TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: TV Shows

Post by MWB »

columbia wrote:Your own channel?
That's slick.
Own channel and owner of all lgp three letter initials.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

I'm getting really sick of these lame antagonists every season in true blood. Eliminates any chance of my enjoying the show.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

canaan wrote:
eddysnake wrote:Anyone watch "Camelot" on starz? I see it's on netflix streaming, but have not heard much about it?
I watched the first couple and didn't mind it but the fiennes brother got unbearable to me... He was the reason I stopped watching flash forward
I made it through less than one episode for determining that the show wasn't worthwhile.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Idoit40fans wrote:
canaan wrote:
eddysnake wrote:Anyone watch "Camelot" on starz? I see it's on netflix streaming, but have not heard much about it?
I watched the first couple and didn't mind it but the fiennes brother got unbearable to me... He was the reason I stopped watching flash forward
I made it through less than one episode for determining that the show wasn't worthwhile.
i dont fault you for that decision.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

canaan wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:
canaan wrote:
i dont fault you for that decision.
I avoided Camelot and started watching the Larry Sanders Show, I'm liking my decision very much.
pens2005
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by pens2005 »

Almost finished with the first season of The Wire. How on this green earth did I let this show slip through the cracks for so long? I an utterly amazed at how amazing the acting is in this series. Absolutely love this show!!!

Wow.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

pens2005 wrote:Almost finished with the first season of The Wire. How on this green earth did I let this show slip through the cracks for so long? I an utterly amazed at how amazing the acting is in this series. Absolutely love this show!!!

Wow.
I agree. I never watched it until 2 months ago. I already finished all 5 seasons, and am almost done with season 1 again.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

pens2005 wrote:I an utterly amazed at how amazing the acting is in this series.
the school principal in season 4 balances the equation
pens2005
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by pens2005 »

shmenguin wrote:
pens2005 wrote:I an utterly amazed at how amazing the acting is in this series.
the school principal in season 4 balances the equation
pretty bad, huh?
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

Curb was great last night. I could easily watch an entire show of Larry David and Ricky Gervais just talking with each other.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by llipgh2 »

eddysnake wrote:Curb was great last night. I could easily watch an entire show of Larry David and Ricky Gervais just talking with each other.
The best two episodes of the season so far were last night's, and "Palestinian Chicken".
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Heard via Mary McCormack's twitter today that In Plain Sight is only returning for an 8 epsiode fifth & final season, much like Law & Order: Criminal Intent was given this year.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

relantel wrote:Law & Order: Criminal Intent was given this year.
I was cool with the way that show ended....Bobby seemed to be finally coming to peace with his crazyness.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

relantel wrote:Heard via Mary McCormack's twitter today that In Plain Sight is only returning for an 8 epsiode fifth & final season, much like Law & Order: Criminal Intent was given this year.
I liked that show, I wish they'd have played up the New Mexico angle a bit more though. Sante Fe, Taos, and ABQ are such great areas, so beautiful.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

eddysnake wrote:Curb was great last night. I could easily watch an entire show of Larry David and Ricky Gervais just talking with each other.
I never really liked the show, but I was watching it after True Blood last night. I can't help but want to punch Larry David in the face any time I see him on camera. That bias probably ruins the show for me, but there is nothing I can do about it. I find nothing in the show funny.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

llipgh2 wrote:
The best two episodes of the season so far were last night's, and "Palestinian Chicken".
i didn't like last night's that much. the week before was much better.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

Idoit40fans wrote:
I never really liked the show, but I was watching it after True Blood last night. I can't help but want to punch Larry David in the face any time I see him on camera. That bias probably ruins the show for me, but there is nothing I can do about it. I find nothing in the show funny.
I'd say that plays a big part in you not liking the show. I feel the exact opposite and actually find LD very likable, Ricky Gervais played a good jagoff last night, I wonder how close that was to his actual self...
pens2005
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by pens2005 »

Idoit40fans wrote:
totally agree
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

eddysnake wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:
I'd say that plays a big part in you not liking the show. I feel the exact opposite and actually find LD very likable, Ricky Gervais played a good jagoff last night, I wonder how close that was to his actual self...
Yeah when they were in the diner and had that conversation about waiters eavesdropping, I turned the show off as that scene was ending...or at least I think it was. I just never understood the appeal of the show.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

pens2005 wrote:Almost finished with the first season of The Wire. How on this green earth did I let this show slip through the cracks for so long? I an utterly amazed at how amazing the acting is in this series. Absolutely love this show!!!

Wow.
One of my all time favorites. So many great characters... I watch the full series at least once each off season.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

Curb is great. That is all.
Steve
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Steve »

I didn't watch Curb until last season, i need to go back and watch some of the old episodes.

I think Funkhouser is my fav character, that dude cracks me up.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

$8M for Cole.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

pittsports87 wrote:$8M for Cole.