Jagr Watch 2017

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: Penguins want Jagr back?!

Post by penny lane »

Steve wrote:LOL.

Pronger and Puffnuts together, at last.
:lol: 8-)
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Physical_Graffiti »

ExPatriatePen wrote:
Lesky wrote:
...Jagrs an idiot...

329 plus pages and it all comes down to these three little words...
In Shawn Lesky we trust
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

:?
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by littlemoonboot »

dagny wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:Flyers boards are fat and happy that they (so they say) F'ed over Pittsburgh.

Most of them think Jagr's a soft, lazy, whiny, euro. They're more thrilled at Pens fans "anguish" than at getting Jagr.
And I'd say most fans don't feel anguish about anything except from a nostalgia standpoint. Anyone with a brain knows he's not going to be the same player he used to be.

Fans (myself included) were considering all of this with their heart, but Shero thinks with his head. Which is why he runs a hockey team and we don't.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

littlemoonboot wrote:
dagny wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:Flyers boards are fat and happy that they (so they say) F'ed over Pittsburgh.

Most of them think Jagr's a soft, lazy, whiny, euro. They're more thrilled at Pens fans "anguish" than at getting Jagr.
And I'd say most fans don't feel anguish about anything except from a nostalgia standpoint. Anyone with a brain knows he's not going to be the same player he used to be.

Fans (myself included) were considering all of this with their heart, but Shero thinks with his head. Which is why he runs a hockey team and we don't.
You're using logic and reasoning skills. Most flyers fans don't possess these traits.

However, they are aware of that nostalgia aspect, therefore they know there are broken Penguin fan hearts all around. They relish that.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

littlemoonboot wrote:
dagny wrote:

This.

Besides LMB, I think Ray was more than just a bit concerned that even with your obvious talents, that you'd have a tough time making the skating Penguin look geriatric.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: Jagr to PHI

Post by penny lane »

@Buccigross
John Buccigross
Deep down, and with lie detector wires to their nipples, Ray Shero & Dan Bylsma are glad Jaromir Jagr shrugged at overpriced contract
pens2005
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by pens2005 »

This is a misleading thread title. It makes it seem like we've been talking about jagr signing with philly for 331 pages.
NeddieVedder
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by NeddieVedder »

Lesky wrote:
champeen wrote:Does anyone else think that the Kovalev experiment sort of cooled the Pens front office to the 'nostalgia' of bringing in an aging former star? Granted Kovy is nowhere near Jagr in Penguins lore, but the excitment of his return lasted like 2 games. With that fresh in their minds, they were able to approach the Jagr thing even more objectively than normal. They knew the mania would wear off and they didn't want to be stuck with a 3.3 mil. dollar wing who, if he doesn't produce, literally doesn't have the skill set to play a checking role or the mindset to take a reduced role...
Why do people take it would have taken exact 3.3 million to land Jagr? Maybe it would have been enough if Shero had upped his offer to 2.5 million, that would signaled he wanted Jagr. Instead he took away the offer which he had said he would not do the day before. Probably Jagr felt that then he was not wanted either.

Jagr is a complete turd for how he has handled the case, but if the Pens had cared for his legacy as well, they would have made a better offer. Probably Jagr would have been
a good signing even at 2.5 or 3 million.

Shero gave Guerin 2 million and Jagr is twice the player Guerin was. So while I agree Jagr made a terrible decision, I still feel he was lowballed in a way the Penguins should not have risked if they cared for the Jagr coming back story.
Jesus man. Guerin was also not a nutcase who negotiated in poor faith and he was the opposite of a chemistry question mark. This is not about taking the offer away at 11:30. Jagr and Svoboda, the Czech Darren Lamb, had already poisoned the well.

For some crazy reason Detroit wasn't interested in going north of $2 million either. What does that tell you? That you allot $1 million of cap money for nostalgia and closure?
Last edited by NeddieVedder on Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

pens2005 wrote:This is a misleading thread title. It makes it seem like we've been talking about jagr signing with philly for 331 pages.
Nah, some of these threads become legendary. This one will fall into that category.
Tomas
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Tomas »

According to iSport.cz, Jagr now plans to take a vacation - in Las Vegas. :)
After that, he will return back to Kladno to continue building the team for the new Extraleague season. (Jagr is actually "Shero" of HC Kladno. :) )
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by littlemoonboot »

dagny wrote:
You're using logic and reasoning skills. Most flyers fans don't possess these traits.
Neither does Holmgren
PenguinSteve-o
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by PenguinSteve-o »

This is probably a blessing in disguise.
Jagr a locker room Cancer possibly.
Talbot not taking up a roster space on the Pens
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Lemieux needs to fire Shero over the weekend, and go into the rest of the summer fresh with a new GM. I would kill to have a GM like Holmgren that isn't afraid to make the moves necessary to bring home the trophy. Ray Shero? More like Ray Zero.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by ExPatriatePen »

shafnutz05 wrote:Lemieux needs to fire Shero over the weekend, and go into the rest of the summer fresh with a new GM. I would kill to have a GM like Holmgren that isn't afraid to make the moves necessary to bring home the trophy. Ray Shero? More like Ray Zero.
Riiiiigggghhhhhhhtttttttt.
:wink:
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

shafnutz05 wrote:Lemieux needs to fire Shero over the weekend, and go into the rest of the summer fresh with a new GM. I would kill to have a GM like Holmgren that isn't afraid to make the moves necessary to bring home the trophy. Ray Shero? More like Ray Zero.
:lol: :fist:
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by littlemoonboot »

Well, Flyers fans can go ahead and laugh at any sad Penguins fans, we'll see who laughs in the spring.
66 Fighters of Foo
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by 66 Fighters of Foo »

Not only should #68 never be retired, the Penguins should give it to Iceburgh.
pens#1
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pens#1 »

has there been any comments from Jar or Lemieux yet?
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Willie Kool »

I hear CP is available :pop:
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Per Shero, Jagr had a deadline of 11am. They went 40 minutes over the deadline.

Please stop the whining about how he should have given him a 30 minute ultimatum now.
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Willie Kool »

66 Fighters of Foo wrote:Not only should #68 never be retired, the Penguins should give it to Iceburgh.
I was thinking assign it to the lowest ranked guy in camp every year...
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Willie Kool wrote:
66 Fighters of Foo wrote:Not only should #68 never be retired, the Penguins should give it to Iceburgh.
I was thinking assign it to the lowest ranked guy in camp every year...
But then Fleury would always be forced to wear it :cry:
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

LOL @ LGP!!!

Jagr was only in it for the money and had no serious intention of coming back to Pittsburgh and was likely only using them as a bargaining chip to drive his price up?! That's insane and no one in this galaxy could have possibly seen that coming.

This is the best non-move the Pens could make and him going to the Flyers is icing on the cake.