Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by obhave »

pittsports87 wrote:
obhave wrote:People who talk to me on the elevator, attempting to fill the silence. No I do not care what you think about the weather or other small talk, nor do I care that you live or work in my building, I don't know you and please stop making the elevator ride awkward.
Just be happy you don't run into EPP in an elevator :scared:
:shock: :scared:
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

canaan wrote:
pittsports87 wrote:
obhave wrote:People who talk to me on the elevator, attempting to fill the silence. No I do not care what you think about the weather or other small talk, nor do I care that you live or work in my building, I don't know you and please stop making the elevator ride awkward.
cue the trailer for "Devil"
[youtube][/youtube]
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

obhave wrote:
pittsports87 wrote:
When that elevator stops and the power goes out, it isn't an accident :pop:
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by obhave »

pittsports87 wrote:
obhave wrote:
pittsports87 wrote:
I'm using the stairs from now on.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

obhave wrote:
pittsports87 wrote:
obhave wrote:
pittsports87 wrote:
I'm using the stairs from now on.
Thats probably a worse idea. Nobody uses the stairs, thus no one to save you. :scared:
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by obhave »

:scared:
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

canaan wrote:bryzgalov spelled it "gino" if that gets your hate of it any stronger :pop:
caynan makes a good point here.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Well, I only have rational pet peeves, but one of them is when someone interrupts a lot when you're trying to talk. I don't play that. I will sometimes straight out stop talking and tell them quit it. I hate having a conversation with someone like that. I like taking turns and I find it very annoying when someone breaks my train of thought.

Another one, also rational, is having dirty hands. I'm not germophobic or anything like that, but I hate having dirty hands because if you do, anything you touch, your white shirt, even the refrigerator door handle, will have dirt or sticky crap on it. So next time you open that fridge door, your hand will get the sticky on it. Mayonnaise, grease, etc.. I dunno. I'm told I'm oversensitive to that, but I just don't like dirty hands. Maybe I'm dirtophobic.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

Sarcastic wrote:Well, I only have rational pet peeves, but one of them is when someone interrupts a lot when you're trying to talk. I don't play that. I will sometimes straight out stop talking and tell them quit it. I hate having a conversation with someone like that. I like taking turns and I find it very annoying when someone breaks my train of thought.

Another one, also rational, is having dirty hands. I'm not germophobic or anything like that, but I hate having dirty hands because if you do, anything you touch, your white shirt, even the refrigerator door handle, will have dirt or sticky crap on it. So next time you open that fridge door, your hand will get the sticky on it. Mayonnaise, grease, etc.. I dunno. I'm told I'm oversensitive to that, but I just don't like dirty hands. Maybe I'm dirtophobic.
My thoughts on the second one: I hate public restroom doors that open in, so you have to touch the handle to open it. Especially when there are no paper towels available. You know there are a lot of guys, maybe not most but a lot, who don't ever wash after using the toilet.

Saw a guy at work today come out of the crapper stall and walk right out the door today without washing his hands. Nasty.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

PghSkins wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:Well, I only have rational pet peeves, but one of them is when someone interrupts a lot when you're trying to talk. I don't play that. I will sometimes straight out stop talking and tell them quit it. I hate having a conversation with someone like that. I like taking turns and I find it very annoying when someone breaks my train of thought.

My thoughts on the second one: I hate public restroom doors that open in, so you have to touch the handle to open it. Especially when there are no paper towels available. You know there are a lot of guys, maybe not most but a lot, who don't ever wash after using the toilet.

Saw a guy at work today come out of the crapper stall and walk right out the door today without washing his hands. Nasty.
You know how you go into a public restroom and want to flush the toilet after you're done (first of all, if I am forced to sit on it, I always layer it up with toilet paper... no way I am putting my flesh on the seat), well, I either use the bottom of my shoe to step on the handle to flush or I'll get more toilet paper to put around it. Grosses me the hell out.

lol, maybe I am germophobic. Nah, I just don't want some dude's crap on my hand.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

