Jagr Watch 2017

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: Jagr to PHI

Post by pittsports87 »

The sequel to Crosby skates will be "Jagr Gambles"
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

People who ask Jaromir Jagr for directions are never heard from again.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

Jagr tried to set up a Facebook profile, but Mark Zuckerberg worried that the demand for a DISLIKE button would be overwhelming.
Tico Rick
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Tico Rick »

When Paul Holmgren offered Jagr a contract, Holmgren said he'd get superstar treatment. Jagr didn't realize that meant he'd be playing on a line with Max Talbot.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by HomerPenguin »

Jaromir Jagr is a smelly pirate hooker.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

That kukla read was terrific and so was an article by DK. Someone posted 3 links in one post - can't find them now, but I read them on the phone this weekend. Also read two interviews with Jagr.

I have to say that I am glad that MENTAL CASE didn't sign with us.

1. He was asked about what he once said about playing for Mario for minimum out of "respect" for him. Now he says it was taken out of context, that he has to do what's best of him, and that he doesn't owe the fans in Pittsburgh anything.

But didn't that moron just say his heart was in Pittsburgh?

2. He'd rather play with Briere and Giroux than Crosby/Malkin or Zett/Datsyuk? WTF.

3. He said Crosby and Malkin (and the guys in Detroit) like speedy wingers and that he's not so fast anymore. Has he ever watched Briere or Giroux play a game? They both play very much like Crosby. Speed and tenacity.

4. Did he just say that he chose the Flyers because they have a chance win the cup? They just traded 2 of their most productive players and replaced them with kids. Lost Leino. Who do they have left? Briere and Giroux (both solid players but nowhere in the class of C/M or Z/D), JVR (I like him, but he only scored in every other game in the reg. season and playoffs last year, so he likely isn't good enough to carry the team), Hartnell. Am I missing anyone? Vorajec's OK. Schenn is 21 and who knows if he will even play this year. Couturier is 18. Pronger's getting old and coming off a back surgery. Timonen's old and slow. Carle sucks. Their defense was exposed.

Jagr thinks the Flyers will compete for the cup this year? He said he has kept up with the NHL while in Russia. Yeah, maybe with the scores and standings columns - I doubt he has actually watched the games. Flyers are a big question mark.

5. He was worried about the PP because he likes to play on the right side. Well, Malkin or he could play right point, or they could even break up the PP into two units. Something would have been figured out, so I don't buy it.

6. He says he took less money. Yeah, maybe Edmonton offered more. I'm sure he took the biggest money from a "good" team.

7. I really think he wants to be a team's star again. Focus wouldn't be on him in Pitt. or Det., but it surely will be in Philly. He better be careful what he wishes for, though, because if things don't go right and those fans turn on him...

8. Kukla brought up an interesting point. If things start going badly, if they aren't successful, they have 3 egomaniacs on board: Pronger, Bryzgalov, and Jagr. Watch out for the fireworks.

9. I don't know if anyone brought it up yet, but Jagr is going to be one hour away from ATLANTIC CITY and he's going to have ONE MILLION DOLLARS EXTRA to play with.
Last edited by Sarcastic on Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Tico Rick
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Tico Rick »

Sarcastic wrote:9. I don't know if anyone brought it up yet, but Jagr is going to be one hour away from ATLANTIC CITY and he's going to have ONE MILLION DOLLARS EXTRA to play with.
Jagr to ATL CITY?
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

Tico Rick wrote:When Paul Holmgren offered Jagr a contract, Holmgren said he'd get superstar treatment. Jagr didn't realize that meant he'd be playing on a line with Max Talbot.
This one made me LOL :fist:
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

Jagr was, is, and will always be a d*****. Still doesn't change my opinion that he's one of the Top 5 talents to ever play.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by ExPatriatePen »

meecrofilm wrote:Jagr was, is, and will always be a d*****. Still doesn't change my opinion that he's one of the Top 5 talents to ever play.
Really? Really? What are you using as a benchmark?

3. Bobby Orr
3. Gordy Howe
4. Maurice “Rocket” Richard

And then Jagr?

I don't think so.

Greater than Mark Messier, Bobby Hull, Mike Bossy, Jean Beliveau, Guy Lafleur?

Greater than guys playing today like Ovy and Crosby?

IMHO he's not even the best Euro, Stan Mikita is.

And I haven't even mentioned any Goalies.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

ExPatriatePen wrote:IMHO he's not even the best Euro, Stan Mikita is.
The awards he's racked up and his standing among goal scoring and points leaders would beg to differ with you.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

Pitts wrote:
The awards he's racked up and his standing among goal scoring and points leaders would beg to differ with you.
Indeed. Plus I said "talents" not "players" (though you could still certainly argue the latter). He had one of those unique blends of size, skill, hands, power, play-making, scoring, etc. that you just don't see, and he was able to translate it into one of the most successful and prolific NHL careers of all time.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by ExPatriatePen »

meecrofilm wrote:
Pitts wrote:
Indeed. Plus I said "talents" not "players" (though you could still certainly argue the latter). He had one of those unique blends of size, skill, hands, power, play-making, scoring, etc. that you just don't see, and he was able to translate it into one of the most successful and prolific NHL careers of all time.
First I respect your opinion, but I have to point out that Jagr played against a very diluted talent pool. I think many times people forget this when comparing players of the 90's against those that came before.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

Well sure, you could argue that, but I could also argue that many of his prime years were played in the clutch-and-grab dead puck era, and during that time he was playing WITH a diluted talent pool. The numbers (to go along with the accolades) would be even more dominant if this weren't the case.

Chalk it up to a difference in opinion I guess :thumb:
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by ExPatriatePen »

meecrofilm wrote:Well sure, you could argue that, but I could also argue that many of his prime years were played in the clutch-and-grab dead puck era, and during that time he was playing WITH a diluted talent pool. The numbers (to go along with the accolades) would be even more dominant if this weren't the case.

Chalk it up to a difference in opinion I guess :thumb:
Just had to respond to the comment that Jags was playing with sub-par players. You really can't make that argument for the first half dozen or so years that he played.

Either way, we have a difference of opinion, with respect to Mikta. I still haven't heard anything about how you rank him above the others I mentioned. :)
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

Well I did say "during that time" in regards to the dead puck ear for the quality of players comment. Of course he played with great players during the early stages of his career.

And I'm honestly not educated enough about Mikita to make an honest opinion. I WILL however object to Gordie Howe on your list. Being a physical freak doesn't make you one of the most talented players ever. I would also put JJ over Messier, Hull, most of the other legends on the list (the pure goal scoring ones) and pretty much any current player (until they build up a resume) in terms of greatest overall talent.
PensOnDVD
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by PensOnDVD »

[youtube][/youtube]
Kerry Fraser
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Kerry Fraser »

PensOnDVD wrote:[youtube][/youtube]
I feel really sorry for the people who do this and put it on youtube. Like, really sorry.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

If any other mutants plan on burning jagr jerseys, I'll give you a couple bucks for the jersey instead
Kerry Fraser
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Kerry Fraser »

Who's more pathetic, the dude burning the jersey, or the dude who took time out of his day to film his friend burning a jersey?
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

I knew that seemed familiar....

[youtube][/youtube]
Why Not Us
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Why Not Us »

I just sold my Jagr jersey to a guy from Philly on Ebay for $70
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Why Not Us wrote:I just sold my Jagr jersey to a guy from Philly on Ebay for $70
canaan wrote:If any other mutants plan on burning jagr jerseys, I'll give you a couple bucks for the jersey instead
canaan... do you live in Philly?