Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Write a short story

Post by Rylan »

columbia wrote:<Talarian hook spider is hoping to be found in the sewers>

I'm enjoying this....keep it up gents.
This, I was disappointed when they were going to end it. Just a very enjoyable story so far, I have no idea what's going on but I like it haha
no name
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by no name »

Writers loop:

Redwill
canaan
The wicked child
Letang is the truth
no name

Letang is the truth is up now.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

With the loss of my eye-sight, my other senses strengthened. I barely remember the lablabyrinthian lay out of the foot paths in this hell hole, but was inexplicably led by one thing: the horrid stench. I could tell I was drawing near because the stank of death and feces strengthened with each cautious step.

I heard a clink. My combat boot struck the wrought iron man-hole cover. I bent down, grabbed hold of recessed lip, and pulled with all my strength. Nothing. I tried once again to no avail. I groped around the sewer grate. My hand bumped into a box-like structure protroding from the lid. I began inspect further with my dirty, swollen fingers, my actions rushed to remove myself from the stench. I felt a three pronged hole; my heart sank. Only one item could unfasten this lock: The Rod of D'Lessio.
no name
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by no name »

I stopped as the stench of this sewer was starting to make me feel sick. Now knowing i needed the key was almost more than i could handlew. I shut my eyes as to try and envision what was befor me, as lights danced in my head an the outline of the box and the inside of the box made sence i could see which the mechinisms that needed to be moved.

I stopped, i felt something, a presence. i stayed focused not feeling threatened but i could feel someone was there with me. "Stop" i shouted "don't move."

"Ulu??, how the, what?"

"remain calm", i could then tell it was Hackner, "yes its me Ulu, what are you doing down hear in the sewers?"
"i was given an order to investigate the sewers, we are looking for some blind guy"

"You no longer fight for the resistance?"

"No, i am a paid bounty hunter now, we have been tracking some guy and the price they are willing to pay to get him is crazy."

"i am that guy, Hack."

he lifted his weapon.

"Stop Hack!! I am in the middle of something big and i don't understand it. You were once loyal to Commander Litt and i am trying to uncover the reason for his death."

He stopped and signed, looked up at me frozen. "Ulu, you know The commander was like a father to me. I knew the rumors of him being a traitor were false... i just... don't understand... i felt i was drawn down hear to this spot, its almost like i expected to see you?? I must sound crazy."
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Spoiler:
Cheesy disco music began playing from somewhere.

"Gee, Ulu, it sure is hot down here in these sewers."

"Yeah, Hack. Why don't we ... take these shirts off ..."
I kid!

I'll be traveling most of today. So I'll think about it and post tonight.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

"You're not crazy. Somehow we're all being led ... somewhere."

I fell silent for a time and let him think about the situation. Putrid water dripped around us. I moved slightly so that my foot was against the box and the grate. It was dark in the sewers. I knew that I had an advantage with my other-sight. Very slowly, I removed my weapon from the leg pocket of my trousers and prepared myself to fire upon my old friend.

His weapon was still aimed at me, but it was unfocused. I knew I could kill him in an instant.

"I just ... don't understand," he repeated. "But this can't be! You're blind, for god's sake! Yet you think you know so much!"

"I am blind in a way. But in other ways, I can see better than any man. The Eli Khun gave this gift to me."

"BAHFF!" He scoffed. It was an explosion from his mouth. "You're mad, Ulu!" He was rapidly approaching an unhinged state. He was now full of violence. I prepared to kill him. "The Eli Khun are monsters made up by mothers to frighten children into obeying! Lies, myths! Now I see the truth! You're insane and what they say about you is true!" He fixed his weapon firmly on me again.

"No lies, Hack," I said in a sad voice. I could still destroy him, but held off. "I am blind, but I have seen things with my eyes that you cannot imagine. Things that I cannot talk about ... that I'd rather I never saw. I don't know the truth. But I know that there is magic in the universe. Or ... what we may call magic." He was wavering. "Hack, I need you to trust ..." With that I moved in a preternatural flash and disarmed him. I held my weapon to his head. "I need you to trust ... me. Trust that there are higher powers in our petty worlds which are acting for our good."

But it was unneeded. He was still. I lowered my weapon and backed away. After a long time, he looked at me. Not into my useless eyes, but in my general direction. "Eli Khun? Eli Khun? I ... can't ..."

"Trust, Hack. Trust me by the friendship we have shared. Trust me by the fact that you are not dead on this floor. ... I need you. I need your strength." He took some time. I watched his colors change from angry reds to conflicted yellows to deep, trusting greens. Finally, he breathed heavily. "What is going on, Ulu?" he asked.

I looked into his eyes, into his thoughts. "What do you know of Operation redwill?" I asked.

"redwill?" He was puzzled. "I've heard of it. It's ... a gaming exercise of some sort. A ... psychological test. It's nothing."

"No. It's more than that."

"What, then?"

"A trap. And humankind lies in the balance."

I could see his doubt and confusion. But eventually his loyalty won out. "OK." He said firmly. "Where do we go from here?"

"Ah. Well, first, we need to enter this gate. We need the Rod of D'Lessio."

"The star centerman for the Shosh-Ball League Champion Pyraxia Ravers?"

"No, no! That's DeRaad O'DeLeshio! We need the ... Rod ... of ... D'Lessio," I said, emphasizing the last words.

"Oh." Hack thought for a few moments. "Never heard of it."
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Not saying I'm at your mom's house, not saying I'm not.

Post by Chefpatrick871 »

Glad I stumbled in here. Bravo!! Very enjoyable read so far.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

2 canaan: You moving this boat?
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

redwill wrote:2 canaan: You moving this boat?
sorry. ive been weeded. will have a contribution this even'n
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

A rage grew inside of me. I informed Hackner that without the D'lessian Rod, we would be unable to open this gate. As Hackner fumbled across the tri-pronged slot, he began to chuckle. "That's not a slot for your crazy rod, Ulu. That's the receptacle for Cmdr Kretz's Razor Whip baton--he carries it with him everywhere. It opens up all of the locks on this planet. Its one of the Pyraxian legacy ancients passed down in the main houses of Kretz, Stablin, and Khunvein. "Is it about 7 inches long and its handle wrapped in a fine patchwork of blond hair and ribbon?" I asked with certainty that I knew the answer. "Well, yeah." Ulu's rage increased further. Hackner interrupts before Ulu can speak. "Ulu, if you knew what the RWB looked like, why did you think that this Rod of whateveryoucalledit fit the socket?" "Hackner, you are a true, but simple friend. That IS the Rod of D'Lessio. ...and you have to get it for me, Hackner."Without hesitation, Hackner agreed. It was the least he could do for the years of friendship he had been given by Ulu and felt it a great honor to assist Ulu on this journey.

Hackner was never charged with being the smartest of his class at the academy, but his cunning ability to lurk in the shadows was vital to this mission. He charged out of the sewer passage and quickly moved to the bath houses to rid himself of the pestilence accrued in the underbellies of the city center. From there, he climbed the exhaust shaft outside of the bath house and sat behind the neon sign until the sun finished crawling back behind the land in the distance--Hackner knew that the darkness would be his best ally. He smirked as he thought of Ulu and his similar idea. As night reached its darkest, Hackner swiftened his pace to a full sprint as he jumped and scurried from one rooftop to the next. For the next 45 minutes, Hackner continued this--Never stopping to catch his breath nor to admire the whores that frequented this portion of the city. Hackner knew that Cmdr Kretz enjoyed violence and harsh punishment just as much as his whores. "He was sure to be here.," he thought.

Hackner waited on the perch located across from Pleasuraxia--a dank, seedy joint that Hackner thought akin to the sewers in clientele. "Right on time, Kretz" Hackner whispers as he sees the dark-haired, brutish figure entering the building with a stern face. A scar from his right eye to his jaw line was a calling card the whores knew to avoid. The scar was a gift from a whore that thought Kretz was being a little too rough during a late night romp session behind the refuse bots one evening. The refuse bots were coined "whore storage" by the other officers that night as her body was shredded and discarded. Hackner had no qualms about stealing the item from him. Kretz was an animal with an honorable last name.

Hackner soon followed into the establishment of ill rebuke. He knew he had to be quick. He knew any small mistake would result in a date with the refuse bots.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

lol. shredded whores. :fist:
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

btw, for redwill, i mixed tense and point of view on that last one :face:
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

canaan wrote:btw, for redwill, i mixed tense and point of view on that last one :face:
Well, I guess it's the refuse bots for you, mate.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

redwill wrote:
canaan wrote:btw, for redwill, i mixed tense and point of view on that last one :face:
Well, I guess it's the refuse bots for you, mate.
NOOOOOOOOO
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

i read this before i go to bed every night. waiting til i have dreams about it
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:i read this before i go to bed every night. waiting til i have dreams about it
no name will have to put something in about you giving a presentation in middle school and everyone's laughing at you. Only then do you discover that you're naked.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

redwill wrote:
Letang Is The Truth wrote:i read this before i go to bed every night. waiting til i have dreams about it
no name will have to put something in about you giving a presentation in middle school and everyone's laughing at you. Only then do you discover that you're naked.
If he doesn't, there will be a large free fall/teeth falling out double feature in litt's future
no name
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by no name »

