Irish Revolution Warz Post Game Thread

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Irish Revolution Warz Post Game Thread

Post by obhave »

Congratulations to the Republicans and Citizens!

History repeated itself and the Irish Republic was officially born!

Here are your role players:

Republicans:

Richard Mclcahy (vig) played by Zarovich
Richard Mulcahy (vig)
You are the Military leader of the IRA. Due to your military prowess in the art of guerrilla warfare you have the ability to kill those who try to stop the revolution. Every even night you will be given a grenade. You can choose to save your grenades, but may only have 2 at a time. If you are attacked while holding onto a grenade, you will take the one who killed you down with you. You may use 0-2 grenades any given night.
President Eamon De Valera (angel) played by nan
President Eamon De Valera (Angel)
You are the protector of your possible new realm. As such, you can protect anyone you wish, including yourself every night. You may protect the same person on consecutive nights.
Michael Collins (seer) played by relantel
Michael Collins (Seer)
You are the intelligence behind the entire revolution. As such, you can view the identity of any player each night.

From farmers to business men, you are loved. With this love comes loyalty. On or after night 3, you have the power to convince and thus recruit a citizen into the Irish Republican Army. If you recruit should fail, you DO NOT lose it. If you choose to recruit, you lose your ability to see that night since you will be too busy gaining the trust and loyalty of your fellow Irishmen. If the recruit is successful, you may communicate with your recruit.
IRA member (recruit) played by Kraftster
IRA member (recruit)
Welcome! The fearless leader of the Irish Revolution, Michael Collins, has recruited you. You may communicate with Michael Collins, relantel, through PM s.

You have two powers that you can choose to use. You can use each power once, and may only use one power during any given phase.
Powers:
Night Roleblock
Night Kill

The British
Congratulations! You have a role in the Irish Revolution. You are fighting to keep Ireland under British control. You may all talk to each other during day and night phases through PM

British General (Alpha) –
Troy Loney
You are the head of the British Army stationed in Ireland. Although you look down on the barbaric tactics of the Irish Republican Army (IRA), you do your best to take them seriously. You have the final word on all actions taken by the Unionists and those still loyal to the crown. You have the ability to kill during the night phases.

As the General, you can also recruit. You have only two recruits, if your attempts to recruit should fail you DO NOT lose the recruit. If you recruit, you lose your ability to kill that night. You cannot recruit until Night 3. If you die, your recruiting ability dies with you.

Royal Irish Constabulary policemen -
Gaucho
You are a Catholic policemen fighting to keep the peace and Ireland under the rule of the King of England. The British Army relies on you to be their eyes and ears. As such, during night phases you can see the identity of any player. However, if you choose to use your see, the British General cannot kill or recruit that night.

Note: between the British general and the RIC policemen, you can use only ONE ability a night. You may either kill, see, or recruit. PM must come from Alpha with the final decision.

Bishop of Kilmore (British protector) - columbia
As a Bishop you believe it is your responsibility to protect those that are doing the moral right. You don't believe your country men have a chance or hope of success, so your allegiance is with the British. You view any life taken by the rebellious is murder and not accepted by the church as just. As a protector, you can protect any of those loyal to the King, including yourself. You may protect twice during the game, either during the day or night.
Unionist (recruit) played by c2i
Unionist (recruits)
Welcome! The British Army has recruited you into their fold. You are loyal to the crown. You may talk to all of the reds still alive, troy loney, gaucho, columbia
Independent

Disgruntled farmer played by the wicked child

Disgruntled farmer
You are an Irishman through and through. The pains of British rule still fresh in your memory. However, after the IRA attacked your town and burnt down your hay shed, you cannot bring yourself to support such barbarians. What to do? Survive. Your ultimate goal is to survive. Every other night you can kill. Your first kill is on night 4.
Citizens:

All of the citizens were split into two groups: Republicans and Unionists. This was only for the purpose of recruiting. Republicans could be recruited by the greens and unionists could be recruited by the reds.
list from random.org
thehockeyguru - rep
mac5155 – rep
MWB - rep
Kraftster - rep
Rylan - rep
fleury495 - rep
IrishEyes – rep
Godric - un
pittsports87 -un
bhaw -un
Benny Fitz -un
the errey i breathe -un
ulf – un
count2infinity- un

Blue games:

Winners would get this PM:
Congratulations! You have won a [].

