Jagr Watch 2017

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Penguins want Jagr back?!

Post by Rylan »

Collider wrote:Sorry to say this, but some of you folks can't see the forest for the trees. I moved out of Pittsburgh about 5 years ago, and didn't grow up there - though my 8 years living there were awesome, I'm a huge Pens fan, and I'd move back in a heartbeat.

The point I want to make is that nobody really A) knows about B) gives a **** about Pittsburgh outside of Pittsburgh. ESPECIALLY Jaromir Jagr. You may all feel extremely sentimental about your city, but HE doesn't - it was a minor, small American city and a temporary location for his career.

Yes, he's a greedy sh*t - but you can't expect someone to fall in love with what to them is just another pit stop in a long career of making tons of money for playing a game.

I wholeheartedly support the tack taken by Shero on this one.
Actually, from a sporting standpoint, Pittsburgh is pretty much a big deal. Athletes love it in Pittsburgh.
SlipperyRockJoe
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by SlipperyRockJoe »

Idoit40fans wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:I feel like i'm at FlyersPhans.com right now. Ironic considering the team the comments are being directed towards.

You do mean all the irrational distress about Jagr not signing that low offer from Shero, right?
I'm ok with that, i've been dealing with irrational Jagr hatred for most of my adult life, i'm just looking at the "dress our ahl goons" and "keep your head up through the neutral zone" comments. The latter comments are funny because i think he has been one of the best at skating with the puck and his head down ice since he's been in the league. He's also a tank.
Did you see Ovie kill him in the Olympics?

I want Jagr to be crushed, legally. Ideally it would be Malkin, but I would take Cooke or Orpik. Again, I want it clean.
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Mr. Colby »

I motion that we all move over to the July 1 UFA thread now... the Jagr movie is over.
PensOnDVD
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by PensOnDVD »

NPR this thread please.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

Draftnik wrote:I don't understand why Pens fans took Jagr's comments so personally 10 years ago or why they take his actions so personally today.

I can understand Lemieux feeling like he was betrayed since they were allegedly friends, but there is no way this can end well for Jagr or the Flyers.

Jagr destroyed the Caps for a few seasons and if he stays around long enough he can destroy the Flyers 11/12 season as well.

I'll be curious to see a pronger/jagr relationship. He hasn't worn a penguin for 10 years; no hate., not emotionally invested. He has the talent for a short tournament, now flyers has a goalie... it's the flyers. he goes to the habs, I don't care.
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Mr. Colby »

http://www.letsgopens.com/scripts/phpBB ... =1&t=54380" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SlipperyRockJoe
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by SlipperyRockJoe »

pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: Jagr to PHI

Post by pittsports87 »

His return to Pittsburgh will be on 24/7 too. Should be interesting.
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by 17132 »

I hope his jersey gets retired here. He helped get me 2 Cups.
Collider
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Collider »

Rylan wrote:
Collider wrote:Sorry to say this, but some of you folks can't see the forest for the trees. I moved out of Pittsburgh about 5 years ago, and didn't grow up there - though my 8 years living there were awesome, I'm a huge Pens fan, and I'd move back in a heartbeat.

The point I want to make is that nobody really A) knows about B) gives a **** about Pittsburgh outside of Pittsburgh. ESPECIALLY Jaromir Jagr. You may all feel extremely sentimental about your city, but HE doesn't - it was a minor, small American city and a temporary location for his career.

Yes, he's a greedy sh*t - but you can't expect someone to fall in love with what to them is just another pit stop in a long career of making tons of money for playing a game.

Actually, from a sporting standpoint, Pittsburgh is pretty much a big deal. Athletes love it in Pittsburgh.
Well, some Athletes, obviously. Jagr has lived and played on three continents, in cities much larger and more famous globally than Pittsburgh. What makes you think he prefers a small working class city in the eastern US to any of those other places, or the Czech Republic where he's from?
Puck Drama
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Puck Drama »

I knew Jagr was not interested in playing for Pittsburgh, he got his closure when he got the Penguins organization to ask him to come back. The calls and contract offer just were icing on the Jagr cake. Perfect revenge for the BS the organization and media put him through when he was here.
On the brights side, he is going to have trouble staying motivated. My guess is he has 17 goals this season, likely 8 of those against the Penguins.
Daniel87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Daniel87 »

This is a little different then simply living in the same city for 8 years...
jkorber75
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by jkorber75 »

[youtube][/youtube]
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by pfim »

And we're in NPR.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

MAx Talbott is down to San Jose, Toronto, and Philly.
Dear Max, sign in Philly. Do it.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

IncredibleMulk71 wrote:Seriously... how do you pick the Flyers for 1.3 million dollars more. Jagr just lost all of his remaining fans in Pittsburgh.
They were probably the best option among the teams making offers to him. Ignoring the fact that it was probably always about money, once there were no teams he "wanted" to go to, of course he's going after the biggest paycheck.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by pfim »

Daniel87 wrote:

This is a little different then simply living in the same city for 8 years...
I'm not sure the city and how well it is viewed really has much to do with this.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Henry Hank »

Well, some Athletes, obviously. Jagr has lived and played on three continents, in cities much larger and more famous globally than Pittsburgh. What makes you think he prefers a small working class city in the eastern US to any of those other places, or the Czech Republic where he's from?
I mean, he did say his heart was in Pittsburgh. I never believed he actually meant that but it's easy to see why he's offended people with his actions.
Factorial
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Re: Jagr to PHI

Post by Factorial »

Mongoose87 wrote:This is literally the only team I'd be upset with him sign to.
Agreed and he had to have known Pens fans would feel that way -- f him and his legacy.
Kerry Fraser
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Kerry Fraser »

Lemieux sells his interest with the Pens and becomes a shareholder with the Flyers.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Malkamaniac wrote:
MAx Talbott is down to San Jose, Toronto, and Philly.
Dear Max, sign in Philly. Do it.
Then we can sign Carcillo and call it even :D
Niles
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Niles »

Let's get Ruutu back?
Spoiler:
[youtube][/youtube]
Collider
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Collider »

Henry Hank wrote:
I mean, he did say his heart was in Pittsburgh. I never believed he actually meant that but it's easy to see why he's offended people with his actions.
Well yeah, I said before that he's a greedy sh*t. People say things for money. I don't know, I was just trying to make the point that people counting on sentimentality are bound to be disappointed.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Man, I was away for 2 hrs, knowing Jagr got the offered pulled, but to find out he signed with Philly, wow. A little hard to swallow, but I'm ready to move on.

I thought for a while here that he was going to end his career here. That he truly cared to do that. Now, fair or not, he won't be welcomed back here in Pgh for a long time. It's going to be a while before they have a retirement cerimony for him or anything.

Good luck in Philly.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

I just woke up, and Jagr did the one thing I said would make me hate him.

The Flyers?! Really?!

It's one thing to be traded there, it's a whole other thing to CHOOSE them.

Anger doesn't even describe how I feel toward him.

Thanks for the memories Jags... Now, I hope you are destroyed.