TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Re: TV Shows

Post by Physical_Graffiti »

Loved the ending to Entourage. Hopefully the movie gets made.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Rescue Me...
Spoiler:
got the impression the ending left some other development open, such as a film or other spinoff
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Two episodes into Breaking Bad. Pretty excited to continue. Finally getting around to this show after tons of recommendations.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Just finished Entourage...the way it ended didn't annoy me as much as I expected. It was a decent episode. Kinda happy that the show is over, i've been basically forcing myself to watch the last couple seasons just because I had invested time in the storyline.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Idoit40fans wrote:Just finished Entourage...the way it ended didn't annoy me as much as I expected. It was a decent episode. Kinda happy that the show is over, i've been basically forcing myself to watch the last couple seasons just because I had invested time in the storyline.
The best episode of the series happened in the second last season.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Idoit40fans wrote:Just finished Entourage...the way it ended didn't annoy me as much as I expected. It was a decent episode. Kinda happy that the show is over, i've been basically forcing myself to watch the last couple seasons just because I had invested time in the storyline.
haha. same here. im sure when the movie comes out, ill see it :face:
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

canaan wrote:
haha. same here. im sure when the movie comes out, ill see it :face:
Yep.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Scratches head at Ted Danson being new lead on CSI this year. That show has struggled since William Petersen left.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Kraftster wrote:Two episodes into Breaking Bad. Pretty excited to continue. Finally getting around to this show after tons of recommendations.
Definitely worth it. Not quite as good as The Wire, but not that far off either.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Great Food Truck Race
Spoiler:
Wow. Epic stupidity by Korilla. Why the hell would you try to cheat? They're obviously going to go over the totals with a fine-toothed comb. It was interesting that their only reaction was to mutter "Dude, He just made us look like crap" in Korean as they walked away.

So not only do they not win the 100k, they look like complete and utter toolbags in front of a national tv audience. Great job broskis.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

Anyone catch the season premiere of Always Sunny last night? I thought it was really good. Typical episode for them, IMO
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:Anyone catch the season premiere of Always Sunny last night? I thought it was really good. Typical episode for them, IMO
I even drank coffee to try and stay up and watch this last night, but still fell asleep at 9. I've got issue.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

eddysnake wrote:
Physical_Graffiti wrote:I enjoyed the second last episode of Entourage. I'm pumped for the last episode.
my guess:
Spoiler:
E goes to NY and they end up together, Turtle hits it big with the restaurant, Drama nails it with the tv/movie, Ari quits his business and goes back to his wife, Vince drops out of movies and proposes to the girl. The show is pretty terrible, but I end up watching it every week and actually look forward to it, it's just the same thing every season.
pretty good guess eddy, but it's not like the show has been very predictable or anything...
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

eddysnake wrote:
eddysnake wrote:
Physical_Graffiti wrote:I enjoyed the second last episode of Entourage. I'm pumped for the last episode.
my guess:
Spoiler:
E goes to NY and they end up together, Turtle hits it big with the restaurant, Drama nails it with the tv/movie, Ari quits his business and goes back to his wife, Vince drops out of movies and proposes to the girl. The show is pretty terrible, but I end up watching it every week and actually look forward to it, it's just the same thing every season.
pretty good guess eddy, but it's not like the show has been very predictable or anything...
keep it up...
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:Anyone catch the season premiere of Always Sunny last night? I thought it was really good. Typical episode for them, IMO
On DVR. Glad to hear it was good.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

it was solid. pretty on par with last season.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

Charlie Sheen Roast next Monday.

Should be good.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

I like Mac carrying around a trashbag full of Mexican food. The Tommy Bahama shirts cracked me up, too. And Charlie in the limo...
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

My DVR didn't record its always sunny, I was planning to watch it after LSU. I was not happy. I did watch the first episode of "Whitney" though. It was what I expected. Awful + a couple good one liners.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

Idoit40fans wrote:My DVR didn't record its always sunny, I was planning to watch it after LSU. I was not happy. I did watch the first episode of "Whitney" though. It was what I expected. Awful + a couple good one liners.
She'd be better off on FX or HBO. Her humor is so dark and filthy I can't expect to like her in a silly sitcom.
Last edited by blackjack68 on Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

If it was set up like sitcom that didn't have the audience laughter in it, it would be funnier. Also if the actors didn't all look like they were holding back laughter the whole show, it would be funnier. That said, i'll watch next episode too, because there are some pretty funny moments.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Up All Night seems like an entertaining show (and Will Arnett is awesome)

After watching approximately 90 seconds of Whitney with the wife, we decided it might be the worst TV show in ten years.
legame
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by legame »

Waiting patiently for the third season of The League.
neophool
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by neophool »

Louie. it might be the best show on TV.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

:( I was expecting to read about a show starring Louie Anderson