The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: 93.7 The Fan Now On

Post by jimjom »

Prisuita threw Clark under the bus for how he treats media and for wearing Sean Taylor's number on his practice jersey. WOW that's pretty deep to hear on the Steeler flagship.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

bendel is from the mean streetz of mckeesport.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

jimjom wrote:Prisuita threw Clark under the bus for how he treats media and for wearing Sean Taylor's number on his practice jersey. WOW that's pretty deep to hear on the Steeler flagship.
Why exactly would someone have a problem with wearing Sean Taylor's number at practice, but it's ok for Ben to wear Stark's?
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Can someone link the Bendel v. Clark thing?
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jimjom »

Malkamaniac wrote:
jimjom wrote:Prisuita threw Clark under the bus for how he treats media and for wearing Sean Taylor's number on his practice jersey. WOW that's pretty deep to hear on the Steeler flagship.
Why exactly would someone have a problem with wearing Sean Taylor's number at practice, but it's ok for Ben to wear Stark's?
Yeah, even Krenn and Baumann made that point and backed off of what Prisuta was saying about Taylor...he was of the mind that "the guy's dead, move on" and the hosts brought up that they were close friends and teammates.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

Yeah, that was some pretty interesting radio. The funniest part about it is when he was talking about if Clark and Bendel actually came to blows, that Bendel "would take him down with a double move like everyone else does." Lulz
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

jimjom wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:
Yeah, even Krenn and Baumann made that point and backed off of what Prisuta was saying about Taylor...he was of the mind that "the guy's dead, move on" and the hosts brought up that they were close friends and teammates.
Yea, but I'd imagine Prisuita thought it was endearing that Starks had his jersey worn by BIG BENNY BOY BECAUSE THEY WERE JUST GREAT FRIENDS.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Wow...Prisuta needs to not do that.
PensOnDVD
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by PensOnDVD »

Prisuta bashing Clark for wearing the number of a murdered ex-teammate? That's weak. Not as weak as his claiming the Pens should sign Joby Messier years ago and practically begging CP to do it.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

PensOnDVD wrote:Prisuta bashing Clark for wearing the number of a murdered ex-teammate? That's weak. Not as weak as his claiming the Pens should sign Joby Messier years ago and practically begging CP to do it.
you mean the same Joby Messier who played about 5 games in the ECHL?

edit: forgot about Joby. I was thinking it was Messier's son.

Joby, 25 games in the NHL: http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdis ... p?pid=3687" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lyon, who played about 20 games in the ECHL: http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdis ... pid=106922" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jimjom »

Mueller was fired up tonight about the media's treatment of the Bendel-Clark altercation. Good for him, someone on the Fan had to say it. It's a shame it was at 12:30 AM but nonetheless, I didn't hear Starkey and Miller or the morning show talk about it. Didn't hear Vinnie-Cook so not sure if they did or not.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

jimjom wrote:Mueller was fired up tonight about the media's treatment of the Bendel-Clark altercation. Good for him, someone on the Fan had to say it. It's a shame it was at 12:30 AM but nonetheless, I didn't hear Starkey and Miller or the morning show talk about it. Didn't hear Vinnie-Cook so not sure if they did or not.

What's the issue with this? I'm just curious what's so controversial about it.
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jimjom »

Bendel and Clark almost got into a fight because Clark took exception to an innocuous question Bendel asked.

There is video of the incident but the station that has it won't play it or mention it and no media outlets except for DVE/X/970 brought it up.

He was making 2 points- first, why do most media outlets bow down to the mighty Steelers in W. PA and second, why does something not newsworthy like Dancing with the Stars make the lead story on the news but this gets ignored.
Ned Braden
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Ned Braden »

A whole lot of no Seibel lately because of his concussion .. Starkey's been off .. Miller, too ... any thoughts of the various afternoon combinations?
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Bioshock »

Yeah, the more i listen to Prisuta, the more i'm realizing that he has to be one of the most self-righteous and arrogant people on the radio. I'm actually starting to think that he has a more inflated view of himself than Rob Rossi, which is really hard to do.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

Ned Braden wrote:A whole lot of no Seibel lately because of his concussion .. Starkey's been off .. Miller, too ... any thoughts of the various afternoon combinations?
Colin Dunlap is the most entertaining personality they have. Interesting without being annoying. I like him.
pensfan1989
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by pensfan1989 »

Eismann wrote:
Ned Braden wrote:A whole lot of no Seibel lately because of his concussion .. Starkey's been off .. Miller, too ... any thoughts of the various afternoon combinations?
Colin Dunlap is the most entertaining personality they have. Interesting without being annoying. I like him.
Listened to him for about an hour today. Like his style and he isn't too overbearing/egotistical like Poni.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Eismann wrote:
Wow. Thats actually the complete opposite of my oppionin of Dunlap. I was totally backing the guy during the Bill Stewart crap, but just can-not- stand him on the Fan. He just seems whiny and tryin to be too much like Madden schick. But again, that has just been my opinion, nothing against either or you
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

I hate Dunlap. He takes some minute aspect of a call that is in correct (someone said there were 32 MLB stadiums not 30) and that's all he says for like a minute CMON MAN THERE ARE THRITY NOT THIRTY TWO ARE YOU STUPID MAN?! and the point has nothing to do with the call. So unbearable
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:I hate Dunlap. He takes some minute aspect of a call that is in correct (someone said there were 32 MLB stadiums not 30) and that's all he says for like a minute CMON MAN THERE ARE THRITY NOT THIRTY TWO ARE YOU STUPID MAN?! and the point has nothing to do with the call. So unbearable
Exactly. Someone called in and made a joke about the Pirates, said something about that part in Major League when the Indians were winning and the Japanese groundskeepers said "They still suck." Except the caller said Chinese groundskeepers. Dunlap corrected him and was still bringing it up during other calls 30 minutes later. "Chinese/Japanese, well they're all the same....so says one caller" Making it out like the guy was being a blatant racist. He just keeps harping on things callers say for ever even when other callers or segments have moved on.
IronDukes37
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IronDukes37 »

Last edited by IronDukes37 on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by IanMoran »

IronDukes37 wrote:
....Making it out like the guy was being a blatant racist. He just keeps harping on things callers say for ever even when other callers or segments have moved on.
He has serious issues.
Really.
Not just with the radio show. He is manic sometimes.
Check out his twitter account and his twitter "friend" Yinzer and how they pester John Perrotto endlessly.
They did the same thing about Lacy Collins.
This is the same guy that went on and on about the John Mehno/Marshall Dylan thing for days.
I don't know about a "serious issue," but it is obvious he is a bitter, bitter man that holds grudges for extended periods
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

the fan still is still in business?
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

Malkamaniac wrote:the fan still is still in business?
Yes, it still is still in business.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

I thought Dunlap and Burton had good chemistry when they were on together last week