TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: TV Shows

Post by canaan »

Kerry Fraser wrote:
KG wrote:Has anyone seen Louis CK's show on FX? I haven't but I think he's a funny guy. I just saw the commercial for it. I'm going to check it out...
I like Louis CK, but that show is crap.
you are out of your head. its not lucky louie, but the show is gooooood
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

canaan wrote:
Kerry Fraser wrote:
KG wrote:Has anyone seen Louis CK's show on FX? I haven't but I think he's a funny guy. I just saw the commercial for it. I'm going to check it out...
OK 1 yes, 1 no...I'll have to check it out...I'm sure I'll get some giggles out of it!
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

its not uproarious comedy, but i dont think louis ck is that brand of comedy. he comes across as the everyday joe stewing in his own life's shortcomings. he acts a lot like i do, maybe thats why i like his show--its relateable to me. he overthinks the most insignificant crap to the point of missing the point, if you gather my meaning. the show is brooding, affable, and more indicative of how we go through our routine. i dont count the shows high points in laughs as so much as smirks and "i get what you're saying's"
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

i dont count the shows high points in laughs as so much as smirks and "i get what you're saying's"
:thumb: Not as laugh-out-loud as his stand-up routines are, but those are joke after joke -- I agree with canaan that it's quite good as a tv show.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Anyone else trying to continue watching Weeds and the Big C?
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

canaan wrote:
Kerry Fraser wrote:
Louie is a great show. i like it a lot more than Lucky Louie...though i think that's because of how each show is/was filmed. watching Lucky Louie seemed like i was watching a play. don't know if that was intentional or just some budget issue. either way, i wasn't into it. and i love how Louie is shot.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

Good article on Entourage from Grantland

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/6790803/hugging-out" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I got a good chuckle out of this quote...
I gave up on the show for a few seasons because I was tired of how much they always won. No matter what went wrong, nothing bad or depressing ever actually happened to them. Every episode ended with high fives and snowboarding. That got boring and also felt like the show was taking place on another planet.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Physical_Graffiti »

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:Good article on Entourage from Grantland

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/6790803/hugging-out" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I got a good chuckle out of this quote...
I gave up on the show for a few seasons because I was tired of how much they always won. No matter what went wrong, nothing bad or depressing ever actually happened to them. Every episode ended with high fives and snowboarding. That got boring and also felt like the show was taking place on another planet.
Yeah: Medellin was awesome for all of them, as were the Ramone's film, Smoke Jumpers 8-)
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

shmenguin wrote:
canaan wrote:
Kerry Fraser wrote:
Louie is a great show. i like it a lot more than Lucky Louie...though i think that's because of how each show is/was filmed. watching Lucky Louie seemed like i was watching a play. don't know if that was intentional or just some budget issue. either way, i wasn't into it. and i love how Louie is shot.
That's what I loved about lucky Louie. It was a very blatant take on the rigidity of theatrical drama interlaced with raunchy HBO-style dialogue.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

While we're on the topic of Louie, I was very pleased with this week's episode. It's definitely picked up after a slow start. The Tom Sawyer stand-up bit was awesome.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

meecrofilm wrote:While we're on the topic of Louie, I was very pleased with this week's episode. It's definitely picked up after a slow start. The Tom Sawyer stand-up bit was awesome.
the tom sawyer bit was awesome as was louie rocking out in the car.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

My Strange Addiction

W...T...F!
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

Anybody else still watching Falling Skies?

I guess my Alien invasion tv series quota was hurt when V was cancelled. I like it better than V so far though.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

canaan wrote:
meecrofilm wrote:While we're on the topic of Louie, I was very pleased with this week's episode. It's definitely picked up after a slow start. The Tom Sawyer stand-up bit was awesome.
the tom sawyer bit was awesome as was louie rocking out in the car.
Spoiler:
Who the **** are you!
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

Entourage -- the episode itself was good. However it really wasn't that funny. For a show that's supposed to be a comedy (or at least started out as one), I hope it doesn't keep taking itself too seriously, especially since this is the last season.
Kerry Fraser
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Kerry Fraser »

Another solid episode of Curb tonight.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

Kerry Fraser wrote:Larry David is such an unbelievable writer. Every episode of Curb starts off with 3 or 4 seemingly separate plots, but they always come together in the end in an uproarious way.
Yeah, that was a great episode. Season is off to a good start for sure!
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

Loved, loved, loved Curb last night. That show is so brilliant.

Thought Entourage was good, but not great. I changed my expectations on Entourage a while ago. When it first debuted, I expected a comedy. Now, I hope to be intrigued / entertained / and maybe get a few laughs here and there. The show has definitely evolved since season 1. The most gratifying ending for me would be to have E killed off. I know that it is not the M.O. of that show to do that, but he just annoys me to no end.. Wishful thinking on my part, I know.
Kerry Fraser
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Kerry Fraser »

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:Loved, loved, loved Curb last night. That show is so brilliant.
Curb is on a level so far above anything else that it's difficult to sit through any other kind of sitcom or show of the like.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

npv708 wrote:Anybody else still watching Falling Skies?

I guess my Alien invasion tv series quota was hurt when V was cancelled. I like it better than V so far though.
Yes - think the episode from 7/17 finally provided a bit more twist and intrigue than had been there. Haven't watched last night yet.

In other fronts, caught up on Combat Hospital last night. Captain obvious hit me, as we finally saw that it was a Canadian produced show, which explains why the unit is dominated by Canadian flags on the shoulders....

And finally, watched the "Westwood" epsiode of Law & Order: Los Angeles over the weekend. This was the last new episode to air, but wasn't meant to be the series finale even though it got billed as such. It closed no stories whatsover. Still strange that they aired 6-7 Skeet Ulrich episodes after the reported season finale in May, when they had written Ulrich out of the show back in March/April.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

I really did not like the Entourage episode last night. At all.

I am on board with the notion that expectations shouldn't be "comedy" at this point, but I guess I do still want to be entertained. It felt so forced for me to sit and watch it last night.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

The last time I remember being entertained by entourage was the episode where they did mushrooms out in the desert with Gary Busey.
Kerry Fraser
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Kerry Fraser »

I never really got Entourage. The glorification of the Hollywood lifestyle always disgusted me.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

10 days until Jersey Shore season 4 :scared:
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Froggy wrote:The last time I remember being entertained by entourage was the episode where they did mushrooms out in the desert with Gary Busey.
wasn't it peyote with eric roberts?

but yes, that was about the end for me as well.