Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by Physical_Graffiti »

A "Gino" is an Italian male who is from Canada and not from the country of their ancestry. A typical gino enjoys lively techno music (deemed "gino beats"), wears tight or sporty clothing (some brands include Adidas, Puma, Kappa and Diesel), likes small and sporty European cars, wears his hair spiked or curly and is of little or no intellect.

:D
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

people that will sit behind a slow car and not use their turn signal to show their intentions of moving over. i know what they want to do, but unless they signal i cant be sure and then has they start moving, they flip the signal on for one flash and then turn it off. if you had it on and was like hey bro i wanna come over id be like sure thing buddy hop right in, thanks for making your intentions known. if you are drifting over, i have eyes, i can see you moving over, no need to signal that brosef
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:people that will sit behind a slow car and not use their turn signal to show their intentions of moving over. i know what they want to do, but unless they signal i cant be sure and then has they start moving, they flip the signal on for one flash and then turn it off. if you had it on and was like hey bro i wanna come over id be like sure thing buddy hop right in, thanks for making your intentions known. if you are drifting over, i have eyes, i can see you moving over, no need to signal that brosef
im not following whats going on in this one?
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

I have no idea what LITT is talking about, and I am pretty keen when it comes to A-holes on the road.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

its the guy who uses the turn signal the second he moves. whats the point of that. the turn signal is meant to signal the intention to turn. when you turn in to mcdonalds, you dont turn your blinker on right as you turn into parking lot, that is how you get your **** wrecked
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by obhave »

DudeMan2766 wrote:
Letang Is The Truth wrote:people that will sit behind a slow car and not use their turn signal to show their intentions of moving over. i know what they want to do, but unless they signal i cant be sure and then has they start moving, they flip the signal on for one flash and then turn it off. if you had it on and was like hey bro i wanna come over id be like sure thing buddy hop right in, thanks for making your intentions known. if you are drifting over, i have eyes, i can see you moving over, no need to signal that brosef
im not following whats going on in this one?
I think he is annoyed with the people that don't signal, but when they start to move over (when it is already known they are moving over) they flip the signal on for one flash. It is absolutely pointless at that point.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

^boom
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

40 year old men that gossip and whine like teenage girls.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

I absolutely agree with this. Here is also what I will say. Look at the diagram:

Now, I freaking hate whenever the car behind the big truck in the right decides he has to pass it just at that moment, as I am flying up on the left side. Sometimes I will do that, but I always make sure I increase my speed so I don't hold the guy in the left lane up.

You don't just drift over and continue your 63 mph speed as you slowly crawl past the damn truck. MATCH THE SPEED OF THE LANE
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

im more concerned about the lining of the road. that seems quite dangerous.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Physical_Graffiti »

When people at work try to tell me that their SUV is a car, after I refer to it as a truck.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

i never use my signal until after i've confirmed that there's space for me to change lanes. so really, there's not much value in me even signaling. but i firmly believe in still using it.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

columbia wrote:Folks who insist on using the Gino spelling. :pop:

I've given this up, it is going to be Gene.
8-) In the videos, the penguin trainer calls Evgeni "gene." I like! :thumb:
Compromise is good
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

Slow walkers walking slow in front of me.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:im more concerned about the lining of the road. that seems quite dangerous.
Lol
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

Juice wrote:Speaking of common sense...

Fuel perks allow up to 30 gallons. I drive a truck that holds 26, and most of the time when I redeem my fuel perks I fit about 22-23 gallons into my truck. Those extra 6-7 gallons are going in gas cans fo sho.
My car only has a 14-gallon tank. I bring four 5-gallon cans with me and fill them up first, then pump the rest into my car. I put a shot of Sta-Bil in each can first. I then put a can’s worth in my car whenever it drops below a quarter tank.

Annoyingly, it’s darn near impossible to find a gas can that’s actually designed to fuel automobiles. They’re all designed for lawn equipment and the like. I have to use a long funnel to fill the car. And those PITA new spring-loaded gas cans require me to tie the nozzle open with an extra boot lace before I pour. Still, the savings are worth the minor inconvenience. I only buy gas about once a month, and by the time I get to another fill-up I usually have well over a dollar per gallon off the pump price.
PenguinSteve-o
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by PenguinSteve-o »

I drove to NYC and back. I was going 85 mph with a few car length in front of me of another car. really no other cars around beside one behind me. Construction made the lane go down to one. A car that was behind me could of waited a few seconds until we got to the merge point. BUT NO. This indian lady got in the other lane, increased her speed (and maybe just realized it went to one lane) and then switched lanes to go right in front of me really only 4-5 feet away of the front of my car while going 85 mph! I layed on my horn for a while.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

In my experience, I stay away from certain ethnicity/gender combinations on the road. Asian women are terrible drivers. Obviously a lot of American women are terrible as well, but I don't think I have ever seen a female Asian driving that hasn't scared the bejesus out of me.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

shafnutz05 wrote:In my experience, I stay away from certain ethnicity/gender combinations on the road. Asian women are terrible drivers. Obviously a lot of American women are terrible as well, but I don't think I have ever seen a female Asian driving that hasn't scared the bejesus out of me.
I thought it was all Asians that were bad drives? At least thats what people tell me.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

pittsports87 wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:In my experience, I stay away from certain ethnicity/gender combinations on the road. Asian women are terrible drivers. Obviously a lot of American women are terrible as well, but I don't think I have ever seen a female Asian driving that hasn't scared the bejesus out of me.
I thought it was all Asians that were bad drives? At least thats what people tell me.
[youtube][/youtube]

Automobile?
thepittman
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by thepittman »

penny lane wrote:
columbia wrote:Folks who insist on using the Gino spelling. :pop:

I've given this up, it is going to be Gene.
8-) In the videos, the penguin trainer calls Evgeni "gene." I like! :thumb:
Compromise is good
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

bryzgalov spelled it "gino" if that gets your hate of it any stronger :pop:
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by obhave »

People who talk to me on the elevator, attempting to fill the silence. No I do not care what you think about the weather or other small talk, nor do I care that you live or work in my building, I don't know you and please stop making the elevator ride awkward.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

obhave wrote:People who talk to me on the elevator, attempting to fill the silence. No I do not care what you think about the weather or other small talk, nor do I care that you live or work in my building, I don't know you and please stop making the elevator ride awkward.
Just be happy you don't run into EPP in an elevator :scared:
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

pittsports87 wrote:
obhave wrote:People who talk to me on the elevator, attempting to fill the silence. No I do not care what you think about the weather or other small talk, nor do I care that you live or work in my building, I don't know you and please stop making the elevator ride awkward.
Just be happy you don't run into EPP in an elevator :scared:
cue the trailer for "Devil"