Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
rasbatch
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by rasbatch »

The sound of eating on commercials. There was a Carl's junior commericial that was really bad 6 months back.
I don't mean om nom nom, I mean the sound of food being masticated. Drives me crazy I have to
turn the channel.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

PghSkins wrote:
pittsports87 wrote:
Physical_Graffiti wrote:
canaan wrote:
PghSkins wrote:
For me, it's not so much that it reads 0:01 or something else, it's that someone actually felt the need to stop the microwave with a second left on the clock. I realize you can still catch and shoot with 0:01 left, but in microwave time it's insignificant. You couldn't wait one more second? (my wife does this all the time).
i do this to avoid the beep. the beep must die.
:shock: Same here: Why must you loudly beep three times when you are done cooking Microwave? Why? :evil:
Yours only beeps 3 times? Mine beeps 5 :evil:
He lives in Canada. Metric system microwaves only beep 3 times.
:lol: :fist:
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by LeopardLetang »

rasbatch wrote:The sound of eating on commercials. There was a Carl's junior commericial that was really bad 6 months back.
I don't mean om nom nom, I mean the sound of food being masticated. Drives me crazy I have to
turn the channel.
i want to agree with you. the sound of eating is one of my biggest and most powerful pet peeves. but what's the difference between om nom nom and masticating?
rasbatch
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by rasbatch »

LeopardLetang wrote:
rasbatch wrote:The sound of eating on commercials. There was a Carl's junior commericial that was really bad 6 months back.
turn the channel.
i want to agree with you. the sound of eating is one of my biggest and most powerful pet peeves. but what's the difference between om nom nom and masticating?
you know the crunching of lettuce, as opposed to joyful sounds of consumption.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

PghSkins wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:
PghSkins wrote:
Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:Those family member decals people put on the back window of their SUV. I don't know why they bug me, but they do.
Same. Immortalize me on the back of your pickup at your own risk.
I agree that these are dumb. Have you seen the one viewer video that was on Tosh a month or so ago? Some girl's tearful mother is waiting to hear word from the paramedic on whether or not she survived a car crash. The paramedic walks up and goes "Ma'am, I'm sorry" and peels the daughter sticker off the back and hands it to her.
The memorial decals are the worst. Not too long after Michael Jackson's death, I saw someone with a Memorial decal for him.

I was actually thinking about it in terms of the memorial ones, "RIP Bubba jones" with Calvin kneeling in front of a cross.
DropEmJayBird
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by DropEmJayBird »

no name wrote: I do this to... but the worst is when there is a road sign that shows 2 lanes converging to one and people drive all the way up to the sign to cut in, gets me to no end.
If it's a merge, than you should be using both lanes to get up there. Everywhere else in the country does it correctly - and it seriously cuts down on traffic time. People around here for some reason don't get the concept.

Use both lanes - and when you get to the merge point, you alternate who goes.
DropEmJayBird
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by DropEmJayBird »

I hate when I'm driving, and I'm behind someone who needs to make a left. Nobody coming in the opposite direction. There is a car that has his turn signal on who wants to go the same direction I am.

The car in front of me, waves that guy on then turns left, and now I'm behind yet another car.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Restaurants that insist on publishing their menus in massive PDFs.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

columbia wrote:Restaurants that insist on publishing their menus in massive PDFs.
yeah, why are some of these PDFs upwards of 10 MBs?
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by tifosi77 »

This one is totally silly, but when it comes to drinking I have to have product labels facing me or facing out. Like, when I'm drinking a beer, I hold it so the label is between my thumb and index finger. (I call it 'product placement grip') When we have wine with dinner, I rotate the bottle so the label is legible from our seats. When I see a bottle that's not arranged properly, I compulsively rotate it so that it's 'right'.

Another quirky bit of behavior, I completely remove the pull tabs on every can I open. Got into the habit when I was a teenage lifeguard and had a sunburned nose. The tabs would scrape my nose and it bugged me, so one day I got my Coke and removed the tab. That was in like 1988, and I haven't drank from a can since without removing the tab.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

I also pull the tabs off. For me it's Just a nervous habit. I'll also pull the label of a beer bottle.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

drinking from a canned beverage with the tab off makes me rage. i will never do it.
Geezer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Geezer »

i realize I'm older than dirt compared to most of the board and that it's silly to rant about how younger people dress(especially teens). But the supersag with the pants balanced on a homey's pecker and below his butthole level in the back is really getting beyond absurd. Why not just walk around in a jockstrap? I hope these guys as well as the honky-wannabe-homeys who dress the same way don't start going commando.
It would be interesting if females the same age started walking around with 95% of their buttes showing and the front of their pants at the treasure trail level. Especially if their wearing thong underwear.
Last edited by Geezer on Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pensfan2010
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Pensfan2010 »

Geezer wrote:i realize I'm older than dirt compared to most of the board and that it's silly to rant about how younger people dress(especially teens). But the supersag with the pants balanced on a homey's pecker and below his butthole level in the back is really getting beyond absurd. Why not just walk around in a jockstrap? I hope these guys as well as the honky-wannabe-homeys who dress the same way don't start going commando.
It would be intersesting if females the same age started ealking around with 95% of their buttes showing and the front of their oants at the treasure trail level. Especially if their wearing thong underware.
Best post ever. (and for the record, is it really that hard to get a belt, so I agree).
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by LeopardLetang »

rasbatch wrote:
LeopardLetang wrote:
turn the channel.
you know the crunching of lettuce, as opposed to joyful sounds of consumption.
huh? you mean the sounds of like clanking plates and laughter is what bothers you?
RPKJr429
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by RPKJr429 »

There are 3 words that I absolutely hate (all beginning with the letter P) because they are not-so-pleasant to say, hear or type for that matter.

I also hate to say the plural form of disk because the kss-kss sound at the end of the word irks me. :scared:
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

RPKJr429 wrote:There are 3 words that I absolutely hate (all beginning with the letter P) because they are not-so-pleasant to say, hear or type for that matter.

I also hate to say the plural form of disk because the kss-kss sound at the end of the word irks me. :scared:
I can not figure out what the 3 words are lol
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by obhave »

When other people have a whole lot of unread emails in their inboxes. It has nothing to do with me, but for some reason if someone wants to show me an email on their computer and I see that they have 1000 unread email it makes me cringe.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

obhave wrote:When other people have a whole lot of unread emails in their inboxes. It has nothing to do with me, but for some reason if someone wants to show me an email on their computer and I see that they have 1000 unread email it makes me cringe.
Lol thanks for reminding me about something I haven't looked at in 3 months.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

I hate when people text me a poorly written question and then never respond when I ask them to clarify. Then again, I hate texting period.
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by obhave »

Rylan wrote:I hate when people text me a poorly written question and then never respond when I ask them to clarify. Then again, I hate texting period.
I hate when people use numbers instead of letters in their texts - b4, l8r, etc.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

obhave wrote:
Rylan wrote:I hate when people text me a poorly written question and then never respond when I ask them to clarify. Then again, I hate texting period.
I hate when people use numbers instead of letters in their texts - b4, l8r, etc.
Agreed, that's why I try to use perfect grammar in my texts.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

People that install their own car window tint incorrectly so that it is filled with air bubbles. Do they actually think their car looks good that way?
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

There is a new guy that is near me that just loudly sucks down snot from his nose, and then hawks it up and spits it in the garbage can all day. At first, I laughed, but now it is annoying.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:I also pull the tabs off. For me it's Just a nervous habit. I'll also pull the label of a beer bottle.
Sexual frustration?