TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: TV Shows

Post by canaan »

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:
canaan wrote:
cheesesteakwithegg wrote:Yeah, your list looks pretty accurate, as none of those ring a bell in my head. Totally forgot about Lucky Louie. That show deserved another season. Im glad that I got it on DVD. Carnivale is next on my list to watch once I am done with The Wire.

BTW canaan, we have a mutual friend on facebook. And no, its not my/your brother :pop:
hmmmm....care to elaborate? :pop:
This person is female, Serbian, and had a birthday yesterday. I was on her wall b/c she replied to my happy b-day message, and I saw a name that looked familiar - which was you.
Haha too cool. I was in a bunch of classes with her in school. Awesome chick.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

I went to HS with her, and I am good friends with her husband. We got arrested together back in the day for smashing mailboxes, lol.
danisu21
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by danisu21 »

canaan wrote:
cheesesteakwithegg wrote:
canaan wrote:
cheesesteakwithegg wrote:Yeah, your list looks pretty accurate, as none of those ring a bell in my head. Totally forgot about Lucky Louie. That show deserved another season. Im glad that I got it on DVD. Carnivale is next on my list to watch once I am done with The Wire.

BTW canaan, we have a mutual friend on facebook. And no, its not my/your brother :pop:
hmmmm....care to elaborate? :pop:
This person is female, Serbian, and had a birthday yesterday. I was on her wall b/c she replied to my happy b-day message, and I saw a name that looked familiar - which was you.
Haha too cool. I was in a bunch of classes with her in school. Awesome chick.
funny story...i know her, too. my sister was in her wedding.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Leverage is back. Good episode for the season premiere.

Also, Royal Pains came back last night. Chef - that girl you like was in it. Natalie Zea.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Sarcastic wrote:Leverage is back. Good episode for the season premiere.
Still haven't finished the Christmas finale with Moreau...

but we did watch the Body of Proof finale and the 2nd episode of Combat Hospital last night, and the 2nd episode of Falling Skies the night before that.

So far, the new shows are strong. Lots of competition for summer viewing this year. Maybe the traditional calendar of show seasons is blurring, as new shows appear in all times of the year now across network, basic, and pay cable.

Also, saw the series finale of Law & Order: Criminal Intent last night. Not very finale-like, more like a normal episode. Yet it was billed as the series finale.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Any opinion on Falling Skies yet? Two episodes so far and I have to be honest... I don't like it. I'm trying to like it really hard. Space aliens. Takeover of planet earth. That's right up my alley. But I don't like it. The aliens look ridiculous. The robots look ridiculous and they walk ridiculous. Why are those robots so nervous anyway? A wind blows and they start shooting all over. Acting is substandard for most actors. Moon Bloodgood is great. Sarah Carter can act, but she was nowhere to be found in episode 2. The old general is a C-rate actor. His #2 (the bearded guy's captain) sucks too. The bearded guy is fine, but his 2 sons can't act for nothing. Did you see that older one trying to get up for 30 seconds when the robots were executing 5 kids? And then how he cried to his dad? He has no acting talent whatsoever. The story moves so slow, it's actually pretty boring. I don't like it. I'll watch a couple more, I suppose, but that's my opinion, at least.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Second "Suits" episode tonight was excellent. There isn't a single bad actor on here - love the whole cast. Serious case again. But very fun, very enjoyable at the same time. If this continues, this will be one of the best made shows on TV.

The bartender girl from this commercial has a significant role on the show. Meaning, she's on a lot. Meghan Markle. Hot x 4.

[youtube][/youtube]
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Not saying I'm at your mom's house, not saying I'm not.

Post by Chefpatrick871 »

^^^ yeah, shes smokin, def liked the pilot of Suits, waiting for tonights epi to download, damn TPB being down had to really hunt for a torrent.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

Wilfred...I'm still not sure how I feel about it.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

just finished season 5 of the shield...
Spoiler:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! NOT LEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Physical_Graffiti »

Jack Black on Leno = Awesome-sauce
neophool
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by neophool »

OMG page 68!!!!! lets get this too 168 by...oh wait wrong thread, time, and universe.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

James Spader signed on to be CEO on the Office.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Episode 3 of Falling Skies. Just like the other two. 95% boring drama, 5% poorly executed action scenes. With bad acting, bad special effects, and a bad story. Cheap budget.
Spoiler:
Did you guys see the 30 second corner-of-the-eye stare the captain gave the bearded guy? What is it with guys on all these shows, trying to act macho to others even if they're on the same side. That guy playing captain is such a bad actor, I can't stand him.