Here's the story: Your prize has a power associated with it. Please inform me and redwill if you wish to use your prize. If you choose to use your prize I will send a PM to you with power it holds. You must choose if you would like to use it before the end of this day phase.

Note: You are NOT allowed to tell people that you have won the prize. If you tell people you have won and what power you have been awarded, it will make your prize obsolete and you will be mod killed.
winners:
Labour strike - c2i
Labour Strikes –
The labour strikes were used throughout Ireland as a way of rebelling for those not in the IRA. The railroad workers and other public workers would go on strike, making it impossible for the British to move their supplies. Without supplies, the British cannot fight as effectively.

Due to lack of supplies, the labour strike causes a roleblock of the Alpha red this night, Night 2.

Dictionary - ps87
Dictionary -
Actually, a slang dictionary for the weary American tourist wantin ta know the lay of de land. For a wee bit a fun, ye must use Irish slang and/or dialect in every post. If ya do not include it in posts where ya vote, yar vote will not be counted. If ya go 2 posts without Irish slang, you will be viewed as a Brit for your lack of Irish dialect and shall be mod-killed.
Martyr – bhaw
Martyr – You are now Terence MacSwiney who was a brave man. You are on a hunger strike for your country, trying to help while you are in jail. You have a choice – stay alive or choose to die. If you choose to die for your country, something good might result from it. If you are killed by RP s or during a day phase by the Citizens, the good will not result. You must make the choice to die for there to be a possible reward. PM redwill and me, once you have made your choice.
If he choose to die, all the blue unionists turned into republicans so no more recruits for the reds.

Portrait - thg
Portrait:

Portrait of the Young Man as an Artist, involves a character who is filled with disdain for politics, the church, and sometimes Ireland as a whole. Due to this annoyance, you are so frustrated that you do not want to, nor can you vote or speak the next day phase, Day 6.
Prizes (randomized by random.org)
Labour strikes – roleblock of alpha
Dictionary – must post with Irish slang in each post
Martyr – can choose to die for their country, good will come of it
Portrait – Disdain for politics, cannot speak or vote that day phase
Shamrock – not actually lucky (me family's belief anyway) will take one less vote to kill you
Hurling stick – may protect yourself with this.
Bomb – day kill
Guinness – must post like you are drunk

I wanted to play more of the games, but at some point there were really no blues left.

Actions:

Night 1
nan – self protect
rel – see c2i
troy – kill twc
c2i- won Labour Strike

Night 2:
nan – self protect
rel – see benny
troy – kill nan
c2i – used Labour strikes (role block alpha)
ps87 – won dictionary

Night 3:
nan – self protect
rel – recruit kraftster
troy – recruit c2i

Night 4:
nan – self protect
troy – recruit MWB (failed)
bhaw – won Martyr

Day 4:
bhaw - choose to die
columbia – self protect

Night 5:

Zaro – kill columbia
nan – self protect
rel – see thg
troy – kill nan
columbia – self protect
thg – won Portrait

Night 6:
Zaro – kill IE
nan – self protect
rel – see gaucho
troy – kill nan
Kraftster – kill troy

Night 7
nan – self protect
rel – see mac
columbia (new alpha)– kill rel
Kraftster – block columbia

Night 8
nan- self protect
rel – see godric
c2i (new alpha) – kill nan

Night 9
nan- self protect
rel - see c2i
c2i - kill rel

nan, bravo on your protects.

