Jagr Watch 2017

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
profpolisci
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Re: Jagr to PHI

Post by profpolisci »

DePaoli's take seems to me to be the correct one.
Also, for Jagr not to retire a Penguin and have his number retired would be a shame.
Can't believe this organization would be that small and preposterously petty.

*Tomas, thanks!
Sigwolf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Sigwolf »

I'm surprised there haven't been comments on this gem...

"Jaromir Jagr says he spurned more lucrative offers to make his NHL comeback with the Philadelphia Flyers."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=txflyersjagr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

No banner. **** him and his drama. He did it in 2001 and 10 years later, we are back at square 1.

If the Flyers thought Mike Richards and Jeff Carter were cancers, wait until they get a load of Jagr.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

profpolisci wrote:DePaoli's take seems to me to be the correct one.
Also, for Jagr not to retire a Penguin and have his number retired would be a shame.

*Tomas, thanks!
Depaoli is stupid.
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

tonysoprano wrote:
It certainly convinced me that my disdain for the guy over the last ten years wasn't misguided in any way.
Agreed. A lot of greatness for years and then.....he simply quit giving an effort with the Pens and became a sulking brat coach-killer who was a drag on the franchise, basically no-showed on the Caps, and then went into his sulky non-competitive ways in NY. He had a nice run at the end as a Ranger when he suddenly became motivated and convinced some that he still had "it,", but he's a shell of his former self and still a total diva. Glad he'll be suiting up in Philly this year and can't wait to see how he is incapable of handling the heat from the Flyer faithful and media. He's obviously shown he still has little maturity at 39 and I don't see it ending well in Philadelphia.

Jagr missed his calling as a NHL WR because he'd fit right in with some of the bigger headcases/primadonnas like a TO, Ochocinco, Moss, etc. that exist there.
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by littlemoonboot »

Streaks House wrote:I just watched the Shero presser. His emotions/mood immediately changed when he got into talking about Talbot.

"I just talked to Max, had a really nice conversation with, this is a totally different situation as I have a relationship with Max Talbot."

A subtle jab at Jagr by RS? :thumb:
Bylsma, Mario and the fans were on board, I think Shero was willing to be a good sport for a certain price and from a business perspective, but I never got the feeling that Shero was ever really too enthusiastic about Jagr, and understandably didn't have full trust and had him at arm's length all this time.

I also do not get the sense that Jagr has ever been all that keen on Crosby.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

God-willing & creeks don't rise~ I hope I am at the penguin game when Evgeni, Sid or both pass up #68 in
all time points!
They may not get there, but here's hoping!

Maybe the penguin crowd should whistle at jags as the flyer crowd use to do!
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

If anything every forces me to leave this site, it will be this thread. And what will you all say? You'll have to cheer for Jagr again. :pop:
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by littlemoonboot »

Idoit40fans wrote:If anything every forces me to leave this site, it will be this thread. And what will you all say? :pop:
...I'd wish you a nice life? :pop:
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

Idoit40fans wrote:If anything every forces me to leave this site, it will be this thread. And what will you all say? You'll have to cheer for Jagr again. :pop:
Talk to you on facebook?
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

I do wish Brooks Orpik had a comment for us about Jagr...he needs to tweet!
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by littlemoonboot »

penny lane wrote:I do wish Brooks Orpik had a comment for us about Jagr...he needs to tweet!
"I hope I don't offend anybody, but I think Twitter is really dumb." -Brooks Orpik

If the Hossa debacle was any indicator, he probably wouldn't have much of anything to say about Jagr and probably wouldn't be impressed with the fans hysteria over all this. He thought booing Hossa was dumb.

He thinks a lot of things are dumb. :lol:
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

Idoit40fans wrote:If anything every forces me to leave this site, it will be this thread. And what will you all say? You'll have to cheer for Jagr again. :pop:
I'd say, given yer screen name it was probably pre ordained anyway. :pop:
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Idoit40fans wrote:Word is Jagr is still the second greatest Penguin of all time and a top 15 player of all time. It will be embarrassing if his number isn't retired
shortly after he retires.
"embarrassing" has definitely replaced "selfish" as the most over-used adjective in the lgp community.
Ossa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Ossa »

