TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: TV Shows

Post by meecrofilm »

Carcillo Flyers jersey in Scott Caan's office in Entourage. What a ******.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

meecrofilm wrote:Carcillo Flyers jersey in Scott Caan's office in Entourage. What a ******.
A few seasons ago E is looking at his cell phone and has a text from Dan Carcillo.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

Idoit40fans wrote:
meecrofilm wrote:Carcillo Flyers jersey in Scott Caan's office in Entourage. What a ******.
A few seasons ago E is looking at his cell phone and has a text from Dan Carcillo.
That is very strange. I wonder what the affinity for Carcillo is on that show.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Kraftster wrote:I know I've said this before, but Extreme Chef is one of the worst shows I've seen.
i've only seen the commercials, but it looks like it takes the word "contrived" to a new level.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

Just finished The Wire in its entirety last night. Some thoughts...
Spoiler:
- Overall, I was happy with how it ended. At least they brought closure to mostly everything, unlike The Sopranos.

- Seasons 1 and 4 were my favorites. 2 and 3 were pretty good. I liked 5, although I thought the whole media thing was a boring storyline. I was that Templeton would have gotten his instead of winning a Pulitzer.

- I liked the endings to the following storylines: Bubbles finally being accepted by his family. Michael turning into the next Omar. McNulty and Freamon being able to retire and not face charges. Snoop getting hers (I hated her character). Cheese getting his. Wee-bay and Chris hanging out in jail.

- I wished a different fate on these characters: Hated to see Omar go, especially in the way he did. I wish Marlo would have rotted in prison. Always liked Pro Joe, so it sucked seeing him go (at least revenge was had). I wish Clay Davis would have been found guilty. And I hated seeing Rawls get promoted at the end. I thought he was a ***** from episode 1.

Its too bad this show only lasted 5 seasons. They could have done more if they wanted to. I think that I am going to start over and watch them all again until all the new shows start this fall.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:Just finished The Wire in its entirety last night. Some thoughts...
Spoiler:
- Overall, I was happy with how it ended. At least they brought closure to mostly everything, unlike The Sopranos.

- Seasons 1 and 4 were my favorites. 2 and 3 were pretty good. I liked 5, although I thought the whole media thing was a boring storyline. I was that Templeton would have gotten his instead of winning a Pulitzer.

- I liked the endings to the following storylines: Bubbles finally being accepted by his family. Michael turning into the next Omar. McNulty and Freamon being able to retire and not face charges. Snoop getting hers (I hated her character). Cheese getting his. Wee-bay and Chris hanging out in jail.

- I wished a different fate on these characters: Hated to see Omar go, especially in the way he did. I wish Marlo would have rotted in prison. Always liked Pro Joe, so it sucked seeing him go (at least revenge was had). I wish Clay Davis would have been found guilty. And I hated seeing Rawls get promoted at the end. I thought he was a ***** from episode 1.

Its too bad this show only lasted 5 seasons. They could have done more if they wanted to. I think that I am going to start over and watch them all again until all the new shows start this fall.
Spoiler:
it's a shame david simon had such an axe to grind with the newspaper industry. there are about 10 people left in the world who could give a crap about newspapers. bad, bad story line.

such a good show, though. i've watched the whole thing start to finish 3 separate times.i still haven't decided whose death was the hardest to watch - wallace, bodie or omar.
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

Urijah Faber guess-starred on Leverage last night. It was pretty cool.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

I'm so behind on my shows now. Been on the road for 3 weeks. Only home for one day. Tomorrow leaving for Germany and I won't be home for a while again.

But, I've been able to watch Curb. I am really enjoying these episodes. I thought last year was pretty bad. Didn't like about half the episodes. So far this year, I am cracking up like a madman. The one with the Swedish lawyer was one the best ones I've seen. Poor Larry HAD to have a Jewish guy... lol.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

New Jersey Shore season starts tonight :pop: Can't wait to see....
Spoiler:
Ronnie beat the crap out of Mike.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

pittsports87 wrote:New Jersey Shore season starts tonight :pop: Can't wait to see....
Spoiler:
Ronnie beat the crap out of Mike.
So this is why my facebook wall if flooded with annoying "Jersday" updates from females
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

just watched the Castle season finale.
Spoiler:
holy crap.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

I thought Dane Cook on Louie was pretty interesting.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Physical_Graffiti »

SNL: Remembering Phil Hartman ftw
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

This Curb is everything I love about Larry David. So perfect.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

Kraftster wrote:This Curb is everything I love about Larry David. So perfect.
What a great episode, LD is brilliant.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Falling Skies season finale last night.

Without spoilers, cannot help to wonder if last night's two hours should have been the series pilot.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

More on Falling Skies - finally gets really good and they have a season break until Summer 2012. :(

(And while annoying, perhaps is not quite as annoying as watching the Castle finale and its cliffhanger, and having to wait another 6 weeks to see the conclusion. Guess I should be happy we didn't watch it in May!)
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Top Shot is back :thumb:
Spoiler:
Nobody I hate, so far, which is good. I wasn't surprised at all that Amanda was first to go. She missed almost every shot she took in the episode. I'd almost swear the only reason they cast her is that she looked a lot like the daughter from Sons of Guns.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Is it wrong to wish for the euthanasia of all the mothers on Toddlers and Tiaras?
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Point Breeze Penguins »

Nope
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Was watching Sprout with my daughter yesterday. Dirt Girl World scares the **** out of me.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

shafnutz05 wrote:Is it wrong to wish for the euthanasia of all the mothers on Toddlers and Tiaras?
not at all, but I think it's probably more wrong that you actually watch that.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

newarenanow wrote:Was watching Sprout with my daughter yesterday. Dirt Girl World scares the **** out of me.
There are some strange shows on there, the wriggles are very creepy. I'm a big fan of Kipper and Noddy (although I don't know if it's on anymore).
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

eddysnake wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:Is it wrong to wish for the euthanasia of all the mothers on Toddlers and Tiaras?
not at all, but I think it's probably more wrong that you actually watch that.
I don't, but my wife watched a solid four hours of it on Sunday.
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Point Breeze Penguins »

Disney Junior > Nickelodeon