The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: 93.7 The Fan Now On

Post by Point Breeze Penguins »

Is she still calling?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

wtf else is she going to do with her life?
IronDukes37
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IronDukes37 »

Last edited by IronDukes37 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

IronDukes37 wrote:Anyone follow these guys on twitter, I started this week, the Pens dislike is palpable
just search for anything @937thefan

edit: right on cue: 937LateShift Chris Mueller Only rational response to the end of Jagr Watch is to say, "Buccos!"

earlier:
937Catfish Joe Kapp
All of this #Jagrwatch stuff has made the #Pirates being only 2 games back slip through the cracks.

JColony13 Jim Colony
I've rarely been so glad to have a morning off. Couldnt stomach a 3rd day of #JagrWatch talk. Plus, there's that 8 str hrs of sleep thing!

Jagr watch was getting unbearable. But everytime the fan covers a story it becomes completely unbearable (see Wannstedt, Dave). I think they just need to look in the mirrors to see how absolutely terrible the programming is when being done by the on air personalities. They all really suck at conducting radio shows.

Colony is the only person on the station I like anymore, and he's a complimentary peace, and he excels in that role.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

I wish they could just bring madden back to do the drivetime show, i can't listen to his show on the x on a consistent basis because of all the terrible music they play.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

ron cook had his smug pants on after pens released they werent signing jagr.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

Troy Loney wrote:I wish they could just bring madden back to do the drivetime show, i can't listen to his show on the x on a consistent basis because of all the terrible music they play.
Agree 100% :thumb:
IronDukes37
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IronDukes37 »

Last edited by IronDukes37 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tonysoprano
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by tonysoprano »

As big of a jerk as cook supposedly was, he sure had Jagr nailed. Guy hasn't changed in 10 years. Guess Dejan loses this round.
tonysoprano
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by tonysoprano »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:ron cook had his smug pants on after pens released they werent signing jagr.
He should have - he was right all along.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Just because he was right doesn't mean he has to mention it every other caller. When he acts like that it seems like he's never been right before. Atleast show some tact and act like you've had that feeling before.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:Just because he was right doesn't mean he has to mention it every other caller. When he acts like that it seems like he's never been right before. Atleast show some tact and act like you've had that feeling before.
pfft, you'll act the same way once Letang becomes the truth again
tonysoprano
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by tonysoprano »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:Just because he was right doesn't mean he has to mention it every other caller. When he acts like that it seems like he's never been right before. Atleast show some tact and act like you've had that feeling before.
Right. Humble in victory. When you have 90% of the fans thinking you're an idiot for saying what you're saying, and it ends up that you were right all along, you're certainly entitled to a bit of a victory celebration.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

tonysoprano wrote:
Right. Humble in victory. When you have 90% of the fans thinking you're an idiot for saying what you're saying, and it ends up that you were right all along, you're certainly entitled to a bit of a victory celebration.
Ron Cook is still an idiot.
tonysoprano
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by tonysoprano »

pittsports87 wrote:
tonysoprano wrote:
Not this time, my friend. Jagr had the rest of you fooled, though. Hook. Line. Sinker.... Done.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

tonysoprano wrote:
pittsports87 wrote:
tonysoprano wrote:
Not this time, my friend. Jagr had the rest of you fooled, though. Hook. Line. Sinker.... Done.
I think Cook didn't hate Jagr as much as he acted, and it was all just an act because he knew how much Yinzers wanted him.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

tony is right.
Jagr suckered the fanbase....including me.
tonysoprano
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by tonysoprano »

columbia wrote:tony is right.
Jagr suckered the fanbase....including me.
Thankfully, I was in a position to not have personal feelings mixed up in this one. I've hated the guy for ten years, and endorsed his signing personally only because I thought it was our best option for the betterment of the team.

My brother on the hand - loved Jagr - I guarantee he's taking this one to work with him tomorrow.
Streaks House
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Streaks House »

pittsports87 wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:I wish they could just bring madden back to do the drivetime show, i can't listen to his show on the x on a consistent basis because of all the terrible music they play.
Agree 100% :thumb:
Yep. Unfortunately I'd have a hard time seeing this happening given Madden's distaste for 93.7 The Fan. That said, CBS would have to throw Madden MEGA bucks to get him interested.
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jimjom »

Does Madden really make as much as he says? Anyone know what kind of salary he earns? Agree with the music thing. I'd listen to him on the Fan. I don't think the Fan pays very well though. IMO forget which DJ said it this weekend, a part timer I'm sure, but it was alluded to that he makes $11,000 a year.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

jimjom wrote:Does Madden really make as much as he says? Anyone know what kind of salary he earns? Agree with the music thing. I'd listen to him on the Fan. I don't think the Fan pays very well though. IMO forget which DJ said it this weekend, a part timer I'm sure, but it was alluded to that he makes $11,000 a year.
When he was with 1250, i remember reading that he made 12,000 a month. Which wouldn't surprise me.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

How much do these guys make? Like gianatti? I never hear him on any slots or updates other than the morning show so does he work 20 hours a week? Do they have other jobs?
tonysoprano
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by tonysoprano »

I bet Marshall Dylan would know....
IronDukes37
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IronDukes37 »

Last edited by IronDukes37 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Point Breeze Penguins »

It takes a good bit of time to prep any kind of talk show so I would not say he works 20 hours per week just because that is how long he is on the air.