The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: 93.7 The Fan Now On

Post by columbia »

Just about everyone who calls that station appears to have had a head injury in the past.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

columbia wrote:Just about everyone who calls that station appears to have had a head injury in the past.
I've heard Crosby call the show before :scared:
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Josh Miller's "I hear what your sayin" is to Vinnie's "Yawr up here on nine dee tree sheven" The guy says it 300 times a show.
PensOnDVD
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by PensOnDVD »

IronDukes37 wrote: He has serious issues.
Really.
Not just with the radio show. He is manic sometimes.
Check out his twitter account and his twitter "friend" Yinzer and how they pester John Perrotto endlessly.
They did the same thing about Lacy Collins.
This is the same guy that went on and on about the John Mehno/Marshall Dylan thing for days.
Dunlap's so thin-skinned he makes John Steigerwald look like a tough guy. Keep bashing him, he'll end up posting about it somewhere or creating an account to defend himself.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:I thought Dunlap and Burton had good chemistry when they were on together last week

Dunlap cannot be on the fan. All he does is try to piss off some group of people, which in turn then elicits calls from that group of people...from what I gather he was harping on the paterno thing when he was on. PSU would call in to rant about him on the free for all, and he would just interrupt everyone and cut them off.

The best part was that thursday he was on when he was off the next day (friday) and talked about where he was going, they then went into a 5:40 call, and the guy jumps in and goes "nobody cares what your doing tomorrow"...Dunlap cut him off, but that was awesome.
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Point Breeze Penguins »

Great discussion right now on TribLive. Steigy, Junker, and Laird are talking about tipping. Evidently Tiger Woods was named "worst tipper" in some magazine.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Your joking right?
IronDukes37
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IronDukes37 »

Last edited by IronDukes37 on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jimjom »

People forget that Josh Miller had intimate knowledge of the Steelers plays and playbook in 2004, the year the Patriots filmed practices. Belachek was Miller's mentor and Svengali-guru. No doubt in my mind that Miller had something to do with the scandal. I can't stand listening to him anymore. Nobody ever asks him about it though on the air or as a coworker. The guy is a Pat through and through.
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Bowser »

Josh Miller had a reason to screw the Steelers, his name was Bill Cowher.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Dickie Dunn »

jimjom wrote:People forget that Josh Miller had intimate knowledge of the Steelers plays and playbook in 2004, the year the Patriots filmed practices. Belachek was Miller's mentor and Svengali-guru. No doubt in my mind that Miller had something to do with the scandal. I can't stand listening to him anymore. Nobody ever asks him about it though on the air or as a coworker. The guy is a Pat through and through.
I remember Madden interviewing Miller a couple years ago. In the interview Miller basically talked about how big of a pain in the ass it was to play for Belichek; how regardless of how you performed there were three guys in there on Tuesday auditioning for your job, the kind of wear that puts on a player's psyche, and how he eventually just got completely fed up with it. In addition, he only played three seasons for the Patriots. So I'm pretty sure you have imagined this entire conspiracy theory that makes you hate Josh Miller.
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jimjom »

Mr. Dunn, you're probably right regarding my outlook on Miller.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Dickie Dunn »

jimjom wrote:Mr. Dunn, you're probably right regarding my outlook on Miller.
Its all good. Cowher made up plenty of reasons to hate Josh Miller as well.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

If Miller had that much standing, he wouldn't chasing dollars on a lousy AM station in Pittsburgh.
Psychlone
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Psychlone »

Gregg Giannotti is on WFAN AM in New York right now talking New York sports. Does this guy ever come up for air?

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/station/wfan/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
IronDukes37
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IronDukes37 »

Last edited by IronDukes37 on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

Erskin hates Roethlisberger and seems to put down Pittsburgh any chance he gets. I doubt he'd ever move to Pittsburgh.
IronDukes37
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IronDukes37 »

Last edited by IronDukes37 on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Bowser »

He's helping (getting paid of course) WFAN due to staff shortage there.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Dunlap tonight and trying to say college players that accept handouts are victims. I agree the system is broken but I hate the people that try to make these "kids" out to be victims. They are adults, they made the choices, the rules are what they are, they broke them, they have to deal with the consequences. Stop saying they're victims.
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by viva la ben »

Alexander and Colony suck without Gianotti, mainly due to Alexander dominating the broadcast.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Pavel Bure wrote:Dunlap tonight and trying to say college players that accept handouts are victims. I agree the system is broken but I hate the people that try to make these "kids" out to be victims. They are adults, they made the choices, the rules are what they are, they broke them, they have to deal with the consequences. Stop saying they're victims.
I would go as far as saying they are immature and mis-informed, but hardly victims.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

I don't think they are immature or misinformed. If I draw 100,000 people to a stadium to watch me play and watch my jersey being sold for 100 bucks in the bookstore, and I see zero dollars of that, then its not surprising to see that I am going to try to get my own cut by selling memorabilia, or taking free cars, etc. I don't think they are victims either, because the rules are what the rules are, and they know they risk being kicked out of school as a result. But they're nothing more than free labor and a money making machine for deal old alma mater. The NCAA is a fraud.
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Point Breeze Penguins »

Anyone watch the ESPN Blueprint/College Football show?
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by joopen »

slappybrown wrote:I don't think they are immature or misinformed. If I draw 100,000 people to a stadium to watch me play and watch my jersey being sold for 100 bucks in the bookstore, and I see zero dollars of that, then its not surprising to see that I am going to try to get my own cut by selling memorabilia, or taking free cars, etc. I don't think they are victims either, because the rules are what the rules are, and they know they risk being kicked out of school as a result. But they're nothing more than free labor and a money making machine for deal old alma mater. The NCAA is a fraud.
Yea forget that free $60000 education that should teach them the skills they need to provide for their family for the rest of their lives. Its somehow unjust that they don't get paid after the free education, food, shelter, and extra on campus benefits he receives. Poor, poor kids. Oh, and this tool bag knew if he waited 3-4 years HE WOULD BE A MILLIONAIRE!!! Don't tell me that they are abused and taken adavantage of. Just because they choose not to take advantage of the compensation offered to them doesn't mean they should be able to take other, improper benefits.