PghSkins wrote:Saw a guy at work today come out of the crapper stall and walk right out the door today without washing his hands. Nasty.
Ah yes. Stall to hall guys. I've seen those at work as well.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

the wicked child wrote:
PghSkins wrote:Saw a guy at work today come out of the crapper stall and walk right out the door today without washing his hands. Nasty.
Ah yes. Stall to hall guys. I've seen those at work as well.
It's one thing at the airport or rest area or something but at work, it's especially nasty. How much other stuff do I touch that that person also touched?
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

not really irrational, but pedestrians crossing streets. not crossing at crosswalks during high traffic time (im all for crossing the street where ever when there is no traffic, but atleast pay attention). not looking before crossing. not restratining your little kids on street corners and they run around like freaking maniacs. not pressing the button when you want to cross and just assume that when the light changes, you can walk with no concern of turn lanes, etc. infurating.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:not really irrational, but pedestrians crossing streets. not crossing at crosswalks during high traffic time (im all for crossing the street where ever when there is no traffic, but atleast pay attention). not looking before crossing. not restratining your little kids on street corners and they run around like freaking maniacs. not pressing the button when you want to cross and just assume that when the light changes, you can walk with no concern of turn lanes, etc. infurating.
This problem is pretty unique to certain cities like Pittsburgh. It really doesn't occur at all in Chicago.
PenguinSteve-o
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by PenguinSteve-o »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:not really irrational, but pedestrians crossing streets. not crossing at crosswalks during high traffic time (im all for crossing the street where ever when there is no traffic, but atleast pay attention). not looking before crossing. not restratining your little kids on street corners and they run around like freaking maniacs. not pressing the button when you want to cross and just assume that when the light changes, you can walk with no concern of turn lanes, etc. infurating.
dont go to NYC. that stuff happened all the time. I kinda stopped slowing down after a while and just kept going and they eventually just keep going until they realize I wasnst going to stop.
Mango Salsa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Mango Salsa »

Yellow mustard is my go-to condiment on most sandwiches. It's a powerful flavor so a little goes a long way, so I guess my IPP is food service workers that drown my **** in mustard even when I say 'easy on the mustard'.

Motorcycle riders toolin' around in shorts, tank top, flipflops & no helmet who then lose their **** when someone in a car does something that they deem a hazard to their safety.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

It chaps me when radio talk hosts say a guest will join them "in studio" I dont know why, but I guess thats why its irrational.

Or maybe a little more rational is that radio talk hosts in general chap me
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Physical_Graffiti »

Mango Salsa wrote:Yellow mustard is my go-to condiment on most sandwiches. It's a powerful flavor so a little goes a long way, so I guess my IPP is food service workers that drown my **** in mustard even when I say 'easy on the mustard'.

Motorcycle riders toolin' around in shorts, tank top, flipflops & no helmet who then lose their **** when someone in a car does something that they deem a hazard to their safety.
Why'd you call it "yellow mustard"? Do you also eat mustard that is a different colour?

:?:
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

Physical_Graffiti wrote:
Mango Salsa wrote:Yellow mustard is my go-to condiment on most sandwiches. It's a powerful flavor so a little goes a long way, so I guess my IPP is food service workers that drown my **** in mustard even when I say 'easy on the mustard'.

Why'd you call it "yellow mustard"? Do you also eat mustard that is a different colour?

I don't know about Canada, but in the US mustard can come in colors other than yellow.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

2 irrational pet peeves re: video games...

1. When playing my buddy in NCAA Football, he runs the same 3 plays all game. Pass to the RB in the flats, a post with his TE, and a sweep to the outside. To me, he isn't playing a football game, he is playing a video game (if that makes any sense).

2. Same guy, and he looks at my plays every time. Whenever one of the 3 plays I can choose from is a run, as soon as we line up, he ALWAYS shifts his front 7 to the side that the potential run play could be going. A lot of times I am passing the ball anyway, but its obvious that he does it because there hasnt been one instance where he happened to be wrong. I called him on it too, and he denied it, but it was pretty obvious that he was lying.

(This is the same guy who cheats in Words with Friends. The one game, the only word that he played that he ever heard of or used in his life was "nut")

Oh well, he still hasnt been able to beat me in either, but its annoying.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:
Physical_Graffiti wrote:

I don't know about Canada, but in the US mustard can come in colors other than yellow.
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

when bartenders are johnny i've been here forever indifferent guy
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Juice wrote:when bartenders are johnny i've been here forever indifferent guy
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

Physical_Graffiti wrote:
Juice wrote:when bartenders are johnny i've been here forever indifferent guy
lolol

http://www.letsgopens.com/scripts/phpBB ... 0#p1813870" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:
Physical_Graffiti wrote:

I don't know about Canada, but in the US mustard can come in colours other than yellow.
Translated for Canadians.