The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: 93.7 The Fan Now On

Post by Troy Loney »

And a chauvanist.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

pittsports87 wrote:Didn't know where to put this, but Mark Madden is racist and made it pretty evident he did on his show yesterday. :pop:
How so?
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

slappybrown wrote:
pittsports87 wrote:Didn't know where to put this, but Mark Madden is racist and made it pretty evident he did on his show yesterday. :pop:
How so?
I didn't hear all of it, but they were talking about diversity in baseball and why there aren't more black people in baseball. Someone said something like "Well therearen't there a lot of black people in hockey either" and Madden responds loudly like 3 times "Keep the blacks out of hockey!"
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

pittsports87 wrote:
slappybrown wrote:
How so?
I didn't hear all of it, but they were talking about diversity in baseball and why there aren't more black people in baseball. Someone said something like "Well therearen't there a lot of black people in hockey either" and Madden responds loudly like 3 times "Keep the blacks out of hockey!"
I find it hard to believe this was meant as a legitimate statement in favor of hockey segregation.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

I've been listening to The Fan a bit more lately, really on a consistent basis for the first time. In the mornings and afternoons/evenings mainly. I think literally the only person I like is Jim Colony. It makes me miss Madden and Colony from back in the day on ESPN Radio.

I remember that I used to think Gianotti was pretty good when he was on by himself in the evenings, but he's hardly bearable in the mornings, but maybe that's because of PA.

I have not followed this thread -- who do people even like on this station?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Kraftster wrote:I've been listening to The Fan a bit more lately, really on a consistent basis for the first time. In the mornings and afternoons/evenings mainly. I think literally the only person I like is Jim Colony. It makes me miss Madden and Colony from back in the day on ESPN Radio.

I remember that I used to think Gianotti was pretty good when he was on by himself in the evenings, but he's hardly bearable in the mornings, but maybe that's because of PA.

I have not followed this thread -- who do people even like on this station?

Miller and Colony. Tab on the weekend is tolerable and people seem to like Mueler. I've honestly heard him for maybe 10 minutes total (Troy Loney is normally in bed before 10, especially during the week), so i have no opinion of him.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

i found miller to be very childish the other day. he seemed to be quite sour about something and people called him out and he started pouting.

speaking of sour, someone called into the sea urchin and the waaaaaaaaaambulance today talking about kids under 12 not being able to play organized sports. vinnie and cooke were saying that kids under 12 shouldnt play organized sports because parents can just watch the kids and this guy caleld in and his contention was that you need organized sports to make sure your kids arent getting into trouble and cook was like dude be a better parent, watch your kid and this guy was like I WORK DURING THE DAY I CANT WATCH MY KID and cook started blathering and backpedaling. twas awesome.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

The guy in the evening is very grating to me, and I don't think he knows what he's talking about a lot of times.

Miller is definitely the best of the afternoon bunch, but that group annoys me, albeit less than the morning show.

I forgot about your kiddie bedtime.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:i found miller to be very childish the other day. he seemed to be quite sour about something and people called him out and he started pouting.

speaking of sour, someone called into the sea urchin and the waaaaaaaaaambulance today talking about kids under 12 not being able to play organized sports. vinnie and cooke were saying that kids under 12 shouldnt play organized sports because parents can just watch the kids and this guy caleld in and his contention was that you need organized sports to make sure your kids arent getting into trouble and cook was like dude be a better parent, watch your kid and this guy was like I WORK DURING THE DAY I CANT WATCH MY KID and cook started blathering and backpedaling. twas awesome.

Lol...I can't believe they're still on every day.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

The 5:40 free for all needs to go, 3rd worst segment on the show behind the morning shows' "woman that will never sleep with any of us" and "Jim Colony reads athlete tweets".
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Troy Loney wrote:The 5:40 free for all needs to go, 3rd worst segment on the show behind the morning shows' "woman that will never sleep with any of us" and "Jim Colony reads athlete tweets".
The FFA is terrible. I chuckled at the Jim Colony tweet thing actually because I figure Colony, with his sense of humor, came up with that, and because I could see it being on Madden and Colony, which takes me back to the good old days.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

Kenny the kangaroo still, for whatever reason, looks forward to the 5:40 free for all and is not ashamed to admit it. Perhaps because kenny the kangaroo leaves work right around 5:40.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Kraftster wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:The 5:40 free for all needs to go, 3rd worst segment on the show behind the morning shows' "woman that will never sleep with any of us" and "Jim Colony reads athlete tweets".
The FFA is terrible. I chuckled at the Jim Colony tweet thing actually because I figure Colony, with his sense of humor, came up with that, and because I could see it being on Madden and Colony, which takes me back to the good old days.
I think that was all gianotti.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:Kenny the kangaroo still, for whatever reason, looks forward to the 5:40 free for all and is not ashamed to admit it. Perhaps because kenny the kangaroo leaves work right around 5:40.

Its right around when Troy Loney gets out of the gym, Troy Loney actually likes when he turns on the radio and filiponi is one because that means the 540FFA is over.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

What is this stupid "Craigers"/hamster charcoal? Hearing Starkey say "Craigers" is probably the worst part of my drive home since I started tuning into the fan on the way home from work.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

personally, i think they used to make the 'hamster speak' noise when someone was making some sort of outrageous comment because it sounded like someone taking a hit from a bong. someone must have said it sounds like a hamster. idk.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

Kraftster wrote:What is this stupid "Craigers"/hamster charcoal? Hearing Starkey say "Craigers" is probably the worst part of my drive home since I started tuning into the fan on the way home from work.
They talk a lot about how their producer is a hamster or something, dunno. Kenny the kangaroo supposes its an inside joke of sorts, and quite frankly its annoying.
Mario_is_BACK!
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Mario_is_BACK! »

Hey, a show I pitched for the Pens HD station will be seeing the light of day. Looking forward to making it happen.
IronDukes37
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IronDukes37 »

Last edited by IronDukes37 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

IronDukes37 wrote:Biggest story in USA sports tonight is NFL owners voting to end lockout....but on theFan it's "BuccoNation"
Finally the Fan does something right.
IronDukes37
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IronDukes37 »

Last edited by IronDukes37 on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
IronDukes37
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IronDukes37 »

Last edited by IronDukes37 on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

I don't get the Colony love. I find him OK but... just OK. Maybe that's magnified for some people because of the quality of the rest of this station's personnel but I don't feel the need to gush about the guy.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Colony's heyday was when he was on with Madden on ESPN radio. They worked great together. I really can't comment on anything he's done recently.
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jimjom »

The 5:40 FFA with the intern is unbearable. 3 40-something men slobbering over a 21 year old intern on the air is unlistenable. :thumbdown: :face: