Jagr Watch 2017

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: Jagr to PHI

Post by DontToewsMeBro »

bhaw wrote:
Why Not Us wrote:I just sold my Jagr jersey to a guy from Philly on Ebay for $70
canaan wrote:If any other mutants plan on burning jagr jerseys, I'll give you a couple bucks for the jersey instead
canaan... do you live in Philly?
I think when he said "a couple bucks" his ceiling was around $5.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

canaan wrote:If any other mutants plan on burning jagr jerseys, I'll give you a couple bucks for the jersey instead
So you could burn it yourself, right? I mean, I'd give a $20 so I could burn the damn thing.
Tomas
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Tomas »

MF Dnes daily - interview with Petr Svoboda.

Among other things:
- there was an offer for $6 mil.
- Jagr allegedly stayed in London at first

I don't think this is an interview that needs to be translated manually, so Google translation is here (remember "Svoboda=Freedom"):

http://translate.google.com/translate?j ... 28_nhl_lge" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sprtn55
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by sprtn55 »

Ok guys, I may have found something that puts some stock into moops statements that Jagr was flying straight to Vegas.
Here are some tweets from @nystuntdouble that were sent on July 1st (I'm assuming early in the morning) to our friend the Pittsburgh Eklund (I know, I know).

WARNING: Before going on, if you attempt to look up @nystuntdouble's twitter page, his profile pic is NSFW! Just wanted to give everyone a fair warning.
@TIOPS_DePaoli just got photo with jagr at MGM las Vegas so much for travel delays & things to sort out
@TIOPS_DePaoli he was complete dick to me last last night in Vegas & I was wearing pens shirt had to basically beg him to take photo with me
@TIOPS_DePaoli yes dude photo is on my digital camera not my iPhone but I am here for UFC fight saw him in elevator bank was shocked!
He also posted this picture yesterday in an attempt to prove he wasn't lying ...

Take what you want from it. Just wanted to post this since it goes along with moop's story.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Jagr does not look happy in that photo. :slug:

So the first thing he did when flying across our border is go to Las Vegas. And now he chose to be in Philadelphia right next to Atlantic City. Umm.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

Sarcastic wrote:Jagr does not look happy in that photo. :slug:

So the first thing he did when flying across our border is go to Las Vegas. And now he chose to be in Philadelphia right next to Atlantic City. Umm.
Next thing you know, Philly will be bringing back Rick Tocchet as a coach and Janet Jones Gretzky will be brought in as a Flyers consultant. :face:
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

So.....who is he being paired with for the golf tournament?
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

columbia wrote:So.....who is he being paired with for the golf tournament?
Barry Bonds and Marian Hossa.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

Sarcastic wrote:Jagr does not look happy in that photo. :slug:

No, he looks fat and old
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Is it official yet?
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

shafnutz05 wrote:Is it official yet?
Patience, grasshopper.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

I'd strip the name/numbers/A off the jersey before I'd burn it. But as for now, the jersey hangs in the closet, alongside those of Lalime, Straka, Barnaby and Sandstrom. I.e. those that aren't worn much these days, if at all.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

We need a new poll on the home page....and yes I go the answer wrong...
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by André »

[youtube][/youtube]

Beast. All time great.

I just can´t wish for him to do badly with the Flyers.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

André wrote:[youtube][/youtube]

Beast. All time great.

I just can´t wish for him to do badly with the Flyers.
Yes you can, wanting to see a Flyer player do good is a sin and if you want that to happen then take your ass to phillyphans or whatever its called!
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

I could see a scenario in which Jaromir wakes up in August and decides~ what was I thinking. He decides to stay in the Czech Republic.
Even with the penguins, I questioned him for an 82 game season and the practices.
Ben Klingston
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Ben Klingston »

[youtube][/youtube]

Courtesy dem jagoffs over at benstonium.com
Tico Rick
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Tico Rick »

penny lane wrote:I could see a scenario in which Jaromir wakes up in August and decides~ what was I thinking. He decides to stay in the Czech Republic.
Even with the penguins, I questioned him for an 82 game season and the practices.
I could see a scenario where, after floundering through the first half of the season, the Flyers unload Jagr to the Pens at the trade deadline. He then proceeds to lead the Pens to the Stanley Cup, after which he retires and has his number retired. And everyone lives happily ever after.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

Tico Rick wrote:
penny lane wrote:I could see a scenario in which Jaromir wakes up in August and decides~ what was I thinking. He decides to stay in the Czech Republic.
I could see a scenario where, after floundering through the first half of the season, the Flyers unload Jagr to the Pens at the trade deadline. He then proceeds to lead the Pens to the Stanley Cup, after which he retires and has his number retired. And everyone lives happily ever after.

And I can see a scenario where after much hype Jagr performs like an aging 39 year old over the hill self absorbed former superstar and still hasn't come to terms with the fact that the world doesn't revolve around him.

He disappears into the flyers mediocre season not unlike Alexi Yashin on the Islanders a dozen or so years ago.

Who cares? There will be dozens of better stories throughout the season.
no name
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by no name »

Perdiction on Jagrs point total. 19 goals 31 assists.
Last edited by no name on Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

no name wrote:Does anyone really expect Jagr to put up decent numbers. I can see 25 goals at best.
I think that is decent for a 39 year old former super star who hasn't played in the NHL.
no name
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by no name »

newarenanow wrote:
no name wrote:Does anyone really expect Jagr to put up decent numbers. I can see 25 goals at best.
I think that is decent for a 39 year old former super star who hasn't played in the NHL.
I edited that post sorry, after thinking about it 25 seemed way to generious. When i look at the names who scored around 25 he just didn't match up.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

no name wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
I edited that post sorry, after thinking about it 25 seemed way to generious. When i look at the names who scored around 25 he just didn't match up.
I think he can get around 20-25 goals and 65-70 pts this year, as long as he remains healthy/depending on how many games he plays.

I think his season average projected out to 82 games will be around that.
Streaks House
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Streaks House »

newarenanow wrote:
no name wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
I think he can get around 20-25 goals and 65-70 pts this year, as long as he remains healthy/depending on how many games he plays.

I think his season average projected out to 82 games will be around that.
Cue "Official Jagr 2011-2012 Stat Prediction Thread" :slug:
Tomas
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Tomas »

St. Petersburg people disappointed with Jagr as well:
Recently you were looking forward to bringing Jaromir Jagr [to your summer training camp] to Přerov {the Czech Republic}. You got really far while negotiating with him. Do you still remain disappointed by the fact that he chose the NHL comeback instead?

"I was fairly disappointed by that. I have known Jarda for a long time, we always dealt with each other openly. I was there in person during his first two meetings with St. Petersburg, his interest was enormous. He hurried us to get his contract prepared ASAP. So I pushed the management of St. Petersburg to put it together quickly. The contract was prepared, I think quite an interesting one. But Jarda suddenly began to hide behind something, the communication between us became silent, and we did not know where we stood. I am disappointed he did not clearly let us know about his intentions. That he wanted to wait until the NHL free agent market opened. This is what bothered me the most. We could have talked frankly. After all, we would have waited for him - in the case of a top player like him that would have been a sure thing. "
More here:

http://translate.google.com/translate?j ... lamal.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;