The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: 93.7 The Fan Now On

Post by Troy Loney »

who cares how much he makes, he sucks. Send him back to NY, pay him whatever, he's terrible for pittsburgh sports coverage.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

Streaks House wrote:Yep. Unfortunately I'd have a hard time seeing this happening given Madden's distaste for 93.7 The Fan. That said, CBS would have to throw Madden MEGA bucks to get him interested.

Madden's distate is probably highly fabricated. Lets not forget how much he used to rip Stan when Stan and MM were going head to head. However, they now work together somewhat often, and they work well together.
PensOnDVD
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by PensOnDVD »

Dunlap's a twit. By far the most thin-skinned member of the media. He's even worse than John Steigerwald, and that's saying a lot.
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by IanMoran »

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:
Streaks House wrote:Yep. Unfortunately I'd have a hard time seeing this happening given Madden's distaste for 93.7 The Fan. That said, CBS would have to throw Madden MEGA bucks to get him interested.

Madden's distate is probably highly fabricated. Lets not forget how much he used to rip Stan when Stan and MM were going head to head. However, they now work together somewhat often, and they work well together.
I love Stan / MM together. Probably my favorite combo and I'm not a Madden fan. When he's with Stan he seems to cool his act / get somewhat away from just trying to be a shock jock and it is much better (because he actually has knowledge, I'm just tired of the routine)
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by IanMoran »

PensOnDVD wrote:Dunlap's a twit. By far the most thin-skinned member of the media. He's even worse than John Steigerwald, and that's saying a lot.
He reminded me of a 12 year old girl through that whole LGP fight thing
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Bowser »

You know, this constant harping about Colin Dunlap is getting old.
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Point Breeze Penguins »

Bowser wrote:You know, this constant harping by Colin Dunlap is getting old.
fify
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

It's hilarious that for a station so many people seem to hate, we have an extremely active thread.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

the wicked child wrote:It's hilarious that for a station so many people seem to hate, we have an extremely active thread.
LGP loves to hate. I said this before, but if this radio station was good this thread wouldn't have made it to 20 pages.
PensOnDVD
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by PensOnDVD »

Bowser wrote:You know, this constant harping about Colin Dunlap is getting old.
It gets old when he throws a fit when one person says anything negative about him.

Suck it up, improve your performance, and make people change their opinion.

He'd rather cry and try to convince people via email how great he is.
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by viva la ben »

Dunlap has taken on the WWE "heel announcer" persona in his tweets.
tonysoprano
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by tonysoprano »

viva la ben wrote:Dunlap has taken on the WWE "heel announcer" persona in his tweets.
Worked pretty well for Madden.
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by viva la ben »

Too bad Madden doesn't twitter(at least I don't think he does), it would be funny war between those two.
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by IanMoran »

Bowser wrote:You know, this constant harping about Colin Dunlap is getting old.
You appear to have a friendly relationship so I understand you stating this, but he doesn't even get criticized that much compared to others. LGP hates all sports media. Idk one non-Penguin affiliated member of the media who LGP generally likes outside of Stan Savarn (who is pretty much a Pittsburgh legend at this time)
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

I dont care for savran either.
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by IanMoran »

Troy Loney wrote:I dont care for savran either.
Lol, I'm not stating everyone loves him just saying he's probably the only non-Penguin affiliated guy who has a positive rating on LGP

I hate:
Andrew Filliponi

I dislike:
Anything TIOPS related
Rob Rossi
The Fan Morning show
Lacee Collins
Chris Mack

It seems like the majority of LGP users hate 95% of media personality which makes their distaste for people kind of meaningless. Just my opinion though
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

I know i've said this before, and maybe its just ramped up nostalgia. But all sports talk radio has sucked since 1250 kicked Madden off. His show on 105.9 isn't half as good as it was when he was on and Colony was doing the sportscenters. his weekly show with Jack Hamm was great, and the banter between him and colony was funny and done perfectly.

I'd like a solo Starkey show, he used to do the weekend shows on 1250 and those were always good. Insightful guests and legimate sports talk...laird was on that show alot, they'd actually do some insightful sports analysis instead of the ridiculous sensationalist talk that the fan does constantly.

/bring back real espn radio
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

MIKE AND MIKE IN THE MORNING
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

shafnutz05 wrote:MIKE AND MIKE IN THE MORNING

meh
tonysoprano
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by tonysoprano »

Troy Loney wrote:I know i've said this before, and maybe its just ramped up nostalgia. But all sports talk radio has sucked since 1250 kicked Madden off. His show on 105.9 isn't half as good as it was when he was on and Colony was doing the sportscenters. his weekly show with Jack Hamm was great, and the banter between him and colony was funny and done perfectly.

I'd like a solo Starkey show, he used to do the weekend shows on 1250 and those were always good. Insightful guests and legimate sports talk...laird was on that show alot, they'd actually do some insightful sports analysis instead of the ridiculous sensationalist talk that the fan does constantly.

I couldn't agree more, Troy. With basically everything you've said here.
tonysoprano
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by tonysoprano »

Troy Loney wrote:

meh
I get sick of their schtick. They're worth listening in football season. But that's about it.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

tonysoprano wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:

meh
I get sick of their schtick. They're worth listening in football season. But that's about it.
except the greenie loves the Jets schtick is overwhelmingly annoying.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

I'm not a fan of M&M, unless I am listening to it during the commercial for something else I listen to. Honestly, the worst part of that show is the CONSTANT hawking of advertisements and products. There is more advertising on that show than any other show I've ever listened or watched.

Also, when they were doing that annoying schtick with Justin Bieber that I thought would never end, that was annoying too.
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by IanMoran »

Troy Loney wrote:I know i've said this before, and maybe its just ramped up nostalgia. But all sports talk radio has sucked since 1250 kicked Madden off. His show on 105.9 isn't half as good as it was when he was on and Colony was doing the sportscenters. his weekly show with Jack Hamm was great, and the banter between him and colony was funny and done perfectly.

I think the problem with LGP and Pittsburgh radio is it is obvious almost all of these guys were not big hockey fans and they are forced into a spot in which they aren't that knowledgeable. Sometimes it makes for comical moments when you can tell these guys are just looking at some sheet or get completely lost with a caller who has a lot more knowledge about the NHL / Pens than them. For some some reason this doesn't bother me because I accept that it is impossible for someone to be an expert on everything. Example, yes Vinnie knows NOTHING about hockey (probably just attempted to get a crash course before coming on the air here), but he definitely knows more about baseball than me.

I think this explains the Madden love on here (pre- Cop Killer fiasco) because he is a Penguins fan first / most knowledgeable about them
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

speaking of annoying, when are sibel and starkey going to stop making those retarded gerbil jokes