perception? Like its impossible to go back and kill hitler as a baby because hitler was not killed as a baby.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

if you like 2 broke girls, you are watching the show for that chick's boobs and nothing more

i'm certainly not judging though...
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

shmenguin wrote:if you like 2 broke girls, you are watching the show for that chick's boobs and nothing more

It's like a Scarlett Johansson movie: always guaranteed to have at least two stars.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

columbia wrote:
shmenguin wrote:if you like 2 broke girls, you are watching the show for that chick's boobs and nothing more

It's like a Scarlett Johansson movie: always guaranteed to have at least two stars.
Scarlet johansson and kat dennings have something else in common...