The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: 93.7 The Fan Now On

Post by the wicked child »

newarenanow wrote:Troy, I really don't understand why you just don't turn on the FAN.
This. If I hated something as much as it seems you hate this station... I would not subject myself to it.
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jimjom »

Is there an app for Triblive radio or is it available via a mobile service like I Heart Radio or Radio.com? I'd listen to Junker's show rather than Vinnie and Cook at that time. I typically listen to Savran at that tine if in the car or near a radio.
Stoosh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Stoosh »

I've given TribLive Radio a solid 3-4 weeks now and it's not bad at all. Ken Laird is good. As far as hockey talk goes, they're in a great spot because they've got Dejan, Rossi and Yohe at their disposal now and can cross-promote the hell out of them. Dejan is one of the best local sportswriters and is just as good on the radio. Rossi has his moments, but he's a good radio interview, as is Yohe. I don't see the Fan coming close to matching this lineup for hockey talk unless they manage to get one of those three on their shows as well. Outside of Colony, Mueller and MAYBE Starkey, anyone else on that station talking hockey makes me cringe.

I'll be interested to hear Junker.

And as a fan of high school football, Fedko could be really good if they can get limit him to one pot of coffee.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Fedko is actually a really nice guy. Got to talk to him recently and brought up the Gary Roberts pranks and he chuckled it off, then said the worst part of it was their screening/delay machine was broken and people were just flooding the lines. But still said in retrospect that it was pretty funny.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

Miller's good on the Golf Show.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

Sean Casey on the morning show this morning, best segment(s) ever. They need to see if they can hire him, he'd be tremendous on the radio.
Streaks House
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Streaks House »

PghSkins wrote:Sean Casey on the morning show this morning, best segment(s) ever. They need to see if they can hire him, he'd be tremendous on the radio.
Was going to post this as well. Very energetic, entertaining, intelligent and adds the perspective of a former athlete. I'd trade Paul Alexander for Sean Casey in a heartbeat.

That station desperately needs to upgrade the on-air personalities. Sean Casey would be a step in the right direction.

On the way home I overheard that Seibel was absent today due to a concussion. Lol
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Member »

Streaks House wrote:
PghSkins wrote:Sean Casey on the morning show this morning, best segment(s) ever. They need to see if they can hire him, he'd be tremendous on the radio.
Was going to post this as well. Very energetic, entertaining, intelligent and adds the perspective of a former athlete. I'd trade Paul Alexander for Sean Casey in a heartbeat.

That station desperately needs to upgrade the on-air personalities. Sean Casey would be a step in the right direction.

On the way home I overheard that Seibel was absent today due to a concussion. Lol
Casey would cost far too much, I doubt he'd want to do local radio on a daily basis. Doesn't he have a job with the MLB Network regardless?
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Yeah Sean Casey has a great personality, and I've never thought him to be at all annoying. I can't say that about a single person on the fan. He'd be great but way to good for that crap station. Even with Josh Miller admitedly not knowing alot outside of football, everyone seems to like him. I think alot of times just not being an annoying, arrogant a-hole beats knowledge of a sport and talent any day. Something alot of people on the fan can't seem to get past.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

Giannotti LOVES Beltran
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Point Breeze Penguins »

lol....TribLiveRadio is running a "Sex Shop" ad read by Chris Mack...

It is major league :face:
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Point Breeze Penguins »

http://www.pittsburghpanthers.com/sport ... 11aaa.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Is it just me, or is all Pirates discussion these days (on both 93.7 and 970):

HUNTER PENCE
HUNTER PENCE
HUNTER PENCE
HUNTER PENCE
HUNTER PENCE
HUNTER PENCE
HUNTER PENCE
HUNTER PENCE
HUNTER PENCE
HUNTER PENCE
HUNTER PENCE
HUNTER PENCE
HUNTER PENCE
HUNTER PENCE
HUNTER PENCE
HUNTER PENCE
HUNTER PENCE
HUNTER PENCE
HUNTER PENCE
HUNTER PENCE
HUNTER PENCE
HUNTER PENCE
HUNTER PENCE
HUNTER PENCE
HUNTER PENCE
HUNTER PENCE
HUNTER PENCE
HUNTER PENCE
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

Ive come to the conclusion that Seibel really ruins that afternoon show. Starkey was by himself yesterday, and he was quite good. I always liked him when he did the weekends on 1250 by himself. Ive always liked Miller going back to the days when he was a regular on Madden. Seibel just dominates and drives that show, and it is crap because of it.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Seibel is terrible to listen to, no doubt about that.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Heard this board's Jesse on the fan last night getting his faceoff factor blog plugged and talkin a little baseball. Pretty good job on air for it being impromptu. Gotta watch the "ums" and "you knows"
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Jesse »

Pavel Bure wrote:Heard this board's Jesse on the fan last night getting his faceoff factor blog plugged and talkin a little baseball. Pretty good job on air for it being impromptu. Gotta watch the "ums" and "you knows"
Hahaha lemme provide some context here.

I was in the car on the way home from the game (I just started watching baseball last year) and no one was answering Mueller's question of the night. I felt bad for him so I tweeted him that I'd call in and actually provide an answer versus having folks call in with this aimless blabber. I had no idea he was going to plug the site.

We talked afterwards and he said he'll have me on for hockey this year, I said thanks because my baseball knowledge is still growing.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Jesse wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:Heard this board's Jesse on the fan last night getting his faceoff factor blog plugged and talkin a little baseball. Pretty good job on air for it being impromptu. Gotta watch the "ums" and "you knows"
Hahaha lemme provide some context here.

I was in the car on the way home from the game (I just started watching baseball last year) and no one was answering Mueller's question of the night. I felt bad for him so I tweeted him that I'd call in and actually provide an answer versus having folks call in with this aimless blabber. I had no idea he was going to plug the site.

We talked afterwards and he said he'll have me on for hockey this year, I said thanks because my baseball knowledge is still growing.
Yeah I texted in afterwards and said that you were the guy for Pens prospect talk, didn't get a text back, but was pretty cool he was open to the idea of having you on to talk Pens.
PensOnDVD
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by PensOnDVD »

Lanny Frattare to call high school football for 93.7 The Fan

If someone can logically explain that one I'm all ears.
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jimjom »

PensOnDVD wrote:Lanny Frattare to call high school football for 93.7 The Fan

If someone can logically explain that one I'm all ears.
And there's noooooooo doubt about it, North Allegheny defeats the North Hills Indians.

My only explanation: dude needs the cash.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

Meh, Lanny is retired. Maybe he misses calling games a little bit and wants to keep a little busy without doing that much work. Seems like a perfect gig for retired people.
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jimjom »

Good point KtK never thought of that. Anyone remember who did them last year? Wasn't it Seibel?

Anyone have any recent ratings also?
PensOnDVD
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by PensOnDVD »

Isn't Lanny teaching at some college?
Defence21
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Defence21 »

PensOnDVD wrote:Isn't Lanny teaching at some college?
Waynesburg.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

Didn't know where to put this, but Mark Madden is racist and made it pretty evident he did on his show yesterday. :pop: