Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by JS© »

the wicked child wrote:Wrong Numbers.

This happens to me on a regular basis at work and recently on my cell as well.

If it happens once, fine. But it's the same 2 people in both instances and it makes me want to bludgeon them. learn to dial ass clowns.
the worst one is when they call, you tell them they have a wrong number, and the person on the other end says "Are you sure? What number is this?"

You dialed it, you tell me.
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by LeopardLetang »

the phrase borrowed time. no offense to everyone that just recently used it though. it just brought to light how annoying it is to me.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

LeopardLetang wrote:the phrase borrowed time. no offense to everyone that just recently used it though. it just brought to light how annoying it is to me.
of course not. ;)

I rarely use it, but it was appropriate in Winehouse's case. She should have been ambient temperature years ago.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

My new pet peeve is when people feel the need to prove to others on a hockey message board that they are better human beings.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

Physical_Graffiti wrote:
canaan wrote:
PghSkins wrote:
LeopardLetang wrote:i know people who can't stand when the microwave reads 0:01 or some other countdown time instead of the clock time.
For me, it's not so much that it reads 0:01 or something else, it's that someone actually felt the need to stop the microwave with a second left on the clock. I realize you can still catch and shoot with 0:01 left, but in microwave time it's insignificant. You couldn't wait one more second? (my wife does this all the time).
i do this to avoid the beep. the beep must die.
:shock: Same here: Why must you loudly beep three times when you are done cooking Microwave? Why? :evil:
Yours only beeps 3 times? Mine beeps 5 :evil:
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

ulf wrote:My new pet peeve is when people feel the need to prove to others on a hockey message board that they are better human beings.
Make that anywhere and change it to rational.
doublem
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by doublem »

the wicked child wrote:Wrong Numbers.

This happens to me on a regular basis at work and recently on my cell as well.

If it happens once, fine. But it's the same 2 people in both instances and it makes me want to bludgeon them. learn to dial ass clowns.
prank call, homes.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

pittsports87 wrote:
Physical_Graffiti wrote:
canaan wrote:
PghSkins wrote:
For me, it's not so much that it reads 0:01 or something else, it's that someone actually felt the need to stop the microwave with a second left on the clock. I realize you can still catch and shoot with 0:01 left, but in microwave time it's insignificant. You couldn't wait one more second? (my wife does this all the time).
:shock: Same here: Why must you loudly beep three times when you are done cooking Microwave? Why? :evil:
He lives in Canada. Metric system microwaves only beep 3 times.
Mango Salsa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Mango Salsa »

PghSkins wrote:
A "rational" pet peeve: When you are driving down the road and someone pulls out in front of you despite there being no cars behind you. Then invariably they drive below the speed limit. Makes me apoplectic.
Its even better when they do that then go two blocks, put on their left turn signal and you have to sit there & wait for the oncoming traffic to clear before they make their turn. Thanks alot, a-hole
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Physical_Graffiti »

PghSkins wrote: He lives in Canada. Metric system microwaves only beep 3 times.
Lolz :fist:
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by tifosi77 »

Big annoyance is people who call me (work or cell) from a fax machine.

*BEEEP*

*BEEEP*

*BEEEP*

ugh

I loathe people who park SUVs and trucks in spots reserved for - and clearly marked - COMPACT CARS. A lot of times, like in parking structures, certain spots are reserved to maintain clear lines of sight for traffic and for cars trying to exit their parking spots. The three or four spots on either side of the central pillars in my garage at work are like this.... and yet every day, I see people park their truckasauruses in these spots, sticking out a good two or three feet beyond the edge of the spot.
cheesesteakwithegg wrote:I drive a full sized F-150, so when I go to busy parking lots / big box stores, I tend to park in the back because I dont want some moron hitting my truck. It drives me nuts when I come out and I have a 1998 chevy cavellier on both sides of me, when there are tons of closer spots. I know you are proud of tinted windows and 15 inch sub-woofers kid, but give it a rest, you aren't driving a Camero.
Hahahaha...... as if driving a Camaro somehow would make it rational for them to park that far away...... don't want my IROC to get hurt...... :lol:
PghSkins wrote:A "rational" pet peeve: When you are driving down the road and someone pulls out in front of you despite there being no cars behind you. Then invariably they drive below the speed limit. Makes me apoplectic.
Huge pet peeve of mine. Hate people who do this and wish them nothing less than an infestation of flesh eating scarabs.
LeopardLetang wrote:i know people who can't stand when the microwave reads 0:01 or some other countdown time instead of the clock time.
My wife does this all the time, drives me nutty.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

pittsports87 wrote:
Physical_Graffiti wrote:
canaan wrote:
PghSkins wrote:
Not only does mine beep 5 times, it gives you a reminder beep if you left something in the microwave after it went off. Not sure of the time, but it's about 2-3 minutes.
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

I cannot stand when people chew on ice. It sends chills down my spine.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

Those family member decals people put on the back window of their SUV. I don't know why they bug me, but they do.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:Those family member decals people put on the back window of their SUV. I don't know why they bug me, but they do.
Same. Immortalize me on the back of your pickup at your own risk.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

i won't let people pass me from the right lane on the highway. it's developed into a pretty dangerous obsession. i don't care how fast they're going when they try to do it, i'll always speed up to not allow them in.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

shmenguin wrote:i won't let people pass me from the right lane on the highway. it's developed into a pretty dangerous obsession. i don't care how fast they're going when they try to do it, i'll always speed up to not allow them in.
I'm OK with this if you are stipulating that you are not a left lane squatter. Otherwise it's pretty d-baggy.
no name
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by no name »

shmenguin wrote:i won't let people pass me from the right lane on the highway. it's developed into a pretty dangerous obsession. i don't care how fast they're going when they try to do it, i'll always speed up to not allow them in.
I do this to... but the worst is when there is a road sign that shows 2 lanes converging to one and people drive all the way up to the sign to cut in, gets me to no end.

ANother, on the trolley men who won't give up their seat to a pregnant or elderly woman??
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

People who can't bother to shower, before getting on a packed bus.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

PghSkins wrote:
I'm OK with this if you are stipulating that you are not a left lane squatter. Otherwise it's pretty d-baggy.
i should have qualified it further...i do this if i'm in the middle lane, and the passer is in the right lane...meanwhile, there's a perfectly good left lane available for passing. i don't care if i'm passed, i just believe in the laws of the road.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

PghSkins wrote:
Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:Those family member decals people put on the back window of their SUV. I don't know why they bug me, but they do.
I agree that these are dumb. Have you seen the one viewer video that was on Tosh a month or so ago? Some girl's tearful mother is waiting to hear word from the paramedic on whether or not she survived a car crash. The paramedic walks up and goes "Ma'am, I'm sorry" and peels the daughter sticker off the back and hands it to her.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

shafnutz05 wrote:
PghSkins wrote:
I agree that these are dumb. Have you seen the one viewer video that was on Tosh a month or so ago? Some girl's tearful mother is waiting to hear word from the paramedic on whether or not she survived a car crash. The paramedic walks up and goes "Ma'am, I'm sorry" and peels the daughter sticker off the back and hands it to her.
I was actually thinking about it in terms of the memorial ones, "RIP Bubba jones" with Calvin kneeling in front of a cross.
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Point Breeze Penguins »

People who chew with their mouth open.
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

Point Breeze Penguins wrote:People who chew with their mouth open.
That's not at all irrational. That's full-on gross.
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by obhave »

People who chew more than one piece of gum at a time.