Jagr Watch 2017

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: Penguins want Jagr back?!

Post by newarenanow »

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 44855.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good snippet from Dejan.

Lesky, please read.
GJ
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Jagr to PHI

Post by GJ »

Don't you think that JJ could have gotten a bundle in endorsements around Pittsburgh close to 1.3 million?
jmh470
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by jmh470 »

Wait what? Jagr played teams against each other to get more money? This is just...shocking.

It's interesting to see newer fans become acquainted with Jagr.

This is what he does. This is who he is.
NeddieVedder
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by NeddieVedder »

Bathgate wrote:It's also a darn shame that another prominent member of the first Cup team, Mark Recchi, did not finish his career here. They had him here to do just that, but then they thought he couldn't contribute and he proved them wrong.
It's not really a shame. He asked to leave. If he could've lived with not dressing for two weeks -- I think he was pushed out of the lineup by Kennedy, actually -- he would've gotten big ice time for the rest of the season when everyone started spraining their ankles. Plus his $2 million in our old man winger allocations was eventually better used on Guerin.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

newarenanow wrote:http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 44855.html

Good snippet from Dejan.

Lesky, please read.
Yeah I read it some hours ago when it was first posted.
Rico Fata

Post by Rico Fata »

cake eater
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

Sams_Dog wrote:Image

I laughed the entire time while making this.
This is now my fb profile picture. Thanks.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Physical_Graffiti »

newarenanow wrote:
Physical_Graffiti wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
Physical_Graffiti wrote:
Bathgate wrote:It's such a shame that two of the most prominent members of the Pens' original Cup-winning teams are hated in this town (Jagr and Barrasso). It really does detract from the memories and the pride.

It's also a darn shame that another prominent member of the first Cup team, Mark Recchi, did not finish his career here. They had him here to do just that, but then they thought he couldn't contribute and he proved them wrong.
Pittsburgh overrates Barrasso
Barrasso was a pretty damn good goaltender. Many outside of Pgh will agree. Hell, he is probably going to be a HOF.
I would be too with Lemieux, Jagr, Francis, Recchi, Murphy, and Coffey in front of me.
All offensively geared stars. Someone had to cover the defensive end. So probably even more props to him.

Also, with that logic, you can say Lemieux, or Jagr, or Coffey, etc, weren't that good, because they had one another to lean on. Your logic doesn't make sense.
What defensive end? You score ten goals in a game, and you're probably going to win: You just have to score one more goal than your goalie let in ( and they could)

It makes perfect sense: Lemieux scored 100 points on a team of nobodies. None of them played together for their entire careers, and they all scored consistently when they left/before the came. Barasso had two 30-win seasons and one was on an insane Penguins team (coached by none-other than Scotty Bowman - who incidentally, also coached him for his Vezina/ Calder winning season).
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

shafnutz05 wrote:Flyers boards are fat and happy that they (so they say) F'ed over Pittsburgh.

Most of them think Jagr's a soft, lazy, whiny, euro. They're more thrilled at Pens fans "anguish" than at getting Jagr.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

jmh470 wrote:Wait what? Jagr played teams against each other to get more money? This is just...shocking.

I have nothing against him having teams play against each other to get more money. That is fine.

I just wish he wouldn't have talked about how he wanted to return to Pgh, his heart is here, blah, blah, blah. If he didn't like Shero's offer, just say, "sorry, can't do it" and move on.

And I agree, this is who Jagr is. He was like that pretty much from the mid 90s until he left, and also like that in DC. I gave him the benefit of the doubt that at 39, he'd change. I was wrong.

PS - not a new fan, I remember Jagr very well.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

newarenanow wrote:
jmh470 wrote:Wait what? Jagr played teams against each other to get more money? This is just...shocking.

I have nothing against him having teams play against each other to get more money. That is fine.

I just wish he wouldn't have talked about how he wanted to return to Pgh, his heart is here, blah, blah, blah. If he didn't like Shero's offer, just say, "sorry, can't do it" and move on.

And I agree, this is who Jagr is. He was like that pretty much from the mid 90s until he left, and also like that in DC. I gave him the benefit of the doubt that at 39, he'd change. I was wrong.