The reds attempted a kill on nan each time, except for twc and rel. Nan protected himself each time. The reason the first rel kill attempt failed was due to kraftster roleblocking columbia. Night 2 was interesting, because they attempted to kill nan, but due to the labour strike that c2i won, the kill was blocked. Nan would of been saved anyway by his self-protect.

I loved the Martyr idea, which was all redwill's idea. :thumb:

Thanks redwill for helping this new mod out! Thanks for playing everyone!
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: Irish Revolution Warz Post Game Thread

Post by Gaucho »

Great game, it has been a lot of fun. But I do have to say those blue games made it really hard on us reds.

Did I mention I felt dirty being an imperialist pig? :lol:

Oh, why couldn't we recruit MWB?
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Great game! Thanks for modding. I really like the different "awards."
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

I was republican and could only be recruited by greens.
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by obhave »

Gaucho wrote:Great game, it has been a lot of fun. But I do have to say those blue games made it really hard on us reds.

Did I mention I felt dirty being an imperialist pig? :lol:

Oh, why couldn't we recruit MWB?
In the end only the martyr one hurt you since your kill on nan would of failed without the labour strike. Just the luck of random.org as to which ones were used...

You couldn't recruit MWB because he was in the "republican" half of the citizens, he needed to be in the "unionist" for it to work.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

Nice game.

Poor TWC. Died on night one as the ISK lolololol
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by obhave »

Zarovich wrote:Nice game.

Yeah I was sad he got killed so early
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Ah, I missed that. Interesting twist.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

So the green recruit Kaftster could kill and roleblock, while the red recruit c2i could do... nothing at all? :pop:
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by obhave »

Gaucho wrote:So the green recruit Kaftster could kill and roleblock, while the red recruit c2i could do... nothing at all? :pop:
you had two recruits if they worked, and if reds died, you never lost your ability to kill. I thought it was fair :lol:
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Going against two Angels was definitely tough for the reds.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Yeah, things seemed pretty even to me.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Zarovich wrote:Nice game.

Before I even knew I was the ISK.

But I was busy enough at work to not mind.

Solid job though obhave.
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by obhave »

columbia wrote:Going against two Angels was definitely tough for the reds.
huh?
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Yeah, I guess we just were a little unlucky with our night actions early on.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

obhave wrote:
huh?
Kraftster's ability to block us.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Disgruntled farmer
You are an Irishman through and through. The pains of British rule still fresh in your memory. However, after the IRA attacked your town and burnt down your hay shed, you cannot bring yourself to support such barbarians. What to do? Survive. Your ultimate goal is to survive. Every other night you can kill. Your first kill is on night 4.
My role claim wasn't too far off of what TWC actually had.
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by obhave »

columbia wrote:
obhave wrote:
huh?
Kraftster's ability to block us.
Yeah, he picked you specifically (without knowing you even had a red role), and since you were the new alpha your kill failed. If he had picked c2i or gaucho your kill would of succeeded.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

columbia wrote:
Disgruntled farmer
Yeah, wasn't your claim that was the problem, it was the fact you couldn't die.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Knowing that he is a clever and sneaky little bastard, we thought about recruiting Kraftster ourselves. Which, of course, would've failed, too.
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by obhave »

Gaucho wrote:Knowing that he is a clever and sneaky little bastard, we thought about recruiting Kraftster ourselves. Which, of course, would've failed, too.
I was shocked when both the first red recruit and the green recruit on night 3 both were successful.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

MWB wrote:
columbia wrote:
Disgruntled farmer
Yeah, wasn't your claim that was the problem, it was the fact you couldn't die.
I figured that I had to come up with some sort of explanation for why you couldn't kill me in the daytime.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Having said that,I could have been more low key about it.
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by obhave »

I feel really bad for fleury495. He really wanted to play, but then he goes an accidently inactivates his account on Tuesday :face:
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Yeah...that was weird.
Just plain disappeared.