"When I looked, for me, a centerman, a good player like Briere or Giroux, who are right handed, have a right-handed shot. I like to play power play on the right side, and I think because they’re right-handed, they like to play on the other side. I think it would be a problem if I would play in Pittsburgh with Crosby or Malkin, left handed, and have to play on the other side, when I’ve played all my life on the right side, I don’t think I would be able to play there. Or if I go to Detroit, with Datsyuk and Zetterberg, they’re left-handed and they play on the boards where I used to play at. I don’t think I would have a chance to play at all. If I’m going to play good, at least I have a chance to play. That was the other thing I was thinking."

http://anthonysintheroom.blogspot.com/2 ... peaks.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Sure.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

I guess he doesn't love Kip Miller anymore then.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

littlemoonboot wrote:
penny lane wrote:I do wish Brooks Orpik had a comment for us about Jagr...he needs to tweet!
"I hope I don't offend anybody, but I think Twitter is really dumb." -Brooks Orpik

If the Hossa debacle was any indicator, he probably wouldn't have much of anything to say about Jagr and probably wouldn't be impressed with the fans hysteria over all this. He thought booing Hossa was dumb.

:P his former penguin D partner is very funny with twitter. I know no penguin would come out and be brutally honest about #68; darnit! Talbot might have, Cooke would get another suspension. 8-)
Bob McKenzie
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: "I swear I will sign the contract, Mario." *fingers crossed*

Post by Bob McKenzie »

Ossa wrote:"When I looked, for me, a centerman, a good player like Briere or Giroux, who are right handed, have a right-handed shot. I like to play power play on the right side, and I think because they’re right-handed, they like to play on the other side. I think it would be a problem if I would play in Pittsburgh with Crosby or Malkin, left handed, and have to play on the other side, when I’ve played all my life on the right side, I don’t think I would be able to play there. Or if I go to Detroit, with Datsyuk and Zetterberg, they’re left-handed and they play on the boards where I used to play at. I don’t think I would have a chance to play at all. If I’m going to play good, at least I have a chance to play. That was the other thing I was thinking."

http://anthonysintheroom.blogspot.com/2 ... peaks.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So Giroux and Briere are better than 4 of the top centers in the world (Crosby, Malkin, Datsyuk, and Zetterberg). :pop:

Eff U JARG.
Last edited by Bob McKenzie on Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

Ossa wrote: I think it would be a problem if I would play in Pittsburgh with Crosby or Malkin, left handed, and have to play on the other side, when I’ve played all my life on the right side, I don’t think I would be able to play there.[/b][/u]"

Telling, very telling. Already talking about how he wants to be used in the Flyers schema.

Lavey can't be very happy right now.
Bob McKenzie
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: "I swear I will sign the contract, Mario." *fingers crossed*

Post by Bob McKenzie »

The best karma would be for the Flyers to not make the playoffs this year, which I believe is a possibility to happening. One major injury to Pronger and that team is toast.
Ossa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Ossa »

Ossa wrote:"When I looked, for me, a centerman, a good player like Briere or Giroux, who are right handed, have a right-handed shot. I like to play power play on the right side, and I think because they’re right-handed, they like to play on the other side. I think it would be a problem if I would play in Pittsburgh with Crosby or Malkin, left handed, and have to play on the other side, when I’ve played all my life on the right side, I don’t think I would be able to play there. Or if I go to Detroit, with Datsyuk and Zetterberg, they’re left-handed and they play on the boards where I used to play at. I don’t think I would have a chance to play at all. If I’m going to play good, at least I have a chance to play. That was the other thing I was thinking."

Ron Francis was left-handed :face:
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by llipgh2 »

It's obvious he felt intimidated, threatened, jealous, whatever...by Sid, Geno, Datsyuk and Zetterberg. He has no real on ice threats to his hockey manhood from teammates in Philly. Which is why he chose Philly.

It really wasn't the money. It was his ego. He perceives no chance of it being bruised there.
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by littlemoonboot »

penny lane wrote:
littlemoonboot wrote:

:P his former penguin D partner is very funny with twitter. I know no penguin would come out and be brutally honest about #68; darnit! Talbot might have, Cooke would get another suspension. 8-)
And players are different about this sort of thing than we fans are. A number of them probably respect him as a player and his (and Talbot's) freedom to play wherever he chooses...

...that being said, there's no doubt in my mind that the Pens will have December 29th circled on their calendars in any case. They aren't completely immune to everything. :twisted:
tonysoprano
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by tonysoprano »

profpolisci wrote:DePaoli's take seems to me to be the correct one.

*Tomas, thanks!
Small and petty? You can't let this guy continually spit in your face reward him for it. Sorry.