***CLUE WARS POST-GAME***

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: ***CLUE WARS POST-GAME***

Post by Kraftster »

columbia wrote:Losing bhaw so early did not help us, that's for sure.
Which is what makes it tough to say for certain that the numbers were correct. That and obhave being modkilled (which, I would agree with nan, likely prevented a red domination) make it tough to say for sure. I think they're close to where they need to be, though.

But yeah, we were so disappointed that bhaw died, so much cool stuff relating to the seer, we thought.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

To be honest, there was a reason we went after bhaw first. When we got our PMs, obhave noticed that bhaw was on here at the same time as her. When we were doing the night 1 kill, she said we should go after him because it seemed like he got a PM and was visibly the only one on here. So we did, and what do you know, it worked.

That is why if you are playing these games, you should hide your online status.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

ExPatriatePen wrote:So, forgive me for being a noob, but...

Did the reds know exactly who each other was from the start? In other words was there ever a chance they could have killed one of their own that first night?

Also, I gather that the reds were told what the item breakdown was from the start. Right?

Can Shaf explain why he sat on the information as long as he did? I'm not sure I understand the thinking there.

And obhave, why me? ;)
Yes, in almost every warz games, the reds know each other, and can openly communicate via PM.

We had no idea of the item breakdown. We only knew our items we had in our PMs. That was it.

Can't answer for shaf, but the reason we killed you, you were making some sense and participating and paying attention. That is a bad guys worse enemy. That is why we went after those people first.

We tried to mix in a few of the quiet ones so that people wouldn't question why any of us were alive if we started to participate.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

newarenanow wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:So, forgive me for being a noob, but...

Did the reds know exactly who each other was from the start? In other words was there ever a chance they could have killed one of their own that first night?

Also, I gather that the reds were told what the item breakdown was from the start. Right?

Can Shaf explain why he sat on the information as long as he did? I'm not sure I understand the thinking there.

And obhave, why me? ;)
Yes, in almost every warz games, the reds know each other, and can openly communicate via PM.

We had no idea of the item breakdown. We only knew our items we had in our PMs. That was it.

Can't answer for shaf, but the reason we killed you, you were making some sense and participating and paying attention. That is a bad guys worse enemy. That is why we went after those people first.

We tried to mix in a few of the quiet ones so that people wouldn't question why any of us were alive if we started to participate.
There's nothing like knowing that the reds are keeping you alive as useful driftwood. :lol:
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

newarenanow wrote:To be honest, there was a reason we went after bhaw first. When we got our PMs, obhave noticed that bhaw was on here at the same time as her. When we were doing the night 1 kill, she said we should go after him because it seemed like he got a PM and was visibly the only one on here. So we did, and what do you know, it worked.

You know that's funny, I was thinking that might be the reason during the game. But I never hide my status and use so many different devices to access the board that I must appear in the online list constantly. That's why hiding my status might actually be an indication that I had a special role.

Hard to figure out which way to go on that one.
Benny Fitz
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Benny Fitz »

re: bhaw - he'd have thrived in the detective role, too.

it would have been a totally different game. bhaw would have been the equivalent of redwill. he would have had a ton of information and been able to make sure the guests didnt wander too far off course.
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by obhave »

newarenanow wrote:To be honest, there was a reason we went after bhaw first. When we got our PMs, obhave noticed that bhaw was on here at the same time as her. When we were doing the night 1 kill, she said we should go after him because it seemed like he got a PM and was visibly the only one on here. So we did, and what do you know, it worked.

I'm pretty sure he even had his online status as hidden, but he made a post in NHR which is what I noticed.
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by obhave »

ExPatriatePen wrote:You know that's funny, I was thinking that might be the reason during the game. But I never hide my status and use so many different devices to access the board that I must appear in the online list constantly. That's why hiding my status might actually be an indication that I had a special role.

if you are planning on continuing playing warz, you should just keep your status as hidden all the time.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

obhave wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:You know that's funny, I was thinking that might be the reason during the game. But I never hide my status and use so many different devices to access the board that I must appear in the online list constantly. That's why hiding my status might actually be an indication that I had a special role.

if you are planning on continuing playing warz, you should just keep your status as hidden all the time.

Exactly. I keep mine hidden at all times because of this. Also because I want to be sneaky.
Benny Fitz
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Benny Fitz »

columbia wrote:
Kraftster wrote:Also, one of our other goals in putting this together was to do something that can be duplicated again in the future. I think we accomplished that -- -- possibly a tweak or two for the reds now that the mechanics are understood -- so if anyone would like to run a clue wars and wants to chat about anything with Benny and I, would be more than happy to share our thoughts. I know we'd both love to be on the playing side of a clue wars too!
Interesting...a new template.
There was a lot of bellyaching about the success of the village, but I think everyone was pretty thrown off by the set up.....In a good way, to be honest.
sans the goofy write-ups though. Just randomly assign clues, then roles, then send out the PM's and MOD. should be an easy duplication.

We just wanted the write-up to be entertaining the 1st time through. Did anyone recognize our host? I'm guessing EPP and columbia might.
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by obhave »

benny and kraft, the write ups were awesome btw :thumb:
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Benny Fitz wrote:
We just wanted the write-up to be entertaining the 1st time through. Did anyone recognize our host? I'm guessing EPP and columbia might.
Sure, I like Bauhaus. :pop:
Benny Fitz
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Benny Fitz »

columbia wrote:
Benny Fitz wrote:
ha. great reference.
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

columbia wrote:
Benny Fitz wrote:
If no one did, they need to go rent some movies.

Bela's dead. :D
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

IrishEyes wrote:
columbia wrote:
Benny Fitz wrote:
If no one did, they need to go rent some movies.

Bela's dead. :D
Bela died almost a year to the day before I was born... Some have suggested I was his re-incarnation

/ QueCreepyExPat "comment"
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

That's creepy.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by ExPatriatePen »

By the way "Murders in Rue Morgue" is a film for the ages. It's a must watch at the end of April.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Is my online status not hidden? I don't get email notifications of PMs. So the fact that I was on at the same time as obhave was purely coincidence.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

I was genuinely AFK for most of the first two (RL) days. I really felt bad about that and so wanted to make a splash when I had time to be on. My plan, as should be obvious, was to give the village the structure needed to weed out the baddies via the clues. The point was that, without the seer, that plan would be mostly worthless. It would take so many turns to narrow down the clues that the village might get one of us -- namely me -- but by that time we would have killed so many that we would have won.

That all went out the window when we lost obhave. There simply were not enough of us to survive long enough. I had to continue going, though, because ps87 really picked up on it and pushed it.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Great game guys. I liked the twist on the game. Lack of participation by some really hurt the blues. I also didn't get shaf holding out the info. When it came out that the murderer was leaving clues it would be important to know as much as possible. Redwill played a great game. If obhave doesn't get killed I think the reds win easy.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

PS87 has about 78 posts a day, but has been awol.
I hope he isn't dead in the basement.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

It feels good to actually do something good in warz instead of completely screwing the village up like usual.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

Thank you obhave for killing yourself in the game, you are the only 1 of the 3 baddies that I wasn't suspicious of. I was suspicious of redwill for a while and I was getting the feeling he was trying to seem too good with how he was acting, and I've seen him pull over a lot on the village of the past. NAN is just NAN and anytime he lives that long, you have worry he is a baddie. You, on the other hand, seemed blue. You guys would have probably ran away with the game if you lived.

Thanks to Kraft and Benny for this game, it was awesome. For the first time in a while, I really got into this game. I wish I could have posted the last day phase or so and helped things move along (and sorry for that long night phase too, that was my fault).