Some racism? The criminal cook looked at the black guy and said... so are you from the Bloods or the Crypts. The black guy responded he's Boston PD. Yup, see a black guy, automatically paint him a gang banger.

300 people are in their camp and NOT ONE KNEW HOW TO COOK so they ate garbage until the criminal came along. This is their reason to justify keeping him along.

Boring episode, with BS conversations, with the last 5 minutes when they had to put some action in. So they killed off a few aliens.

When the guy put the barrel of his gun in the caged alien's mouth and the alien passed out, I burst out laughing.
I don't watch so many movies lately, but a lot of people say Spielberg has been shooting a lot of blanks lately. This is a definite blank. I'll give it one more episode, then I'm likely done.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Malkamaniac wrote:James Spader signed on to be CEO on the Office.
Hah...he was damned creepy in that episode.
It can work, but they'll need a good character to handle the day to day office itself.
I suppose Dwight would work, but not my first choice.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

columbia wrote:
It can work, but they'll need a good character to handle the day to day office itself.
I think they'll do this, hiring of random celebs until they find one that fits.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

columbia wrote:
There are several people up for Steve Carell's old gig. Ricky Gervais has been mentioned, as well as Will Arnett (I don't think he would be a good fit, Arnett that is)
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

I'd like Gervais, but Carrell's character and Gervais character are so vastly different in my mind. I don't think Americans would like it if he translated a carbon copy of his brit character here.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Sons of Guns... interesting little show.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

They need to cut the Indian guy and the little black girl from Franklin/Bash. They provide nothing. Indian guy's only role is to be the token "idiot". The black girl has zero acting talent. Her way of showing emotion is manipulating her lips. She'll either make them look like she's a duck when she's trying to make a point, or she'll pull her smile to the side, like she's pretending to think or something.

I believe I'm done with this one after tonight. They sure are trying to get ratings, though. Every week they have some big name actor play a part. Jason Alexander was on tonight.

They are trying too hard to make the show funny to the point it becomes silly and stupid. Their cases suck - they should at least make those interesting.
Spoiler:
Oh. Tonight. A lady came from India for a meeting they decided to set up at the two lawyers' place. So she looks at the refrigerator door and there are toe nail clippings glued to the door. If that wasn't stupid enough, she gets so disgusted and terrified of those, she needs to use a breathing inhaler for asthma and then runs out screaming "CALL 911". This is how silly the show is.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

I heard about the Jason Alexander appearance via twitter this AM. Still haven't finished the pilot, though, so although it shows promise, it is dragging more than Falling Skies seems to be. New episodes are accumulating on the DVR for Franklin and Bash, whereas we are caught up on Falling Skies.

So far, our surprise favorite of the new/returning shows right now is Combat Hospital. Though maybe that is because episodic sometimes works better than long story arcs. Re: falling skies, if only it were as good as Jericho was its first season...
Kerry Fraser
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Kerry Fraser »

My GF bought me the entire first season of "Cheers" on DVD for my birthday. She's obviously a keeper. :thumb:
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

relantel wrote:Re: falling skies, if only it were as good as Jericho was its first season...
Yup, I liked Jericho. A bit too much of the macho play there too, but I was disappointed when they cancelled it.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Kerry Fraser wrote:My GF bought me the entire first season of "Cheers" on DVD for my birthday. She's obviously a keeper. :thumb:
Awesome. Maybe my favorite comedy sitcom ever.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Kerry Fraser wrote:My GF bought me the entire first season of "Cheers" on DVD for my birthday. She's obviously a keeper. :thumb:
she shouldve just bought you netflix. the whole series is streaming. i went through season 1 in a day. #wheredthetimego