Monsters I: GAME THREAD

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: Monsters I: GAME THREAD

Post by ulf »

meh nvm it would have said something about it in the writeup if they tried and failed i guess.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

Benny Fitz wrote:why didnt the reds try and kill the sheriff?
That would be such an obvious move that you'd hope Senka would have set it up so that the Sherriff was invincible the first night or so that an Angel would have had the chance to protect him.
Benny Fitz
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Benny Fitz »

and upon 2nd thought, it would have been and obvious night 1 save assuming there's a doctor (and not just a dentist) in this town.
Benny Fitz
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Benny Fitz »

ExPatriatePen wrote:
Benny Fitz wrote:why didnt the reds try and kill the sheriff?
That would be such an obvious move that you'd hope Senka would have set it up so that the Sherriff was invincible the first night or so that an Angel would have had the chance to protect him.
was typing when you posted. but exactly.

since i've cast my vote and we're in something of a lull, i'll speculate on game design....
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

2 schools of thought (re: sheriff):

a.) redwill is red
b.) redwill is not red and the reds figure that his survival would draw attention/doubt amongst the villagers and they would vote him out eventually.

i have no clue as to which is true.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

It is possible that Redwill - as the sheriff - cannot be killed.
Benny Fitz
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Benny Fitz »

canaan wrote:2 schools of thought (re: sheriff):

a.) redwill is red
b.) redwill is not red and the reds figure that his survival would draw attention/doubt amongst the villagers and they would vote him out eventually.

and i'm inclined to think that if something were to happen to redwill, we'll most likely vote for another sheriff immediately. Based on the way we handled Senka's disappearance.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Benny Fitz wrote:
canaan wrote:2 schools of thought (re: sheriff):

a.) redwill is red

and i'm inclined to think that if something were to happen to redwill, we'll most likely vote for another sheriff immediately. Based on the way we handled Senka's disappearance.
i believe that to be the case as well
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

columbia wrote:It is possible that Redwill - as the sheriff - cannot be killed.
that, i did not think of
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

canaan wrote:
that, i did not think of
Just thinking that he can self-protect pretty liberally.
Possible...but probable?
Only he and Senka know.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

well i'm gonna go with canaan's thinking here. i don't see a reason for IE being dumb enough to turn down her nomination, nominate bhaw, then kill him before day 1 lol.

accuse EPP

i don't feel all that strongly about it, but it is day one, and i feel better about it than the usual day 1 bandwagon.
Benny Fitz
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Benny Fitz »

columbia wrote:
canaan wrote:
that, i did not think of
Just thinking that he can self-protect pretty liberally.
Possible...but probable?
Only he and Senka know.
could be, i mean, the write-up seemed to suggest that he didnt have a gun. which i interpreted as he cant kill at night. so maybe he's a defensive sheriff with protects and see's?
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

canaan wrote:it seems like a pretty simple "lets frame IE by killing someone she voted for" tactic. i dont know if IE is bad or not, but the reasoning seems to be pretty L1. If IE ends up bad, yokes on my face, but to simply assume IE, being a red player, would be so out to get bhaw that she would make it known that she wanted to kill him and then follow through with it? whats the rationale behind that?
I just threw it out there. The fact that she was uber defensive makes me think there may be more to it.

Can you explain benefit that the Red's could get from "framing" IE this early in the game.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

thehockeyguru wrote:
canaan wrote:it seems like a pretty simple "lets frame IE by killing someone she voted for" tactic. i dont know if IE is bad or not, but the reasoning seems to be pretty L1. If IE ends up bad, yokes on my face, but to simply assume IE, being a red player, would be so out to get bhaw that she would make it known that she wanted to kill him and then follow through with it? whats the rationale behind that?
I just threw it out there. The fact that she was uber defensive makes me think there may be more to it.

Can you explain benefit that the Red's could get from "framing" IE this early in the game.
because it would be easy to pile on a player that is relatively new to the game, self-professed not a good player yet, and day 1's are easy to roll tide--an easy early play. these are just assumptions, mind you. i understand the uber-defensive mentality that you are saying and maybe im just basing my defense off of my assumptions of her naivete, but its just nothing more than a hunch on my part and maybe the same on yours and EPP's part.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

:pop: that was a fun page to read you all speculating my motives.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Feel free to correct us, as necessary. :pop:
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

canaan wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:

because it would be easy to pile on a player that is relatively new to the game, self-professed not a good player yet, and day 1's are easy to roll tide--an easy early play. these are just assumptions, mind you. i understand the uber-defensive mentality that you are saying and maybe im just basing my defense off of my assumptions of her naivete, but its just nothing more than a hunch on my part and maybe the same on yours and EPP's part.

The point I want to make is usually thats a tactic thats used later in games with talented players, not on Day 1 for self-professed average players. Being that it is Day 1 I'd rather vote on her with there being no other real options.

To be honest I'm more concerned that she turned down the nomination more than her being framed. I still think the reason she could have turned it down is not avoid being a target for conversation.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

Senka wrote:

Code: Select all

IrishEyes  3    (THG, ExPat columbia)
Canaan     1    (mac)
THG        1    (IE)
expat      2    (canaan, ulf)
Mac        1    (BFitz)
Takes 7 to lynch...
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Hello, happy folks. Your proud sheriff is back in town. Thanks for barely electing me! :lol:

Had a busy morning. Let me read up.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

lynch IE
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

I'm leaning strongly toward EPP being not bad. He jumped quickly on the IE vote. He did the same thing last game and it was his downfall. I find it difficult to believe he would do that again.

IE? I dunno. I don't really see a correlation between her nominating bhaw and him then dying.

Now there is Kraftster. No posts yesterday and a simple vote today. Kraftster is not usually one for sparsely-worded posts.

lynch Kraftster
Benny Fitz
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Benny Fitz »

thehockeyguru wrote:
canaan wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:

The point I want to make is usually thats a tactic thats used later in games with talented players, not on Day 1 for self-professed average players. Being that it is Day 1 I'd rather vote on her with there being no other real options.

To be honest I'm more concerned that she turned down the nomination more than her being framed. I still think the reason she could have turned it down is not avoid being a target for conversation.
I dont get the decline nomination = possible baddie. Redwill accepted the nomination, is now the sheriff, and coincidentally is also at the bottom of everyone's suspicion list. Wouldnt IE want to be elected if she was red???
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Clarification on EPP: last game he was red and jumped quickly on my ps87 vote. He was nabbed for it. I feel that if he is red, he wouldn't do that again.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

redwill wrote:Kraftster is not usually one for sparsely-worded posts.

lynch Kraftster
Please. My other option for my screen name was Tersester.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

Code: Select all

IrishEyes  4    (THG, ExPat columbia, Kraftster)
Canaan     1    (mac)
THG        1    (IE)
expat      2    (canaan, ulf)
Mac        1    (BFitz)
Kraftster  1    (redwill)
Takes 7 to lynch...

Takes 7 to lynch...