The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: 93.7 The Fan Now On

Post by Malkamaniac »

thehockeyguru wrote:The morning show could do without the soundeffects. I want to listen to sports talk not a three stooges routine.
The morning could do without the morning show to be honest.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

I was never a big Jim Colony fan. The fact that he is on the morning show is a testament to the lack of talent in Pittsburgh radio.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

At least its better than listening to Josh Miller talk about baseball or hockey.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Colony is not the problem.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

thehockeyguru wrote:The morning show could do without the soundeffects. I want to listen to sports talk not a three stooges routine.
HEY MAN!
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

DudeMan2766 wrote:WTF is wrong with Alexander? He has to get something removed from his arm? I ask because they keep calling it a sac, and have used every opportunity even when it doesnt present itself to mention it so they can say "sac" and giggle like 12 year old boys
they said he has an inflamed bursa sac (bursitis) in his elbow
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Fatal?
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Troy Loney wrote:Fatal?
i wish. he must either have a really bad case or be a huge woman. ive had several cases of bursitis in various locations and its just about rest, rehab, and strengthening
PensOnDVD
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by PensOnDVD »

Ryan Clark apparently got into a verbal snit with Joe Bendal at camp today.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

PensOnDVD wrote:Ryan Clark apparently got into a verbal snit with Joe Bendal at camp today.
Over what?

Joe Bendel has the dumbest sounding voice on the radio (non-Vinnie division). He just sounds dumb.
pens2005
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by pens2005 »

slappybrown wrote:
PensOnDVD wrote:Ryan Clark apparently got into a verbal snit with Joe Bendal at camp today.
Over what?

Joe Bendel has the dumbest sounding voice on the radio (non-Vinnie division). He just sounds dumb.
agreed...and when he talks something other than high school football, he sounds even dumber.
PensOnDVD
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by PensOnDVD »

It was CBA related. Apparently Clark thought Bendal was trying to get him to say something bad about Art II's role in it.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

Malkamaniac wrote:
wallflower wrote:I am convinced that Andrew Filiponi has a job because of people like my mom. She claims she finds him annoying, yet she still listens. :face:
People listen so they can complain about how much of an idiot he is. Seriously, he's 25, complains about everything, and is a low rate Mark Madden wannabe.
Except she doesn't complain. I've come to the conclusion that she is a sports talk radio addict - she listens all the time. I've informed her that my car is a No Sports Talk Radio Zone. (I also informed her it is smoke-free, which seemed to irritate her just as much. :lol: )
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

slappybrown wrote:
Over what?

Joe Bendel is horrible. Someone once told me he's much better than when he first started...I don't even want to imagine the train-wreck he was then if this is what he sounds like now.
IronDukes37
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IronDukes37 »

Last edited by IronDukes37 on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jimjom »

Ryan Clark thinks he's really super smart but he's not. He believes that he's really a great speaker and makes awesome points but he sounds misinformed and clueless. Any time he's on any station: Fan, DVE, X-- I turn it off. I can't stand him.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

jimjom wrote:Ryan Clark thinks he's really super smart but he's not. He believes that he's really a great speaker and makes awesome points but he sounds misinformed and clueless. Any time he's on any station: Fan, DVE, X-- I turn it off. I can't stand him.
I listened on the way home and that is exactly how he came across. Completely clueless but trying his best to sound smart and using big words over and over which made it seem like he just learned them specifically for the interview.

And to cite examples, he used the terms "in good faith" (referring to the owners negotiations) and said "collectively bargain" about 10 times each
spiritfan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by spiritfan »

Madden had a media scum on bout training camp and the guy mentioned the Bendel incident that almost went to blows and Madden completely ignored the guy but if this happened between two players Madden would be all over it... the biggest hypocrite in sports media broadcasting... will do anything for a story just as long as it doesn't involve the media brotherhood... losing credibility by the pound
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

If only he could lose weight.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

spiritfan wrote:the biggest hypocrite in sports media broadcasting... will do anything for a story just as long as it doesn't involve the media brotherhood
Or his athlete friends.
PensOnDVD
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by PensOnDVD »

Why would Madden give a "competitor" any free pub?

KDKA allegedly has it on video. Let's see if they show it.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

BUCCOS MADE LILY CRY

Curse you Buccos!

JHC please ban this woman.
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jimjom »

Just heard the Clark thing now, he gloated after Bendel asked a non inflammatory question about Rooney not stepping in for vets. Then he pointed in Bendel's face and he said "get your finger out of my face"-- not a Bendel fan but good for him for sticking up for himself to Clark.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Lol @ bendel v Clark. Whatcha gonna do then!!
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

spiritfan wrote:Madden had a media scum on bout training camp and the guy mentioned the Bendel incident that almost went to blows and Madden completely ignored the guy but if this happened between two players Madden would be all over it... the biggest hypocrite in sports media broadcasting... will do anything for a story just as long as it doesn't involve the media brotherhood... losing credibility by the pound
On my way home from work yesterday, Madden was talking about the Bendel thing. Said that he wouldn't bet against Bendel vs Clark. He also wondered if KDKA would show the video, or if DVE would play the audio (since they both had it). Sounds like to me that he didn't comment about it when some media guy brought it up until he gathered his own facts first. The fact that he questioned KDKA and DVE and if they would show / play what they had based on their loyalty to the Steelers, certainly doesnt sound like he is being a hypocrite by protecting the media.

BTW, DVE played the audio this AM and is talking about it now. Not sure if KDKA showed it.