Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: The Battle of Gettysburg **Game Thread**

Post by bhaw »

dodge zaro

Sdd, switch to my vote.

MWB, if you're the vig, you'll see I'm blue. Shoot zaro, and we just hope he's the last red and rylan is blue. From my perspective, that is the only opportunity for a win.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

bhaw, who are you voting for now? No one?
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:bhaw, who are you voting for now? No one?
no one.

If MWB is convinced on me AND he is for sure the vig, the only way blue can win is to kill me. You will see I'm blue. Then MWB has to shoot whoever he believes is red and just pray he is the final red. I believe you are blue, so my vote is for Zaro. That is the only opportunity for blue to win

If there are 2 reds, it's game over regardless.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

when I say regardless, there is no option to win if there are 2 reds unless MWB decides to believe me. As is, what I am proposing is the only possibility, and it's based on only 1 red being left. If there are 2, when I die, it's game over.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

I'd just rather go down trying than let this vote end in a tie and let the reds kill someone at night for end game.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

So BHAW you want me to vote for you?
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:So BHAW you want me to vote for you?
If MWB refuses to switch, yes. He seems like he's not going to switch.

Here is the downside of a tie:

nothing happens for day kill. Reds get a night kill. IF there's 2, that's game over. If there's one, they kill rylan and it's back to you and me voting zaro and MWB and zaro voting for me. Tie game again with no answers.

This way, you kill me, see I'm blue. If there's 2 reds, game over. If there's 1 red, you have some clarity on me.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

If bhaw is good, then rylan must be bad. Otherwise sdd and zaro would have ended it a while ago.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

MWB wrote:If bhaw is good, then rylan must be bad. Otherwise sdd and zaro would have ended it a while ago.
What? How is that? Zaro is already voting for me.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

For the love of god MWB, your logic makes ZERO sense. How is Rylan for sure bad if I'm good? How is Zaro good? What would they have ended?
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

bhaw wrote:
MWB wrote:If bhaw is good, then rylan must be bad. Otherwise sdd and zaro would have ended it a while ago.
Zaro voted for you. Then me. sdd could have pit the third vote on and ended it right there. That would leave two and two.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

MWB wrote:
bhaw wrote:
Zaro voted for you. Then me. sdd could have pit the third vote on and ended it right there. That would leave two and two.
What? SDD is going to switch (presumably). How does voting for me clear zaro and make rylan the last red? This makes no sense at all.

If you are indeed the vig, and I kill myself here then you kill rylan, I'm going to be pissed. Zaro is pretty clearly the last red if you are the vig. If you are not the vig, this is dumb because the game is won already.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

I didn't say zaro was clear. I was trying to say that zaro and rylan would be the reds.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

MWB wrote:I didn't say zaro was clear. I was trying to say that zaro and rylan would be the reds.
If that's the case, it's game over when SDD switches.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

My scenario only works with 1 red. I know that as it currently stands, there is no chance at winning. It's a hail mary, if you will.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Once THG answers my question I'll change my vote.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

I'm not sure what to say at this point and have been posting from my phone all day so it's impossible to go back and look at stuff.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

bhaw wrote:My scenario only works with 1 red. I know that as it currently stands, there is no chance at winning. It's a hail mary, if you will.
So then why do it? Very likely there are two reds. Tie still leaves open possibilty of us winning. What is deadline?
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

MWB wrote:I'm not sure what to say at this point and have been posting from my phone all day so it's impossible to go back and look at stuff.
You don't have to say anything. I'm making it easy. If we go in as a tie, it's game over. If there are 2 reds, it's game over. If you can't kill 2 people in one night, it's game over.

The only option we have is for SDD to vote for me. You see I'm blue. We hope there is only 1 red, not 2. You shoot zaro, we win. This is the only help I can provide.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

I'm trying to think of which Confederate general would be the red angel and really none them did anything at Gettysburg to warrant being called an angel. This leads me to believe there is only one red left.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

MWB wrote:
bhaw wrote:My scenario only works with 1 red. I know that as it currently stands, there is no chance at winning. It's a hail mary, if you will.
So then why do it? Very likely there are two reds. Tie still leaves open possibilty of us winning. What is deadline?
How? You don't believe me. So you are either going to shoot me or shoot no one. If we tie, there are 5 left. If we presume 2 reds, that's 3 good, 2 bad.

If you shoot me, it's 2 v 2. They probably also kill someone, so it's 2 v 1, reds win.
If you choose not to shoot, they kill someone and it's 2 v 2 = red victory.

If you will not vote with me, the ONLY chance there is relies on there being 1 red, not 2. Hence from my perspective, this is the only opportunity to win for blue/green.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

If SDD were bad, he would have killed me and ended this round. So I'm 95% sure he's good.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

You've made a lot of assumptions about the vig ability. You've also now laid it out that I have to vote with you or we lose. Do you really not see my logic about you already being dead if you were blue?
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

bhaw wrote:If SDD were bad, he would have killed me and ended this round. So I'm 95% sure he's good.
Exactly. Which is why I said it would be zaro and rylan if you're blue.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

MWB wrote:You've made a lot of assumptions about the vig ability. You've also now laid it out that I have to vote with you or we lose. Do you really not see my logic about you already being dead if you were blue?
No, not at all. Why would I be dead. SDD believes me, right? so why would he vote with you if he believes Zaro is bad.

You're right, it's vote with me or lose. Either way, from my perspective, the village loses, unless you believe me. I'm at least throwing out the only way I can control a potential victory.

You've given us nothing to go on with the vig. I can only assume rules that I know to be normal.

From my side, unless there is something I don't know, a tie guarantees victory for the red and we have no control over it. You've stated over and over that you don't believe me, so that leads me to 2 possible scenarios for tonight:

1. you shoot me
2. you don't shoot at all

As I pointed out before, there is no way that leads to anything other than a red victory. If there is only 1 red, me dying is the best option for clearing something up going into either tonight or the final day phase. If zaro is the last red, he would kill rylan, leaving the same scenario tomorrow where you either vote with me or lose.