Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by joopen »

I hate being called by work on my day off... In case you haven't figured it out, I'M NOT ANSWERING THE PHONE!

Also my dad has an annoying habit of literally within 5 minutes of leaving he has to call and tell me something. EVERY TIME!
Why Not Us
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Why Not Us »

Also my dad has an annoying habit of literally within 5 minutes of leaving he has to call and tell me something. EVERY TIME!
My mom does this.
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

People coming into the office without an appointment and asking to see my boss.

It's a law office. Appointments are nearly 2 weeks down the line, and you think you can just show up and be seen? You're crazy!!
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by obhave »

IrishEyes wrote:People coming into the office without an appointment and asking to see my boss.

It's a law office. Appointments are nearly 2 weeks down the line, and you think you can just show up and be seen? You're crazy!!
But I am just so much more important than all of those people.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

IrishEyes wrote:People coming into the office without an appointment and asking to see my boss.

People are idiots.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

People in hospitals are pretty bad too. Its ridiculous.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by JeffDFD »

I think it was mentioned before either in this thread or another, but I hate it when people...whether talking or writing (quite a few guilty parties here), use the phrase "all in all." Maybe it stems back to my high school speech teacher who would dock us points if we ever said things like "all in all" or " in conclusion."

Look, if you are forming a valuable argument and if you move forward to summarize your point - your audience can figure it out, especially when you stop talking. If you have done a good job and have intelligence you do not need to wake us up with something that basically says "ok, stop ignoring me now and pay attention to this last sentence so you can pretend you heard/care about what I have said"
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

JeffDFD wrote:I think it was mentioned before either in this thread or another, but I hate it when people...whether talking or writing (quite a few guilty parties here), use the phrase "all in all." Maybe it stems back to my high school speech teacher who would dock us points if we ever said things like "all in all" or " in conclusion."

Look, if you are forming a valuable argument and if you move forward to summarize your point - your audience can figure it out, especially when you stop talking. If you have done a good job and have intelligence you do not need to wake us up with something that basically says "ok, stop ignoring me now and pay attention to this last sentence so you can pretend you heard/care about what I have said"
All in all, I agree with what you are saying.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by JeffDFD »

pittsports87 wrote:
JeffDFD wrote:I think it was mentioned before either in this thread or another, but I hate it when people...whether talking or writing (quite a few guilty parties here), use the phrase "all in all." Maybe it stems back to my high school speech teacher who would dock us points if we ever said things like "all in all" or " in conclusion."

I would have bet $1000 dollars that that was going to immediately happen after I posted...haha
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

JeffDFD wrote:
pittsports87 wrote:

I would have bet $1000 dollars that that was going to immediately happen after I posted...haha
I concur.

In conclusion, the use of these worthless phrases gets out of hand in our verbal conversations.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

slappybrown... just not a fan of the guy
jprolley
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by jprolley »

"have a blessed day"

you know what im talking about :pop:
jprolley
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by jprolley »

parents who give their kids those "unique" names when in all actuality they aren't very unique considering so many other parents are using the same name.

(ex. Nevaeh)
jprolley
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by jprolley »

ROOT sports running that andrew mccutchen commercial every other break telling us how he used to go the lake and skip rocks.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

His name is Peeves.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Physical_Graffiti »

Did you just do exactly that right there?
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

pittsports87 wrote:People are idiots.
The answer to (and cause of) many of life's problems.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Physical_Graffiti »

I thought that was booze?
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

Smoking smokers who smoke right next to the "No Smoking" signs by the entrances and walkways to my office building. Thanks for the privilege of inhaling your crypt-stink, you ashen puff zombies. Please gather yourselves all together and hang each other.

/nothing. Nothing is ended until you tar coughers quit infecting the rest of the non-death-fume-loving population. Go find a cave far away and choke yourselves to your pleasurable ends, which is what you're doing now anyhow. Hock-ptui.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Go easy on me; I quit 4 months ago.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by JeffDFD »

Eismann wrote:Smoking smokers who smoke right next to the "No Smoking" signs by the entrances and walkways to my office building. Thanks for the privilege of inhaling your crypt-stink, you ashen puff zombies. Please gather yourselves all together and hang each other.

/nothing. Nothing is ended until you tar coughers quit infecting the rest of the non-death-fume-loving population. Go find a cave far away and choke yourselves to your pleasurable ends, which is what you're doing now anyhow. Hock-ptui.
Ha...someone needs a hug.

But yeah, that is really annoying.
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

jprolley wrote:parents who give their kids those "unique" names when in all actuality they aren't very unique considering so many other parents are using the same name.

(ex. Nevaeh)
OMG THAT'S HEAVEN BACKWARDS
NAOMI IMOAN LOL
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

"everything happens for a reason". Orly? A zillion kids in Africa whose existences are nothing but pain would like to have a word.
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Not saying I'm at your mom's house, not saying I'm not.

Post by Chefpatrick871 »

Nonsmokers who ***** about people smoking OUTSIDE! You already have buildings most bars and all eateries.

Leary was right soon you'll only be able to smoke in your house with the lights off under the blankets.
Why Not Us
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Why Not Us »

I concur, f(orget) smokers.