The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: 93.7 The Fan Now On

Post by slappybrown »

I've heard him once or twice, and he's annoying.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Anyone hear that "smackdown" segment they did earlier this week? That was comically terrible.
Stoosh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Stoosh »

columbia wrote:The clowns who are on now just interviewed Dustin Jeffrey.
They spent half the interview asking him how he would deal with a teammate like James Harrison.
Jory Rand did the same thing yesterday on KDKA's TV news. They had Tangradi on as an in-studio guest. First question off the bat, Rand goes, "So hey, what do you think of the comments that James Harrison made?" Tangradi looked at him like it was a trick questions, so Rand quickly shifted it to a more general "dealing with teammates spouting off to the media." It was horribly uncomfortable.

Rand also spent a good portion of the interview asking Tangradi about...Sid's concussion and Sid's progress. *facepalm*

And who was it that interviewed Jeffrey? I missed it, but I get the impression that the only regulars at 93.7 that should be asking hockey players anything that hockey fans want to hear are Colony, Starkey and Mueller.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

the fan morning show asked dorin dickerson about the james harrison stuff

now here is dickerson, a 2nd year guy just trying to hang in the league, what exactly do you think he can/should say when asked about an established player on a good team that made a bunch of stupid comments?
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:the fan morning show asked dorin dickerson about the james harrison stuff

now here is dickerson, a 2nd year guy just trying to hang in the league, what exactly do you think he can/should say when asked about an established player on a good team that made a bunch of stupid comments?
I heard that also, and it was just so unbearably uncomfortable and stupid of them to ask him about it.
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jimjom »

I thought they were interviewing DJ Dinkins since he played with Harrison albeit briefly? If it was Dickerson, you guys are right it makes no sense.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Gianotti and Alexander epitomize everything i dislike about modern media. From what I heard this morning, Gianotti was taking every possible sensationalist spin on the stupid james harrison story you can take. Someone called in and was like, your being ridiculous, then he went off on the caller and was saying that he's (gianotti) only posing questions and speaking in hypotheticals, ie he's not arguing that harrison is a cancer, needs to be cut, and is destroying the locker room. He's only posing these question over and over again....what a joke. Then you have Alexander blaming society for overreacting to using gay slurs.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

lol...I'm convinced Troy Loney is a sadist
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jimjom »

Greg Linelli: somebody get that man a neti pot.
Ned Braden
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Ned Braden »

slappybrown wrote:
KennyTheKangaroo wrote:the fan morning show asked dorin dickerson about the james harrison stuff

I heard that also, and it was just so unbearably uncomfortable and stupid of them to ask him about it.
Stupid of them to ask? Let's see ... that whole Harrison thing hit the intenet within, what, an hour of Dickerson joining the show which (from listening the previous day and hearing them talk about it) had been scheduled well in advance. To NOT ask an NFL player (2nd year or not) about a story that was blowing up that moment . . . now THAT would have been stupid. I heard some of Dickeron's appearance and he did fine with it; it was far from unbearable IMO.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Alexander at it again this morning. Complained that he can't use gay and racial slurs because he'd get fired and Al Sharpton will show up at his door in Pittsburgh with a picket sign.

Can they please ship this ahole back to 1020 or 1.047 so he can spout his BS opinions to people that like them?
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by viva la ben »

Troy Loney wrote:Alexander at it again this morning. Complained that he can't use gay and racial slurs because he'd get fired and Al Sharpton will show up at his door in Pittsburgh with a picket sign.

Can they please ship this ahole back to 1020 or 1.047 so he can spout his BS opinions to people that like them?
Troy, didn't you hear the context of that conversation? Basically Alexander was addressing the caller who claimed society was out if control and that people say whatever they want because they have no morals.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

viva la ben wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:Alexander at it again this morning. Complained that he can't use gay and racial slurs because he'd get fired and Al Sharpton will show up at his door in Pittsburgh with a picket sign.

Troy, didn't you hear the context of that conversation? Basically Alexander was addressing the caller who claimed society was out if control and that people say whatever they want because they have no morals.

I heard him complaining about society and that he can't use racial and gay slurs cause he'd get fired. And the context was him complaining about our PC culture because he can't use gay and ethnic slurs....what context did you hear it in?
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by viva la ben »

A caller was saying that the James Harrison comments didn't surprise him because in todays society people can spout off anything. Basically the caller was saying today's society has no morals.
Paul was illustrating how wrong it is to claim that.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

viva la ben wrote:A caller was saying that the James Harrison comments didn't surprise him because in todays society people can spout off anything. Basically the caller was saying today's society has no morals.
Paul was illustrating how wrong it is to claim that.

Lol...so Alexander's retort to a caller claiming that society has no morals is to whine about how PC society is? With his example being that he'd be fired for using a gay or racial slur? Tomatoe Tomato I guess, but I'm pretty sure Alexander is a major bigot.
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Point Breeze Penguins »

Because people who listen to 104.7 and/or 1020 are definitely racists and bigots. :roll:
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by viva la ben »

I'm no Alexander fan, but I think you're a little off here Troy. He wasnt whining or complaining that he couldn't use racial/ethnic slurs, just stating that in today's society it's not something that's accepted.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

viva la ben wrote:I'm no Alexander fan, but I think you're a little off here Troy. He wasnt whining or complaining that he couldn't use racial/ethnic slurs, just stating that in today's society it's not something that's accepted.

Of course its not accepted.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Ned Braden wrote:
slappybrown wrote:

Stupid of them to ask? Let's see ... that whole Harrison thing hit the intenet within, what, an hour of Dickerson joining the show which (from listening the previous day and hearing them talk about it) had been scheduled well in advance. To NOT ask an NFL player (2nd year or not) about a story that was blowing up that moment . . . now THAT would have been stupid. I heard some of Dickeron's appearance and he did fine with it; it was far from unbearable IMO.
Fair enough, but then ask him the opening question along the lines of "how would you react if a teammate on the Texans said something like Harrison did" and then let it go. They spent a good 5 or 6 questions on it. I thought Dickerson handled himself well -- what was unbearable was the lack of self-awareness and hyena-like glee with which the hosts peppered him with questions regarding another team's dysfunction.
PensOnDVD
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by PensOnDVD »

TribLIVE Radio is proud to announce the additions of Guy Junker and John Fedko to our staff. Starting Monday August 1st, Guy Junker will host 10am to 12:30 every weekday joining Ken Laird and John Steigerwald. Then starting in September, John Fedko hosts every Monday 1pm-2pm with John Steigerwald. Fedko will also be a big part of TribLIVE Radio's High School Football Pre-Game show which will air Fridays 4pm-7pm featuring previews of every game in the WPIAL and check-ins live on the scene with Tribune-Review writers from all the big games.

They are making an effort. But until they get rid of Steigerwald and his tired repetitive BS? They have no shot.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

What is trib live radio anyways?
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Troy Loney wrote:What is trib live radio anyways?
A direct feed of Richard Mellon Scaife's darkest secrets directly into your brain with the intent of driving Troy Loney MAD :D
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

This. I had no clue that the Trib had any radio shows. I am guessing they are online?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

slappybrown wrote:
A direct feed of Richard Mellon Scaife's darkest secrets directly into your brain with the intent of driving Troy Loney MAD :D

Sounds terrible. Who do we need to off around here to get some good quality sports talk radio?
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Troy, I really don't understand why you just don't turn on the FAN.