*Irish Revolution Warz Game Thread*

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: *Irish Revolution Warz Game Thread*

Post by thehockeyguru »

MWB wrote:I don't think it's unusual for Zaro to get an early vote on him for not talking. It usually doesn't provoke much response though. This could have more to do with there being a potential quota than anything else.
I dont agree with that at all. I believe the Quota idea was something that was unique and also fit the plot of Office Wars. I'll stick with Zaro thank you.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Several people, including redwill, mentioned how they thought the quota was a great idea. I'd be surprised if it's a one-time thing. It may not be in this game, but it's not unreasonable to think it could be.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

throw ulf in the bog

Benny kind of went out on a limb with that ulf vote last round...i just wonder if he knows something.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

MWB wrote:Several people, including redwill, mentioned how they thought the quota was a great idea. I'd be surprised if it's a one-time thing. It may not be in this game, but it's not unreasonable to think it could be.
Not saying its not a good idea, it is. But what makes you think there is one? We've already went through one day phase with no mention of it. To shoot down a vote or theory based on pure speculation is short sighted.
Benny Fitz
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Benny Fitz »

To the bog with Ulf

Day 1 reasoning and he seemed to squirm when bhaw applied 1 vote of pressure.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

What's this "quota" your refering to?
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

thehockeyguru wrote:
MWB wrote:Several people, including redwill, mentioned how they thought the quota was a great idea. I'd be surprised if it's a one-time thing. It may not be in this game, but it's not unreasonable to think it could be.
Not saying its not a good idea, it is. But what makes you think there is one? We've already went through one day phase with no mention of it. To shoot down a vote or theory based on pure speculation is short sighted.
Like I said, I don't know if there is one, but it's possible since so many people thought it was a good idea. Questioning reasoning doesn't equal short-sighted. Would you rather everyone just go along with your vote because you say so?
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Troy Loney wrote:What's this "quota" your refering to?
Last game someone was able to assign a quota of posts to a player each round. If the player didn't meet the quota, s/he was killed.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

Troy Loney wrote:What's this "quota" your refering to?
In the last game some random person had a quota of posts they had to meet each day. They didn't know if it was "their day" or the quota until they were dead for not meeting it. It really encourages participation.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

that's pretty cool.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Troy Loney wrote:that's pretty cool.
It may be cool, but don't suggest that someone may use it again, or thg will call you out on your lack of lengthy sight.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

MWB wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:
Like I said, I don't know if there is one, but it's possible since so many people thought it was a good idea. Questioning reasoning doesn't equal short-sighted. Would you rather everyone just go along with your vote because you say so?
The fact is that Zaro was more quiet in Office Wars when there was a known quota in effect.

I want people to vote with what makes sense to them. What I don't want is people trying to discredit my vote with a claim that is purely speculative.
Benny Fitz
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Benny Fitz »

Not to pick sides in this quarrel of lovers, but this is wars......isn't everything speculative?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

MWB wrote:
It may be cool, but don't suggest that someone may use it again, or thg will call you out on your lack of lengthy sight.

I will say though that you discounting his vote because there could be a quota, and that's why zaro responded is kind of out there.

I don't think its productive for you to answer for zaro...dont you think zaro should respond to thg's accusation?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Benny Fitz wrote:Not to pick sides in this quarrel of lovers, but this is wars......isn't everything speculative?

pssh...maybe for you.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Benny Fitz wrote:Not to pick sides in this quarrel of lovers, but this is wars......isn't everything speculative?
Not when it comes to the rules and potential nuances. Do you think that there isn't going to be a quota that someone has to meet in Day 1 and it will magically start Day 2?
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

thehockeyguru wrote: The fact is that Zaro was more quiet in Office Wars when there was a known quota in effect.

I want people to vote with what makes sense to them. What I don't want is people trying to discredit my vote with a claim that is purely speculative.
Zaro is quiet nearly every game. Sometimes he's bad, sometimes he's good.
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

throw ulf in the bog

Besides the peeing contest over the potential for a quota, we don't really have that much to go on yet.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

save ps87
throw ulf in the bog
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Troy Loney wrote:
I will say though that you discounting his vote because there could be a quota, and that's why zaro responded is kind of out there.

I don't think its productive for you to answer for zaro...dont you think zaro should respond to thg's accusation?
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Troy Loney wrote:
MWB wrote:

?
I was simply stating my thoughts on the vote. Isn't that what we normally do? It's gone further because thg didn't like my questioning it, and I keep responding to him.
Benny Fitz
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Benny Fitz »

thehockeyguru wrote:
Not when it comes to the rules and potential nuances. Do you think that there isn't going to be a quota that someone has to meet in Day 1 and it will magically start Day 2?
I'm inclined to agree with you. Last game it was evident in the write-up that the quota was present. But then again, that was last game. And judging by the welcome we got "Failte to Ireland " (which translates roughly to "1000 welcomes to my twisted game about Ireland") I'd say anything goes...
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

MWB wrote:?
I was simply stating my thoughts on the vote. Isn't that what we normally do? It's gone further because thg didn't like my questioning it, and I keep responding to him.

You dont like my vote, dont follow. All I'm saying is you don't have to use pure speculation (which in this case doesn't even make sense given Day 1) to try and discredit my vote on Zaro. You sticking your neck out for a player makes others think you know something. There is no reason for a blue to try and protect anyone from a vote.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

zaro to the bog

just...different, for him to be on day 1 AND posting. I know, i know, damned if you do, damned if you dont. Its all I got at the moment.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

thehockeyguru wrote:
MWB wrote:?

You dont like my vote, dont follow. All I'm saying is you don't have to use pure speculation (which in this case doesn't even make sense given Day 1) to try and discredit my vote on Zaro. You sticking your neck out for a player makes others think you know something. There is no reason for a blue to try and protect anyone from a vote.
Stating pros and cons of a vote isn't meant to "discredit" or "stick your neck out" or "protect." I'm not going to argue about this any more though as it's just becoming a distraction.