Monsters I: GAME THREAD

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Re: Monsters I: GAME THREAD

Post by ExPatriatePen »

canaan wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:He didn't defend IE directly.

Go back and read the thread. He attacked me and my theories about how Senka probably set up the game.

Pretty slick really.

Had he been successful in steering the vote away from IE it would have been a great "play".

It really does make a good read if you go back and look at it.
i criticized your notions of the gameplay moves because i was trying to get across (poorly in retrospect, i guess) the point that you were absolutely wrong about rp's being able to be the town sheriff. i was given no information in terms of not being allowed to be the sheriff.
So let's pursue this further... Where is Redwill, and what the heck differentiates his role now that he has that title?

It doesn't seem as though he has any special abilities so what's with the title?
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

ExPatriatePen wrote:
It doesn't seem as though he has any special abilities so what's with the title?
if he does have any abilities, im sure it was made available to him through a PM
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

canaan wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:
if he does have any abilities, im sure it was made available to him through a PM
The point isn't how they were communicated, but the fact that they haven't manifested themselves yet in the game.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

blue canaan

i need to step back and think about this. idk about voting off a possible green unless i'm sure he isn't.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

ExPatriatePen wrote:
canaan wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:
The point isn't how they were communicated, but the fact that they haven't manifested themselves yet in the game.
i missed your point. sorry.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

yellow ulf
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

ExPatriatePen wrote:So let's pursue this further... Where is Redwill, and what the heck differentiates his role now that he has that title?

I have no desire to discuss the abilities I have as sheriff -- if, in fact, I have any at all.

I'm inclined to go back to my Kraftster vote from yesterday, and for the same reason. However, I presume that many people are not around on the weekend, so I'll wait a bit.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

so is there any voting at all at the moment? I'd be inclined to vote canaan (again). that just seems...far fetched.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

mac5155 wrote:so is there any voting at all at the moment? I'd be inclined to vote canaan (again). that just seems...far fetched.
Just one for canaan and one for me I believe.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

mac5155 wrote:so is there any voting at all at the moment? I'd be inclined to vote canaan (again). that just seems...far fetched.
Care to explain why you think that?
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by ExPatriatePen »

I'm hoping we can get this round over pretty quickly. I'm looking forward to what happens in the next night phase.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

ExPatriatePen wrote:I'm hoping we can get this round over pretty quickly. I'm looking forward to what happens in the next night phase.
Are you still seriously pushing a vote for canaan?
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

Votes:

Canaan - 1 - (EPP)
Ulf - 1 - (THG)
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

redwill wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:I'm hoping we can get this round over pretty quickly. I'm looking forward to what happens in the next night phase.
I'm still open to the possibility that the sheriff vote was simply the village giving the reds a recruit.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by ExPatriatePen »

redwill wrote:
Yea, outside of this thread I'm all about K-Nan. But I'm really convinced he's a Red.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

columbia wrote:I'm still open to the possibility that the sheriff vote was simply the village giving the reds a recruit.
Open-mindedness is a good thing, in a general sense.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

ExPatriatePen wrote:But I'm really convinced he's a Red.
OK. I'm inclined to believe his claim.

I could go on about it, but I'm too tired. Maybe tomorrow.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

dang, I've missed a lot. Be back after I catch up.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by ExPatriatePen »

I want to hear from the Sheriff. Surely that title means he has something of value to add to this discussion. Unfortunately he may not wake up until noon... The :slug:
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

I am not that worried about "the sheriff" at this point. I am more concerned with Canaan and Ulf trying to swing the vote off of IE.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

I kind of want to vote for redwill.

My general thought on the canaan thing is that I don't think he would have campaigned so much for IE if he is red. I'm still a little confused about his claimed role and protecting EPP/could have protected bhaw - that whole thing. I wasn't up to speed in the thread when all of that went down so I'm sure that's to blame, but I don't totally get it yet.

I do not believe that EPP is red.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by ExPatriatePen »

Krafty, yeah... For me it's really important that we take out another red with this vote.

I've been so actively advocating for IE and now Canaan ( who I'm so sure is a red it's not even a question in my mind ) that the reds will definitely take me out tonight.

So, following my logic, today is the last chance I'll have to get my .02 worth in. That's part of the reason I'm being so "chatty".
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Going back to canaan saying that he was going to reveal himself, regardless of whether any votes were put on him.
That's a reasonable, but not necessarily believable explanation.

How often does the village turn on someone who defends someone who is revealed to be red, so early in the game?
Mind you, I'm not a veteran like canaan, but I haven't seen it happen too often. It's generally accepted - without much comment - that people make the wrong read early in a game; no harm/no foul.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

deadline is today at like... 2pm
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

I think I am caught up. In short, seems canaan saved EPP, yet EPP thinks Canaan is red. Gratitude?

as for columbia - I think it's rare for a staunch defender of a red early (day 1) to actually be red. It is considered such a blunder that an experienced player like Canaan wouldn't do it. Or, if he did, we'd think he'd never do that and he'd get away with it. Still, I have to give him the benefit of the doubt. As to the save story, hard to believe given structure, but not so hard to think that senka would put such a twist in, so I'd give the benefit there too.

I'd like to hear more from our Sheriff as well.