LOL,I can't do anything yet its The wicked child turn. This story is t good to ruin just yet though.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

canaan wrote:If he doesn't, there will be a large free fall/teeth falling out double feature in litt's future
Or a crazy guy with a chainsaw chasing him and his legs just won't move fast enough.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

D'oh! I didn't realize it was my turn. :face:
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Hackner sat in a far corner of the bar, sipping on the establishment's famed beverage "Fire In The Hole". Kretz had been visited by quite a few of the ladies, but none had caught his fancy just yet. Or perhaps he was waiting for someone.

A large mongrel wandered into the bar and sat down beside Kretz. They exchanged something beneath the table, but he couldn't see what it was from there. Then the mongrel left as swiftly as he had appeared. Kretz looked around carefully, then approached a lady. I finished my drink and went to the bar for a refill so I could get close enough to overhear their conversation.

"For THAT... you had better have a good tip!" the lady gasped.

"I have this." he said quietly as he set something in her hand. "Will that do?"

She opened her palm, revealing what appeared to be a chunk of gold. She simply nodded and led him into the back room.

Even Hackner could see what had just happened... he had exchanged one of the Captain's famed nuggets for an illicit act. "Ulu will not be pleased to hear about this." He thought to himself. "But he'll be even less pleased if I don't get the Rod".

So hackner found a lady and handed her a coin. She led him into the backroom where Kretz had gone. When they reached their booth, the lady asked him what he wanted. Hackner thought for a moment, then handed her another coin and motioned for her to sit. He whispered that there was another coin in it for her if she stayed quiet. She shrugged and began checking her nails.

As Hackner approached the booth where Kretz had been taken, he began to dread what he might see. When he peeked around the corner, he saw something so vile, he nearly passed out.. but then he realized that Kretz HAD passed out. It was now or never. He handed the lady a coin, motioned for her to be quiet, then grabbed the Rod and made for the door.

It all had seemed too easy. Within the hour, he would have the Rod back to Ulu, and they could continue their quest.

As Hackner prepared to enter the sewers, he felt a crippling pain in his shoulder as he was grabbed from behind. It was Kretz's mongrel bodyguard.
Last edited by the wicked child on Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no name
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by no name »

Writers loop:

Redwill
canaan
The wicked child
Letang is the truth
no name

Letang is the truth is up now.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

I'm AFK for the weekend if someone wants to pinch hit. Otherwise see yinz Monday
no name
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by no name »

I will take my turn.
no name
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by no name »

As Ulu prepared to enter the sewers, he felt a crippling pain in his shoulder as he was grabbed from behind. It was Kretz's mongrel bodyguard.
I am going to assume "the wicked child" ment " As Hackner prepared to enter the sewers??"

Hackner dropped to his knees in pain tryng to get a release from his grip. But it was far to powerful to overcome. "Where is this famed Ulu at scum" he said in a dark hissing voice. "You will take me to him or i will tear your head off."

"i, I don;t know wh..." his grip deepened he could feel his shoulder seperating. "OK OK PLEASE STOP, Ulu yeah i can bring you to him. "

"Yes take me to him, i shall enjoy turning him in myself, those fools said no one could catch him by them selves. I will prove them wrong, I wonder what promotion i will recieve for this. A Blind fool, like i would need help catching him. Now tell me where he is."

Hackner sat up and slowly choosing his words, a wave of calmness came over him. He didn't feel scared. He heard a voice in his head "bring him to me"

"he is by the gate in the sewer, what is so special about this guy, why does evryone want him? ' hackner said opening his mind to hoping to channel the info he could feel Ulu.

"HAHA, operation redwill, my friend, he is operation redwill, Kretz and Litt worked with the Eli Klum to build an ultimate superbeing, that fool doesn't even begin to understand the power he has. Kretz had Litt removed once they handed Ulu to the Klum befor she changed him in that rank pit.... "

Ulu waited for the next sentence, waiting on every word he heard through Hackners mind, everything went silent. he could no longer feel Hackner.... "Goodbye old friend" Ulu stood and waited for the Mongrel to come to him, his rage was building.

The mongrel appeared, Hackners detached head in his hand.