Jagr Watch 2017

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
fleury495
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Re: Penguins want Jagr back?!

Post by fleury495 »

I guess if you can't beat them... sign all their players?
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: Jagr to PHI

Post by TheHammer24 »

You can't really blame him for taking $1.3 million more, but I will boo him and I don't want his number retired. He could have cemented a legacy.
Sams_Dog
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Sams_Dog »

[ From Wall Street ]
Jagr: "You once said don't get emotional about money, Mario...don't. the offer is 3.3 million for one year. You can take it o leave it. As the biggest asswipe in Penguins history I suggest you take it."

Mario: "Yeah you TAKE IT! RIGHT UP THE *** YOU PUNK!!! **SLAMS PHONE**
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

TheHammer24 wrote:You can't really blame him for taking $1.3 million more, but I will boo him and I don't want his number retired. He could have cemented a legacy.
I feel the same way.
Myriad
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Myriad »

What a July 1st...
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Physical_Graffiti »

Bathgate wrote:It's such a shame that two of the most prominent members of the Pens' original Cup-winning teams are hated in this town (Jagr and Barrasso). It really does detract from the memories and the pride.

It's also a darn shame that another prominent member of the first Cup team, Mark Recchi, did not finish his career here. They had him here to do just that, but then they thought he couldn't contribute and he proved them wrong.
Pittsburgh overrates Barrasso
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Physical_Graffiti wrote:
Bathgate wrote:It's such a shame that two of the most prominent members of the Pens' original Cup-winning teams are hated in this town (Jagr and Barrasso). It really does detract from the memories and the pride.

It's also a darn shame that another prominent member of the first Cup team, Mark Recchi, did not finish his career here. They had him here to do just that, but then they thought he couldn't contribute and he proved them wrong.
Barrasso was a pretty damn good goaltender. Many outside of Pgh will agree. Hell, he is probably going to be a HOF.
Pavement
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Pavement »

Dan H wrote:
Lesky wrote:I defended him in over 600 posts. I was sure he would make things right in the end and make me a very happy man. I would have been crying with joy seeing Jagr in Pittsburgh again.

And then the shock that he went to the Flyers, the worst insult that ever possible.

I can not express how let down and sad I am feeling at the moment. It will take a very long time to shake this off and it will NEVER be completely
forgotten.

Finally, I am gutted my other childhood hero - Mario has to put up with this stuff!

Please wake me up from this nightmare.
Lesky,

It's just a game.

Here's my advice to you: First, get some rest. Then, pick up your hockey stick (or go buy one, if you don't have one), find a place to go play ice or inline or street hockey, and just play. Failing that, work on stickhandling or shooting into a net/wall/garbage can/washing machine for a while. Nothing Jaromir Jagr (or any other pro) does should be able to wreck hockey for us. Hockey is a game that's gloriously fun to play for both kids and adults. The version of it that involves millions of dollars and huge arenas is already a little bit inauthentic. Get out and play the real version for a little while, and chances are you'll feel better.

:thumb: one of the best posts I've seen on this board. i raise my glass to you sir! :fist:
Kerry Fraser
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Kerry Fraser »

newarenanow wrote:
Physical_Graffiti wrote:

Hell, he is probably going to be a HOF.
He should be, but his strained relations with the media will probably prevent that.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

newarenanow wrote:
Physical_Graffiti wrote:

Barrasso was a pretty damn good goaltender. Many outside of Pgh will agree. Hell, he is probably going to be a HOF.
Most Pens fans from "back in the day" will tell you that they loved seeing Barrasso in the crease, they despised what Barrasso could do to a locker room and they feared the possibility of running in to Tommy at Froggies... Other than that...
Fast B
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Fast B »

Physical_Graffiti wrote:

Sorry he's not Canadian, but Americans are allowed to win Vezinas too.
MyMonkey
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by MyMonkey »

TheHammer24 wrote:You can't really blame him for taking $1.3 million more, but I will boo him and I don't want his number retired. He could have cemented a legacy.
That $1.3 after already earning about $100 mil, and after supposedly giving Mario his word?

That $1.3 mil would have been made up in local comps, endorsements, and goodwill.

Signing with Philthy is worse than the $1.3 mil. Shows he could care less about his history with the Pens.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

newarenanow wrote:
Physical_Graffiti wrote:

I would be too with Lemieux, Jagr, Francis, Recchi, Murphy, and Coffey in front of me.
Kerry Fraser
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Kerry Fraser »

Physical_Graffiti wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
Physical_Graffiti wrote:

I would be too with Lemieux, Jagr, Francis, Recchi, Murphy, and Coffey in front of me.
By this logic, I guess that means Grant Fuhr sucked too.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

ExPatriatePen wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
Physical_Graffiti wrote:

Most Pens fans from "back in the day" will tell you that they loved seeing Barrasso in the crease, they despised what Barrasso could do to a locker room and they feared the possibility of running in to Tommy at Froggies... Other than that...
Yeah, off the ice, he was a total ass. That is why there is a lot of sour feelings towards him, much like how Pgh hates Bonds for the same reason.

But on the ice, to say we overrate him, he was a pretty damn good goaltender. Just look at his career statistics and what he had won. And I think man around the country would agree.
Myriad
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Myriad »

ugh. i just thought about jagr in orange next year and i want to punch something
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Physical_Graffiti wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
Physical_Graffiti wrote:

All offensively geared stars. Someone had to cover the defensive end. So probably even more props to him.

Also, with that logic, you can say Lemieux, or Jagr, or Coffey, etc, weren't that good, because they had one another to lean on. Your logic doesn't make sense.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Fast B wrote:
Physical_Graffiti wrote:

Sorry he's not Canadian, but Americans are allowed to win Vezinas too.
José Theodore has a vezina

/ lolz
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

Myriad wrote:ugh. i just thought about jagr in orange next year and i want to punch something
I don't need to think of Jagr in a Flyers uni for that... Just the sweater itself does that for me... I once was in a long term relationship with a woman whose 8 year old nephew played deck hockey.

I went to all of his games except when he played "the Flyers", I had to leave because I just couldn't keep my mouth shut when I saw those sweaters. Being as I'm in NY, not very many up here understood why I wouldn't go to those games. ;)
Sams_Dog
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Sams_Dog »

I laughed the entire time while making this.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Flyers boards are fat and happy that they (so they say) F'ed over Pittsburgh.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

shafnutz05 wrote:Flyers boards are fat and happy that they (so they say) F'ed over Pittsburgh.
They sure did get us good! A guy that scores one goal and is excellent at PK, and Jagr, who hasn't played in the NHL in 3 years. They gave up 70+ goals to get those two guys and Voracek so far.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by ExPatriatePen »

shafnutz05 wrote:Flyers boards are fat and happy that they (so they say) F'ed over Pittsburgh.
I still maintain that this might actually be BETTER for Pittsburgh.

If JJ had signed in San Jose that would have gotten a "me" from me, but this actually hurts Filthy and you gotta love that. Can you imagine Flyers fans having to deL with Jagr's little princess act? LMAO
Factorial
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Factorial »

MyMonkey wrote:
That $1.3 after already earning about $100 mil, and after supposedly giving Mario his word?

That $1.3 mil would have been made up in local comps, endorsements, and goodwill.

Signing with Philthy is worse than the $1.3 mil. Shows he could care less about his history with the Pens.
Exactly, anyone up for burning him in effigy outside the Igloo tonight :pop:
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by ExPatriatePen »

Admin, you just gotta rename this thread "Jagr to Philly"

You just have to! :)