Jagr Watch 2017

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: Jagr to PHI

Post by Kovy27 »

LOL @ Anyone that believed:
Jaromir Jagr wrote:“I was thinking about it and if Mario would call me and say, ‘I’d like you to play for our team,’ I would think about it a lot,” Jagr said “I would play for the minimum salary. I would play for $350,000 just for him because I owe him my hockey life. I want to pay him back because he has made me what I am"
pens#1
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pens#1 »

the thing that makes this frustrating is that there seems to be another year of no wingers coming here. Plenty of centers and still no wingers
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

pens#1 wrote:the thing that makes this frustrating is that there seems to be another year of no wingers coming here. Plenty of centers and still no wingers
I didn't know Steve Sullivan is a center.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by farnham16 »

The dude is just all about the money. His first priority was coming back to the NHL, but he still wanted to get the most bank out of his deal. Pretty amazing that just over a million made the difference for him. It says he doesn't really care about the Pens organization or Mario as much as he has said he does.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Did anyone actually announce what the Penguins' offer was? I mean i've seen $2 million and $2.5 million thrown around as fact, but i've seen nothing from the Pens.
Tomas
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Tomas »

With Jagr, we ended up raging Pittsburgh :D

http://translate.google.com/translate?j ... burgh.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Too much enthusiasm nezavládlo paradoxically even in Philadelphia. General manager Paul Holmgren is in the eyes of fans considered to be an ass since last week when a few hours exchanged two key forwards.
Oh, Google! :lol: (the article actually says that PH is now considered a "donkey", i.e. fool)

Sadly, this is the last update of the day for iSport. No quotes from Jagr or Svoboda anywhere on the Czech interwebs.
Last edited by Tomas on Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Idoit40fans wrote:Did anyone actually announce what the Penguins' offer was? I mean i've seen $2 million and $2.5 million thrown around as fact, but i've seen nothing from the Pens.
Duh, it was on that press release that some guy at the airport saw.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Jagr!!?? I've spent 20 years hating his *** and out of all the teams in the league he has to sign with the Flyers!!?? Oh for....

PS. Where's are our two way forwards? I was willing to let the whole Richards thing go IF they signed someone to actually replace him (Laich, sigh) but Jagr!? I have 82 games of Jagr to look forward to?? Thank you. That's just great. Really. Wow.
I have never liked Jagr. The thought of him wearing orange and black makes me wanna wretch.
He is one of the softest big men ever to play the game.. He WILL get hurt. He will quit in the playoffs as soon as someone runs him. I've seen it over and over. Terrible move. This team is now clearly worse than they were 1 month ago.
This made me giggle :D
Last edited by Lesky on Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GJ
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by GJ »

Pittsburgh reacts to Jagr signing with Philly...

(It's really Vancouver)
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Physical_Graffiti »

pittsports87 wrote:
pens#1 wrote:the thing that makes this frustrating is that there seems to be another year of no wingers coming here. Plenty of centers and still no wingers
I didn't know Steve Sullivan is a center.
:lol: :fist:
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

http://cgi.ebay.com/PHILADELPHIA-FLYERS ... 25654aa857" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is nuts.

adambpsu
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by adambpsu »

I already bought TP this week. Thanks though.
Factorial
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Factorial »

Lesky, are you going to get one these? Be honest.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Factorial wrote:
No **** way! Its a Flyers jersey :pop:

I´ll stick to collecting Penguins jersey....* I can say now that I treasure my Lemieux jerseys alot more than the Jagr ones which does not sit well with me at the moment.
PensOnDVD
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by PensOnDVD »

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/9 ... ns-nhl-rep" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Tomas wrote:With Jagr, we ended up raging Pittsburgh :D

http://translate.google.com/translate?j ... burgh.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Too much enthusiasm nezavládlo paradoxically even in Philadelphia. General manager Paul Holmgren is in the eyes of fans considered to be an ass since last week when a few hours exchanged two key forwards.
Oh, Google! :lol: (the article actually says that PH is now considered a "donkey", i.e. fool)

Sadly, this is the last update of the day for iSport. No quotes from Jagr or Svoboda anywhere on the Czech interwebs.
If I were Jagr I would not want to speak with the media for the entire 2011-2012 season. And even he flops it will be the biggest fiasco ever!

The Flyers fans question is: "Do we still boo him when he has the puck"?
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Thank Cheesus Jagrwatch has ended.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

1 week dealing with Jaromir and GM Shero 's hair appeared to be white!
;)
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

the wicked child wrote:Thank Cheesus Jagrwatch has ended.
:lol:
neophool
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by neophool »

seems very strange that the tread title is jagr to phi....this thread is 300 pages of jagrwatch, not talking about jage going to philly. we need a thread title that sums up the entire agonizing experience from 2 weeks ago.
KingPen66

Post by KingPen66 »

Lesky wrote:
Factorial wrote:
No **** way! Its a Flyers jersey :pop:

I´ll stick to collecting Penguins jersey....* I can say now that I treasure my Lemieux jerseys alot more than the Jagr ones which does not sit well with me at the moment.
Lesky, does your ebay name start with arch....... (i won't list the entire name) I own a sports autographs business and have sold some autographed lemieux jerseys to a customer is Sweden.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Ray Shero press conference:
. It never came down to a money issue with Jagr. It honestly never came back to that. There’s some reports that he came back and asked for more, but he never did. So he might have had something in his mind that he wanted or where he wanted to go. He never asked for more money. We never got into that negotiation.
What the hell is this? Was Jagr too ashamed to ask Ray Shero for more money? Or did Jagr take Shero for his word when he said submitted his best offer?

Why is Ray Shero speaking of "negotiating" since he had said he already submitted the best offer possible and would not change that?

To me things does not add up at all.
MyMonkey
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by MyMonkey »

neophool wrote:seems very strange that the tread title is jagr to phi....this thread is 300 pages of jagrwatch, not talking about jage going to philly. we need a thread title that sums up the entire agonizing experience from 2 weeks ago.

I think "Jagr to PHI" is certainly agonizing enough. :evil:
Three Stars
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Three Stars »

At the very least this thread has shifted the balance of power for "views" on LGP.
PensOnDVD
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by PensOnDVD »

Lesky wrote:Ray Shero press conference:
. It never came down to a money issue with Jagr. It honestly never came back to that. There’s some reports that he came back and asked for more, but he never did. So he might have had something in his mind that he wanted or where he wanted to go. He never asked for more money. We never got into that negotiation.
What the hell is this? Was Jagr too ashamed to ask Ray Shero for more money? Or did Jagr take Shero for his word when he said submitted his best offer?

Why is Ray Shero speaking of "negotiating" since he had said he already submitted the best offer possible and would not change that?

To me things does not add up at all.
Sure it does. Jagr suckered everyone. Fans, Mario, the Pens.

And we all fell for it.

He won a fixed game.

But killed his legacy when he did.