PS - not a new fan, I remember Jagr very well.

Again.... NAN just said what I was gonna say.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

Daniel87 wrote:
DontToewsMeBro wrote:I support giving a player #68. Would be so hilarious.
That would be amazing if Crag F'n Adams skated out with #68.
:fist:
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

I like the new location Dags!
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Physical_Graffiti wrote:All offensively geared stars. Someone had to cover the defensive end. So probably even more props to him.

Also, with that logic, you can say Lemieux, or Jagr, or Coffey, etc, weren't that good, because they had one another to lean on. Your logic doesn't make sense.
What defensive end? You score ten goals in a game, and you're probably going to win: You just have to score one more goal than your goalie let in ( and they could)

It makes perfect sense: Lemieux scored 100 points on a team of nobodies. None of them played together for their entire careers, and they all scored consistently when they left/before the came. Barasso had two 30-win seasons and one was on an insane Penguins team (coached by none-other than Scotty Bowman - who incidentally, also coached him for his Vezina/ Calder winning season).[/quote]

The dude is 15th in wins all time.

Look, no one is going to mistake him for a Patrick Roy, or Broduer or someone, but he was a key piece to the Pens during the 90s, and especially during their cup runs.

To take away his accomplishments because of who played in front of him, or pointing to who was the coach at the time (which doesn't change the way he played) is ridiculous.
RxBandit66
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by RxBandit66 »

Malkamaniac wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:Flyers boards are fat and happy that they (so they say) F'ed over Pittsburgh.
They sure did get us good! A guy that scores one goal and is excellent at PK, and Jagr, who hasn't played in the NHL in 3 years. They gave up 70+ goals to get those two guys and Voracek so far.
Not to mention the fact that they way overpaid to get them.
Bathgate
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Bathgate »

Jagr's agent just said on The Fan that he had a one-year offer greater than 6 million with one of the teams (which he would not name), so he did not pick the Flyers just for the money.
Ossa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Ossa »

According to Jagr's agent (interview on the fan) a team offered a one year, a high six million dollar salary for Jagr.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

svoboda talking on the fan just said Jagr went to philly not for money, but because it was best place to succeed
Not to mention that it was the most money out of all the known deals.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

Bathgate wrote:Jagr's agent just said on The Fan that he had a one-year offer greater than 6 million with one of the teams (which he would not name), so he did not pick the Flyers just for the money.
:roll: yeah, let me be the 1st to cough into my hand and call "bull chit".

Edit: besides Mike Milbury hasn't been the Islanders GM for years ;)
Last edited by ExPatriatePen on Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neophool
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by neophool »

vomit
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by littlemoonboot »

That little place I have always had in my heart reserved for Jagr is now vacant. More space for Pat Lafontaine, I guess. I just can't have the same love and respect when someone goes on about how much Mario means to him and how his heart is in Pittsburgh but goes on to sign with their biggest rival. For a couple more million dollars on top of the vast amounts you've already made over your hockey career.

I do not hate the man, he still gives me happy memories that make me smile, but I no longer have the same love for him that I used to and no longer care whether or not his number is up in the rafters.

It makes me love and appreciate the guys that want to play here and stick around here so much more, though.
Last edited by littlemoonboot on Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

If it wasn't about the money, and he cared what Mario though, he wouldn't have went to Philly. Everyone KNOWS it was about the money.
flame
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by flame »

F U JAGR
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

littlemoonboot wrote:That little place I have always had in my heart reserved for Jagr is now vacant. More space for Pat Lafontaine, I guess. I just can't have the same love and respect when someone goes on about how much Mario means to him and how his heart is in Pittsburgh but goes on to sign with their biggest rival. For a couple more million dollars on top of the vast amounts you've already made over your hockey career.

I do not hate the man, he still gives me happy memories that make me smile, but I no longer have the same love for him that I used to and no longer care whether or not his number is up in the rafters.

It makes me love and appreciate the guys that want to play here and stick around here so much more, though.
Couldn't have said it better myself. :fist:
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

flame wrote:F U JAGR
Couldn't have said it better myself. :fist: