Re: Monsters I: GAME THREAD

Post by columbia »

Wow, indeed.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Sorry for the slander, but canaan is acting like shad when he is red.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

canaan wrote:I received word that you were to be killed. You can either choose to believe that or not. From what Ive been reading I took a stab at keeping you alive because I believe you are blue. If I am wrong, as I've already been this game, again, yokes on me. I don't think that I would ever play this aggressively if I were bad, but that's for you guys to decide. I've given all the information that I have. The bhaw decision was because it was night 1 and I had no take on what he was.

Take it for what it's worth.
As y'all are deciding who to vote for take a look at Canaans comment here:

"I received word that you were about to be killed" ("you" meaning me - ExPat)
Then he writes:
"From what Ive been reading I took a stab at keeping you alive because I believe you are blue."

This doesn't make sense. Using Canaans logic even after after being told who the reds were targeting to be killed he still wasn't sure if that person was blue or not! Now who would be picked by the reds to be killed? They (the reds), sure wouldn't be picking another red. So the Seer/Protector (if there is one) would know that anyone 'fingered' by the reds for elimination was definitely blue, he wouldn't have to "believe" it from "what he was reading".

I think Canaans the easy choice here.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

Until EPP spoke, i was fairly certain EPP was also a green from reading between the lines of Canaans post, but canaan didn't want to say it outright. Now I'm pretty sure one of these two are red.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

ExPatriatePen wrote:
canaan wrote:I received word that you were to be killed. You can either choose to believe that or not. From what Ive been reading I took a stab at keeping you alive because I believe you are blue. If I am wrong, as I've already been this game, again, yokes on me. I don't think that I would ever play this aggressively if I were bad, but that's for you guys to decide. I've given all the information that I have. The bhaw decision was because it was night 1 and I had no take on what he was.

Take it for what it's worth.
As y'all are deciding who to vote for take a look at Canaans comment here:

"I received word that you were about to be killed" ("you" meaning me - ExPat)
Then he writes:
"From what Ive been reading I took a stab at keeping you alive because I believe you are blue."

This doesn't make sense. Using Canaans logic even after after being told who the reds were targeting to be killed he still wasn't sure if that person was blue or not! Now who would be picked by the reds to be killed? They (the reds), sure wouldn't be picking another red. So the Seer/Protector (if there is one) would know that anyone 'fingered' by the reds for elimination was definitely blue, he wouldn't have to "believe" it from "what he was reading".

I think Canaans the easy choice here.
i wasnt sure, that since there was a recruit that night, that a vig didnt try to kill you. i probably shouldve just let you die.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

ulf wrote:Until EPP spoke, i was fairly certain EPP was also a green from reading between the lines of Canaans post, but canaan didn't want to say it outright. Now I'm pretty sure one of these two are red.
i dont know what EPP's role is.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

to clarify, i dont know who is killing who, i just know who is to be killed.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

ulf wrote:Until EPP spoke, i was fairly certain EPP was also a green from reading between the lines of Canaans post, but canaan didn't want to say it outright. Now I'm pretty sure one of these two are red.
If that is your the thought, you should logically go after canaan.
If EPP were bad and canaan has the role he is claiming, why would canaan be talking about having protected EPP?

It doesn't add up.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

canaan wrote:. i probably shouldve just let you die.
If I had a nickel for every time I've heard someone say they wish I'd have died... :)
:fist:
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

columbia wrote:
If EPP were bad and canaan has the role he is claiming, why would canaan be talking about having protected EPP?

It doesn't add up.
Because he doesn't know EPP's role. So he could be bad but canaan didn't think so when he supposedly protected EPP.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

columbia wrote:
canaan wrote:I was declaring my role votes against me or not.
Because?

Inadvertently defending a red this early in the game is hardly worthy of suspicion.
Still waiting on this one.....
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by ExPatriatePen »

ulf wrote:
columbia wrote:

It doesn't add up.
Because he doesn't know EPP's role. So he could be bad but canaan didn't think so when he supposedly protected EPP.
If I was targeted for being killed, it would have been by the RED's.
Since the reds wouldn't be killing one of their own, then I'm obviously green.

The logic that a green VIG would have been targeting me is ridiculous. First, what would the VIGS reasoning have been to target me on the first night? What would have made a VIG so sure that I was red that he'd have "wasted" a bullet on me? If you look, I was the second vote (and a really quick second vote at that) on IE. If I were red would I have jumped on that vote against a fellow red so quickly?

This is so obvious that your comments in support of Canaan cast suspicion on YOU ulf.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

lol I haven't supported him this round whatsoever. Just laying out both sides of the argument so we make the right choice.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

Remember, i'm the one that started this and told canaan he had some splainin to do.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

ulf wrote:Remember, i'm the one that started this and told canaan he had some splainin to do.
truer dat
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

But your argument makes more sense right now epp.

Kill canaan

Color plox
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by ExPatriatePen »

columbia wrote:
ulf wrote:Remember, i'm the one that started this and told canaan he had some splainin to do.
truer dat
I'd actually forgotten that - I take back the "suspicion" part of my post ulf.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by ExPatriatePen »

ulf wrote:But your argument makes more sense right now epp.

Kill canaan

Color plox
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

I'm not voting against canaan until he answers my question above....But I doubt he will have a good answer.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

columbia wrote:I'm not voting against canaan until he answers my question above....But I doubt he will have a good answer.
i didnt see the question earlier, but what am i to say? why would i defend IE so vehemently so early in the game if i were bad--it would be a terribly stupid move. it was a bad call on my part to defend her because i just thought she was getting piled on. if anything, i wouldve stayed low key and/or agreed with the group. why would i cause this kerfuffle this early on? if its your goal to try and get the village to kill me because you cant kill me for at least a couple of nights, then i get the picture youre trying to paint. if you think im bad, youre wrong. ive been completely honest with the information i have. the goal of me outing myself was to see who would come out and try and nuke me. so far, so good. i hope when im gone, that the ones spearheading this are looked at.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

I haven't voted against you and that is actually a good answer.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

If you are going to role claim so early and without a vote on you, tough questions will follow.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by ExPatriatePen »

He didn't defend IE directly.

Go back and read the thread. He attacked me and my theories about how Senka probably set up the game.

Pretty slick really.

Had he been successful in steering the vote away from IE it would have been a great "play".

It really does make a good read if you go back and look at it.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

ExPatriatePen wrote:He didn't defend IE directly.

Go back and read the thread. He attacked me and my theories about how Senka probably set up the game.

Pretty slick really.

Had he been successful in steering the vote away from IE it would have been a great "play".

It really does make a good read if you go back and look at it.
i criticized your notions of the gameplay moves because i was trying to get across (poorly in retrospect, i guess) the point that you were absolutely wrong about rp's being able to be the town sheriff. i was given no information in terms of not being allowed to be the sheriff.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

I dont know what to make of Canaan at this point. I'd be more inclined to vote for someone who tried to shift the vote on IE but voted for her in the end. Ulf comes to mind.